Search This thread

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
2okPze5.png

Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS
  • SELinux Enforcing
  • DT2W

Known issues:
  • Nothing yet. If any, report with logs

Instructions :
  • Download latest build from the download section below.
  • (Optional) Download GApps
  • $ fastboot update ./lineage_laurel_sprout-img-eng.arru.zip
  • (First time) Reboot into recovery; format data and reboot system.
  • (Updates) System updates will be delivered through System Update. Full A/B OTA supported
  • (Optional) You can use the recovery packaged with the ROM to flash GApps and Magisk

Warnings:
This should work even with Android 10 users who haven't updated to Android 11 but I would be wary. All images to update to Android 11 is there in https://github.com/MasterAwesome/android_vendor_xiaomi_laurel_sprout-images. The OTA packages should automatically update these

Download:
lineage_laurel_sprout-img-eng.arru.zip
lineage_laurel_sprout-ota-eng.arru.zip

Source code :
Contributing:
Send a pull-request on the branch you want to modify and I'll review and merge.

Please use this thread to address all your questions; you can also use telegram at https://t.me/lineage_laurel_sprout

Last edited:

Sairagav

A mini review:

Pros:
1. It is built with latest sources so it has minimal bugs and more number of features.
2. Battery life is bloody spectacular! Better than Stock!
3. It's de-goolaged ;)
4. Very stable, haven't had any force closes or random reboots.

Cons(?) more like Nit- picks
1. The brightness slider is not uniform (particularly in the last section to the right. This is present in other A11 roms as well so maybe related to vendor blobs? idk. Very minor bug.
2. FOD is very fast, but recognition is sometimes inconsistent.
3. The status-bar padding looks terrible (just my opinion).

Mehs:
1. Performance is... average. It's not terrible, but it's nothing special. The UI is responsive but not exactly "fluid". But it's solid and gets the job done.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this over stock rom and am sure dev will keep this updated and alive. Thanks for your work dev! We really needed this.

Subhamji

Jan 31, 2018
A mini review:

Pros:
1. It is built with latest sources so it has minimal bugs and more number of features.
3. It's de-goolaged ;)

1. The brightness slider is not uniform (particularly in the last section to the right. This is present in other A11 roms as well so maybe related to vendor blobs? idk. Very minor bug.

Mehs:
1. Performance is... average. It's not terrible, but it's nothing special. The UI is responsive but not exactly "fluid". But it's solid and gets the job done.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this over stock rom and am sure dev will keep this updated and alive. Thanks for your work dev! We really needed this.
Bor can I install it over pa beta1 ,how is it compared to pa beta1 , please share some screenshots (statusbar, qs tiles, recent tab etc.)

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
To clarify a little. It should work flashing it over anything A11. I would recommend that you've flashed A11 stock some time in your life. If you haven't do that because I know that works for sure :) anything else you can test and let me know.

Reactions: Sairagav

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
A mini review:

Pros:
3. It's de-goolaged ;)

Mehs:

Thank you for the feedback. About the status bar padding could you explain a bit more. I can change it but I'm not sure what is different.

The brightness slider settings are from stock; I'll look into it though.

About performance, I'll run some tests. The libc is not optimized for our chipset because it's the first release. I'm waiting for more bugs to come through before I start optimizing for performance.

There are some cool battery features there :) my SOT time is waaaaay better than stock.

Sairagav

Bor can I install it over pa beta1 ,how is it compared to pa beta1 , please share some screenshots (statusbar, qs tiles, recent tab etc.)

Yes you can directly install over PA Beta 1, just follow instructions in OP, no need to flash stock in this case. Compared to beta 1, it's more stable, but a few minor bugs. battery is excellent but in PA it was kinda okay. PA is more fluid, but both are fast. I came from PA and don't regret one bit. But both are good.

Sairagav

Thank you for the feedback. About the status bar padding could you explain a bit more. I can change it but I'm not sure what is different.

The brightness slider settings are from stock; I'll look into it though.

About performance, I'll run some tests. The libc is not optimized for our chipset because it's the first release. I'm waiting for more bugs to come through before I start optimizing for performance.

There are some cool battery features there :) my SOT time is waaaaay better than stock.

Re Status bar padding: In stock and you ROM, the notch area and status bar "depth" or height is large. In other ROMs it's more compact. Not a problem at all sorry for complaining, but I noticed so I mentioned.

Re Brightness slider: Yea, confirmed broken in Stock A11 and also Paranoid Android based on A11.

Re performance: thanks for making it clear. It's not bad at all as it is. Appreciate your consideration.

Also DT2W is broken for me... and FOD has completely stopped working.
It was working initially, but now it doesn't recognise nor letting me add new ones.
The light still shines, but doen't scan.
(this might just be a **** up on my side tho so sorry if it's just my dumb ass)
Initially it was spectacular but now it's dead.

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
Re Status bar padding: In stock and you ROM, the notch area and status bar "depth" or height is large. In other ROMs it's more compact. Not a problem at all sorry for complaining, but I noticed so I mentioned.

Re Brightness slider: Yea, confirmed broken in Stock A11 and also Paranoid Android based on A11.

Re performance: thanks for making it clear. It's not bad at all as it is. Appreciate your consideration.

Also DT2W is broken for me... and FOD has completely stopped working.
It was working initially, but now it doesn't recognise nor letting me add new ones.
The light still shines, but doen't scan.
(this might just be a **** up on my side tho so sorry if it's just my dumb ass)
Initially it was spectacular but now it's dead.

Can you give me the logs for the fingerprint? Dt2w I'll look into it, I might've removed it for the first build.

Reactions: Beep-Bop

Magicxavi

Sep 2, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi A3
Reactions: Beep-Bop

MasterAwesome

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2013
OnePlus 6
Where is the authorship on your commits? Trees are full of "KANG".
This is disgusting in relation to other developers and their work done.

Hi,

Most of the work was done by me (ofc people helped on IRC etc), but the fixes itself was what I thought would work through trial and error. If I have missed an authoriship for a commit let me know I'll update it. The commits which I fixed audio from and something else was given authoriship to. The remaining was straight from my lineage-17.1 tree which had very little contributions from me anyway. Anyhoo, feel free to DM me about it if you want to talk more.

Cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • SELinux Enforcing
    • DT2W

Known issues:
    • Nothing yet. If any, report with logs

Instructions :
    • Download latest build from the download section below.
    • (Optional) Download GApps
    • $ fastboot update ./lineage_laurel_sprout-img-eng.arru.zip
    • (First time) Reboot into recovery; format data and reboot system.
    • (Updates) System updates will be delivered through System Update. Full A/B OTA supported
    • (Optional) You can use the recovery packaged with the ROM to flash GApps and Magisk

Warnings:
    This should work even with Android 10 users who haven't updated to Android 11 but I would be wary. All images to update to Android 11 is there in https://github.com/MasterAwesome/android_vendor_xiaomi_laurel_sprout-images. The OTA packages should automatically update these

Download:
    lineage_laurel_sprout-img-eng.arru.zip
    lineage_laurel_sprout-ota-eng.arru.zip

Source code :
    Contributing:
    Send a pull-request on the branch you want to modify and I'll review and merge.

Please use this thread to address all your questions; you can also use telegram at https://t.me/lineage_laurel_sprout
    Hi, I'm currently on the stock version without root yet V12.0.4.0.RFQMIXM
    Could you please share some information what's necessary to install this Lineage 18.1 Version? Is TWRP necessary?
    Sorry for this noob quesion, but I've read that TWRP isn't available for A11 yet - so how to get root and a recovery? Would be glad to get some links and infos on how to do it.

What i did:
    • Flash latest stock rom (i used V12.0.3.0.RFQEUXM from here)
    • let the phone reboot, do the minimal setup inside of the stock rom and turn it off
    • start it into recovery mode
    • flash the rom as indicated in the start post with "fastboot update LINEAGEROM"
    • the phone will reboot (at my first try the lineage recovery came up where i had to wipe data). After that, starting worked fine
    • Do the minimal setup inside of the lineage rom
    • activate developer options and adb access
    • turn off the phone
    • start it into recovery mode - the lineage reovery will appear.
    • flash GAPPS (i used nikgapps basic) and then magisk 21.4 via SIDELOAD
    • restart the phone and voila
    I had to grant access the google play services to everything . My google account wasnt adding the contacts without google play services had permission to read them. So i had to delete my google profile, activate the access for the play services app, and redo integrating the google account.

Hope this helps :)
    A mini review:

Pros:
    3. It's de-goolaged ;)

Mehs:

Some Screen shots I took (I forgot to take battery ones,sorry. but SOT is around 9+ Hrs for light to medium usage)
    Screenshot_20210202-091017.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220514_Trebuchet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220528_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220538_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220600_Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220610_Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-220626_Trebuchet.jpg
    Where is the authorship on your commits? Trees are full of "KANG".
    This is disgusting in relation to other developers and their work done.

Hi,

Most of the work was done by me (ofc people helped on IRC etc), but the fixes itself was what I thought would work through trial and error. If I have missed an authoriship for a commit let me know I'll update it. The commits which I fixed audio from and something else was given authoriship to. The remaining was straight from my lineage-17.1 tree which had very little contributions from me anyway. Anyhoo, feel free to DM me about it if you want to talk more.

Cheers :)