[OTA-May 05 2021][4.9][ Fully Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
Dear friend
by flashing basic gapps the google phone app replaces AOSP dialer
since it was recommended in the installation instructions to flash basic gapps, I installed it
I will install the next update via clean flash and flash core gapps.View attachment 5274407
You are confusing nikgapps with flamegapps. With flamegapps basic the dialer is not replaced. With this ROM, flamegapps is recommended.

You can also flash full flamegapps and select what you want. Just download the txt file from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flamegapps/files/arm64/gapps-config/

Place it in the same directory where you have the flamegapps zip file on your phone and edit it and replace the 1 with 0 to skip a component. The txt file must be in that same directory on your phone storage when flashing from orangefox. Note that by default the camera app is removed on flamegapps, be it basic or full variant, but there is also a setting on that file if you want to keep it.

Then if you already are in this ROM and just want to have flamegapps costumized or replace nikgapp, redownload the ROM zip file from GitHub (see first post) and put it on your phone, then go to orangefox and:
- wipe system, caches and vendor (keep data intact, as you were already on this ROM)
- flash the ROM zip file
- flash the flamegapps zip file, full or basic (don't forget you must have that txt file on the same folder if you want to customize it, mandatory if you are flashing full flamegapps and want to keep stock dialer)
- wipe caches again (won't hurt) and reboot to system at least once (everything should be okay)
- if you need to flash magisk or other stuff, only do it after that reboot

This has worked fine for me everytime I wanted to change stuff in flamegapps without losing data or internal storage. But in doubt, make a backup from orangefox to SD card if you want to be extra safe.

And btw, thanks @zeelog and @anandsvm - with the new option I can now use the stock dialer to always record calls (even though there still is no option to manually record... but I know it's not your fault). You guys are awesome.

Fikar Haeril

Jul 28, 2016
Cusrom is stable, maybe not all devices are like this, it's just that in my device the battery charge is very slow, it's not an adapter or data cable problem, I think the problem is in thermal-engine.conf ([BATTERY_CHARGING_STL])

Per5on

Jan 2, 2021
Cusrom is stable, maybe not all devices are like this, it's just that in my device the battery charge is very slow, it's not an adapter or data cable problem, I think the problem is in thermal-engine.conf ([BATTERY_CHARGING_STL])
Have you tried different chargers?
Stock battery inlet supports up to 1,5 A of charging, whch takes appr. 2,5 hours to fully charge.
If you use 500 mA, the time jumps to 6 hours.
What is the charging current voltage on your screen lock?

Suyal_Ahmed99

Apr 10, 2021
IMG_20210410_190938~2_compress79.jpg
IMG_20210410_191048~2_compress3.jpg
IMG_20210410_191247~3_compress46.jpg

HELP ME OUT

Hey Dev, Please Help Me Figure It Out I Have Some Important Files In The Phone I Can't Loss

I Had Lineage OS 18.1 (20201213) Flashed On My Redmi Note 4 Via TWRP It Was working all Fine but 3 days Earlier
In System Setting I Got a New Update For March So I Downloaded It And It Went Into Lineage Recovery And I No Longer Can Access The File I Have downloaded Like TWRP,
So I Downloaded The Lastest April 8 Update On My PC to Sideload It As It Tells Me to Do In The 3rd Step of Apply Update (Pic Attached) but It Doesn't Recognise though I Have It Connected, For It to Connect Maybe The USB Debugging Must Be Turned On But I'm Not Sure If it's turned on or Not as it directly Went Into Recovery after the update, But In Recovery In Advance Option There Is A Option To Enable ADB but still It Doesn't Get Recognised.

I Even tried To Change The Recovery To TWRP By Going To Fastboot Mode (fastboot boot twrp.img) no results

Please Help Me I Just Need to Get the Hold of the data into Phone.

Thank You

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
View attachment 5275367View attachment 5275369View attachment 5275373
HELP ME OUT

Hey Dev, Please Help Me Figure It Out I Have Some Important Files In The Phone I Can't Loss

I Had Lineage OS 18.1 (20201213) Flashed On My Redmi Note 4 Via TWRP It Was working all Fine but 3 days Earlier
In System Setting I Got a New Update For March So I Downloaded It And It Went Into Lineage Recovery And I No Longer Can Access The File I Have downloaded Like TWRP,
So I Downloaded The Lastest April 8 Update On My PC to Sideload It As It Tells Me to Do In The 3rd Step of Apply Update (Pic Attached) but It Doesn't Recognise though I Have It Connected, For It to Connect Maybe The USB Debugging Must Be Turned On But I'm Not Sure If it's turned on or Not as it directly Went Into Recovery after the update, But In Recovery In Advance Option There Is A Option To Enable ADB but still It Doesn't Get Recognised.

I Even tried To Change The Recovery To TWRP By Going To Fastboot Mode (fastboot boot twrp.img) no results

Please Help Me I Just Need to Get the Hold of the data into Phone.

Thank You
This is not LineageOS build by Zeelog. Because
Edit: Noticed your using Dec 13 LoS ROM which is very old.

You have to flash Twrp using fastboot. Check Internet . Use proper drivers it works fine.

Fikar Haeril

Jul 28, 2016
Have you tried different chargers?
Stock battery inlet supports up to 1,5 A of charging, whch takes appr. 2,5 hours to fully charge.
If you use 500 mA, the time jumps to 6 hours.
What is the charging current voltage on your screen lock?
I deleted line in /vendor/etc/thermal-engine.conf

[BATTERY_CHARGING_STL]
algo_type monitor
sampling 5000
sensor xo-therm-adc
thresholds 40000 42000 44000 45000 46000
thresholds_clr 38000 40000 42000 44000 45000
actions battery battery battery battery battery
action_info 1 2 3 4 5

and rebooted my device and the charging was back to normal up to 1.7 A

ashishk87

• Apr 27, 2013
    Nashik
    www.webzwatch.com
    Hi,
    I'm on latest 8 April 2021 build. Observing following things in my phone when the screen is off.
    1. WhatsApp on my laptop showing phone not connected
    2. Play Store downloads stopped
    3. Some app notifications not receiving

And when I press the power button just to turn on the screen, WhatsApp on laptop connects, downloads resume and I receive all pending notifications.

Is the phone going in deep sleep, and disconnecting WiFi & mobile data when screen off?

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
    Banglore
    Hi,
    I'm on latest 8 April 2021 build. Observing following things in my phone when the screen is off.
    1. WhatsApp on my laptop showing phone not connected
    2. Play Store downloads stopped
    3. Some app notifications not receiving

And when I press the power button just to turn on the screen, WhatsApp on laptop connects, downloads resume and I receive all pending notifications.

Is the phone going in deep sleep, and disconnecting WiFi & mobile data when screen off?
    I have tested WhatsApp web ( to verify the issue) when my phone is off. Definitely didn't face the issue . Tested many times.
    Even playstore has no issues for me.
    All my apps notification comes without issues.

You need to give all info regarding kerenel mods etc. to fix it.

lovesharepc

Apr 13, 2021
    Hi every
    I have flash many ROM (piexl Extended 、piexl experience ... ),and there all have same problem
    my cellular network (4G) are very unstable
    when I ping google.com
    the package will got many error

I want to know
    is there my phone hardware have problem ?
    or every body have same problem ?

196.jpg

Per5on

Jan 2, 2021
    The in-call problems still persist.
    Initial setup sets the volume to a normal level and after a reboot the loudness comes back.
    Still unusable for me.

ashishk87

• Apr 27, 2013
    Nashik
    www.webzwatch.com
    I have tested WhatsApp web ( to verify the issue) when my phone is off. Definitely didn't face the issue . Tested many times.
    Even playstore has no issues for me.
    All my apps notification comes without issues.

You need to give all info regarding kerenel mods etc. to fix it.
    I don't have any mods or anything. Just the ROM and flamegapps basic. I don't even have root.
    Already have battery optimization disabled for WhatsApp. And I use WhatsApp app in my laptop, not WhatsApp web.
    Let me know if you need any more info.

About in-call volume. I have set the volume to lowest. But when I dial or receive a call, the volume level is loud like highest. If I increase it by one, I get the actual set volume level.
    But it's not a major issue for me. I can manage. Just wanted to share.

Other than this, the ROM is working very nice. Great work by zeelog and support by you! Thanks for keeping this old phone updated 👍🏼

zenon9

Jan 18, 2021
    Hello Guy's,

Big thank you 💗

Sometimes I have problems with call quality.
    One time can talk two hours and the quality is so good ! I can't believe and another time can't hear clear. Sometimes restart helps sometimes need to do two times.

And about battery, I can't se what's takes power in battery starus I can see only screen nothing eals. For example after 5 hours I see only 3 hours screen no more information about apps or anything.

Flashed from Lineages Os 16.1 to 17.1 and 18.1
    OrangeFox R11

Wiped everything clean flash
    No root, no gapps
    Vanilla plus FDroid

And question for all how is your battery life ?

Fazeli1992

Apr 8, 2021
    You are confusing nikgapps with flamegapps. With flamegapps basic the dialer is not replaced. With this ROM, flamegapps is recommended.

You can also flash full flamegapps and select what you want. Just download the txt file from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/flamegapps/files/arm64/gapps-config/

Place it in the same directory where you have the flamegapps zip file on your phone and edit it and replace the 1 with 0 to skip a component. The txt file must be in that same directory on your phone storage when flashing from orangefox. Note that by default the camera app is removed on flamegapps, be it basic or full variant, but there is also a setting on that file if you want to keep it.

Then if you already are in this ROM and just want to have flamegapps costumized or replace nikgapp, redownload the ROM zip file from GitHub (see first post) and put it on your phone, then go to orangefox and:
    - wipe system, caches and vendor (keep data intact, as you were already on this ROM)
    - flash the ROM zip file
    - flash the flamegapps zip file, full or basic (don't forget you must have that txt file on the same folder if you want to customize it, mandatory if you are flashing full flamegapps and want to keep stock dialer)
    - wipe caches again (won't hurt) and reboot to system at least once (everything should be okay)
    - if you need to flash magisk or other stuff, only do it after that reboot

This has worked fine for me everytime I wanted to change stuff in flamegapps without losing data or internal storage. But in doubt, make a backup from orangefox to SD card if you want to be extra safe.

And btw, thanks @zeelog and @anandsvm - with the new option I can now use the stock dialer to always record calls (even though there still is no option to manually record... but I know it's not your fault). You guys are awesome.
    yeah I confused nikgapps with flamegapps
    this problem was solved with clean flash and now call recording is working. thanks :)
    Screenshot_20210410-002149_Trebuchet.png

But the next problem is with deleting previous fingerprints
    When I delete them, they fade but are not removed
    and when I return to the fingerprint settings, they are still in the list.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210410-002149_Trebuchet.png
      Screenshot_20210410-002149_Trebuchet.png
      56.4 KB · Views: 16

Rigadelt

Jan 2, 2021
    yeah I confused nikgapps with flamegapps
    this problem was solved with clean flash and now call recording is working. thanks :)View attachment 5278515
    But the next problem is with deleting previous fingerprints
    When I delete them, they fade but are not removed
    and when I return to the fingerprint settings, they are still in the list.
    Rename fingerprint 1 and then remove it. Do the same with other fingerprints.

Reactions: Fazeli1992

ag43

Apr 28, 2008
    the last update works fine for me. auto call recording is a blessing.

i have a weird bug with this device (not rom related i think) - long sms messages seems to be sent but the recipient never gets them. short ones work fine.

anyone else has this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
      - Applock feature bug fixes
      - In-call volume setting fix

Download : Link

Gapps:
      Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.
      Lineage-18.1-20210417-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 17 April 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 17 April 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 17 April 2021
      - Update vendor security patch level
      - Update Display,Audio,IMS,BT,Media,GPS,WFD stacks
      - ViLTE: fixed camera icon stuck

Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps. Magisk and gapps retained.

* You may try MindGapps which is recommended LoS Dev Team(Works perfect)
      Link
      photo_2021-05-06_09-56-06.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - May security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 05 May 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 05 May 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 05 May 2021
      - Update blobs (Display,Media,Audio,GPS stacks)
      - Update CNE, DRM, Widevine & IMS ViLTE
      - Fix call recording distortion from previous builds
      - Add Blur support (Dev options)
      - Add long press back to kill app (Settings > System > Buttons > Back button)
      - Kernel: Add USB Game controllers support
      - Kernel: Update to 4.9.268
      - Add Livedisplay color calibration preview
      - Reduced default headphone gain **
      * dirty flash: activated by long press in audio ampflication settings
      * activated by default on clean flash
      - Translation & APN updates

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Flame Gapps May 03 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Preferred by LoS Team Link

It's normal. If your on call, all volumes are in tandem.
      Regarding the sot of 3- 4days. Highly absurd.
      96 hours of screen on in single charge find a phone for me. Even with Inverter connected to your phone.

I used get around 6 hours of sot in MiUi.

In LoS It is now 10 hours even though my battery is degraded .

The last update fixed auto Call record vocie distortion issue. Around 1500 download if this latest update. In telgram no issues .

Everyone getting best performance even after adding features.
      Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.
      12 HOURS SoT!!! How the hell do you manage to get that kind of SoT? Do you keep the brightness to zero or something? Even by doing that i dont know i can manage that. Please explain if you have done any kind of modifications.
      INTRODUCTION
      Untitled-Project(1).jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
      -None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
      CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD( May 05-2021)

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
      *It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
      *Back up all your data in PC
      *Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
      1. Clean flash recommended.
      2. Back Up Everything.
      3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
      4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
      5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
      6. Flash ROM
      7. Flash Gapps.
        (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
      To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
      1) Download the latest ROM
      2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
      3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
      4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
      OTA for ROM updates
      Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
      Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
      anandsvm, Zeelog
      ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r32
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
      photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - April security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
      - Audio fixes and improvements
      - Fix in-call volume
      - Fix call recording from previous build
      - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
      Lineage-18.1-20210227-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 27 February 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 27 February 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 27 February 2021
      - Launcher: add support for icon packs
      - Minor RIL blob update
      - Add Qcom DPM support
      - Add DPM fast dormancy
      - Add Qcom Mwqem feature
      - RIL: Enable Power save functionality

OTA Update Guide : Link

zlos pic.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210306-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - March security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 06 March 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 06 March 21
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 06 March 2021
      - Fixed poweroffalarm from previous release

Gapps : Link ( Flame Basic)

OTA More Info : Link

Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
      - Applock feature bug fixes
      - In-call volume setting fix

Gapps:
      Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone