- Jun 23, 2013
/* * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA. */
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
What's working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- SELinux Enforcing
- Nothing yet. If any, report with logs
- Download latest build from the download section below.
- (Optional) Download GApps
- $ fastboot update ./lineage_laurel_sprout-img-eng.arru.zip
- (First time) Reboot into recovery; format data and reboot system.
- (Updates) System updates will be delivered through System Update. Full A/B OTA supported
- (Optional) You can use the recovery packaged with the ROM to flash GApps and Magisk
This should work even with Android 10 users who haven't updated to Android 11 but I would be wary. All images to update to Android 11 is there in https://github.com/MasterAwesome/android_vendor_xiaomi_laurel_sprout-images. The OTA packages should automatically update these
Source code :
- vendor tree containing stock images: android_vendor_xiaomi_laurel_sprout-images
- system library tree from stock: android_vendor_xiaomi_laurel_sprout
- device tree: android_device_xiaomi_laurel_sprout
- kernel tree: android_kernel_xiaomi_laurel_sprout
Send a pull-request on the branch you want to modify and I'll review and merge.
Please use this thread to address all your questions; you can also use telegram at https://t.me/lineage_laurel_sprout