[OTA-May 05 2021][4.9][ Fully Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
Yes, I already tried adjust the microphone gain through the Audio Amplification setting, it didn't fix it. I also tried the Mic Fix Magisk Module you suggested but the problem persists.
The problem I encounter doesn't occur with the internal microphone but only happens when I use external microphone connected to the 3.5mm jack. My assumption is that the Automatic Gain Control is mafluctioning or something like that, cause these gain fluctuations. Is it possible that the custom ROM is at fault or perhaps Android 11? Unfortunately, I have no experience with the previous LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10).
If you go back few pages on this thread, i have mentioned this same issue and its not fixed until now. Apparently no one cares much about this issue so no fix. I have even posted this on the official telegram channel. I have gone back to LoS 17.1 and i can record clean audio. There is no issue of auto gain on Gcam which i was facing while using this ROM. I think its related to kernel coz if it was about few changes in mixerpath or some other files, it could have been easily fixed. Its present on all A11 roms.

lakshmish

Oct 14, 2015
@youtuber2021, @lakshmish - did you have that issue also on stock/older Androids?

I wonder whether it's not ROM issue but... Note 4X. Maybe these microphones have too big electrical impedance and Note 4X is too weak preamplifier for them?
No! I dont know much about the technicalities of this issue but i didn't face this behaviour while using older roms. On 16.1 LoS i was using a magisk module i remember but now in 17.1 its working OOTB.

youtuber2021

May 2, 2021
@youtuber2021, @lakshmish - did you have that issue also on stock/older Androids?

I wonder whether it's not ROM issue but... Note 4X. Maybe these microphones have too big electrical impedance and Note 4X is too weak preamplifier for them?
I didn't use external microphone until a few weeks ago, so I have no experience regarding older versions of Android.
I also tried if this issue appeared on a simple headset mic (headphones with mic) and it did, so it happens with microphones but also headphones' mic, so it has to be an issue about ANYTHING connected to the 3.5mm jack that has its gain automatically lowered (Auto Gain Control).

So what, should I try going to an older custom ROM? Should I report this bug as well?

Last edited:

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
I just checked voice recording with that app. I was speaking in a lower, normal and loud voice using my micrphone on my headset (HyperX Cloud II). I didn't encounter any volume drops during recording. Maybe this mic has some weird hardware-based audio normalization?

I tried to use "Droidcam OBS" like you hovewer it needs PC app (I don't use it).

youtuber2021

May 2, 2021
I just checked voice recording with that app. I was speaking in a lower, normal and loud voice using my micrphone on my headset (HyperX Cloud II). I didn't encounter any volume drops during recording. Maybe this mic has some weird hardware-based audio normalization?

I tried to use "Droidcam OBS" like you hovewer it needs PC app (I don't use it).
thanks for all your trouble to reproduce my issue. As I said I also tried using different microphone (Apple Earpods 3.5mm) and this issue persisted. My microphone Boya M1 Pro doesnt have this issue when connected to PC. Perhaps its a custom ROM bug or Android version bug or a hardware issue. I'll try a custom ROM based on older Android version and post my findings.

Reactions: Atexor

youtuber2021

May 2, 2021
I flashed Pixel Experience Plus 10 (Android 10) because I couldn't find LOS based on Android 10 and the same issue occured. Perhaps it's a Redmi Note 4 bug with Automatic Gain Control with any external microphone connected to 3.5mm jack.
I Hope it could get fixed in LOS 18.1 by zeelog (perhaps by adding a setting that disableds Automatic Gain Control)??

enigmedark

Nov 24, 2015
Hi, anyone can help me?
I try this ROM recently but I see that d2tw don't work on my device even with option activated on settings.

This is a ROM problem or is something about my device. I change a broken screen, that can be the problem?

Edit: D2tw work good on orange fox recovery.

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES
Hi, anyone can help me?
I try this ROM recently but I see that d2tw don't work on my device even with option activated on settings.

This is a ROM problem or is something about my device. I change a broken screen, that can be the problem?

Edit: D2tw work good on orange fox recovery.
I just enabled this today and it works absolutely fine with the original LCD.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
photo_2021-05-06_09-56-06.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
- May security patch
- Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 05 May 2021
- Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 05 May 2021
- Merged latest CAF tags as of 05 May 2021
- Update blobs (Display,Media,Audio,GPS stacks)
- Update CNE, DRM, Widevine & IMS ViLTE
- Fix call recording distortion from previous builds
- Add Blur support (Dev options)
- Add long press back to kill app (Settings > System > Buttons > Back button)
- Kernel: Add USB Game controllers support
- Kernel: Update to 4.9.268
- Add Livedisplay color calibration preview
- Reduced default headphone gain **
* dirty flash: activated by long press in audio ampflication settings
* activated by default on clean flash
- Translation & APN updates

Download : Link

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Flame Gapps May 03 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Preferred by LoS Team Link

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

morfeusz1805

May 4, 2021
Thanks. How is the official version different from the unofficial one in everyday use? Are other people making unofficial rom, different ideas? I understand that the unofficial rom version may be less polished, so official producers do not subscribe to it?

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Thanks. How is the official version different from the unofficial one in everyday use? Are other people making unofficial rom, different ideas? I understand that the unofficial rom version may be less polished, so official producers do not subscribe to it?

The unofficial ROM is close to Official LoS + Optimizations for old phone + Extra Features without compromising Performance and Security.

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
Hello, @anandsvm - could you tell Zeelog to take a look at that "issue"?

Also I found new bug in latest version:

For me, "Headphone gain" changes not only volume on connected headpones but also on speaker during call.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Hello, @anandsvm - could you tell Zeelog to take a look at that "issue"?

Also I found new bug in latest version:

For me, "Headphone gain" changes not only volume on connected headpones but also on speaker during call.
It's normal. If your on call, all volumes are in tandem.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Regarding the sot of 3- 4days. Highly absurd.
96 hours of screen on in single charge find a phone for me. Even with Inverter connected to your phone.

I used get around 6 hours of sot in MiUi.

In LoS It is now 10 hours even though my battery is degraded .

The last update fixed auto Call record vocie distortion issue. Around 1500 download if this latest update. In telgram no issues .

Everyone getting best performance even after adding features.

Reactions: Atexor and patroj

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
Poland
96 hours of screen on in single charge find a phone for me. Even with Inverter connected to your phone.

Please take a look at my earlier post.
Before my SoT was about +-5.5h Now approximately +-4h.

By "96 hours" I meant in overall working phone with idle time with screen OFF too. Now, no matter if I use phone or not I need to charge it every one-two days. Before it was ~3-4. I didn't mean SoT=96h which is unfortunately impossible :)

I wonder about your 10h SoT and what thing is wakelocking my phone. Bluetooth on all the time (for mi band)? That's why I provided screens from BetterBatteryStats app in that post. Maybe it could help?

My battery is not so degraded, ~80% of the original capacity remains.

And about speaker volume:
I didn't know about that, I though there is no controll for speaker volume.
With new default value=-10 I hardly heard the interlocutor and I haven't any problems with deafness (yet). That's why I thought it's bug (?) and wanted to report it.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Please take a look at my earlier post.

By "96 hours" I meant in overall working phone with idle time with screen OFF too. Now, no matter if I use phone or not I need to charge it every one-two days. Before it was ~3-4. I didn't mean SoT=96h which is unfortunately impossible :)

I wonder about your 10h SoT and what thing is wakelocking my phone. Bluetooth on all the time (for mi band)? That's why I provided screens from BetterBatteryStats app in that post. Maybe it could help?

My battery is not so degraded, ~80% of the original capacity remains.

And about speaker volume:

I didn't know about that, I though there is no controll for speaker volume.
With new default value=-10 I hardly heard the interlocutor and I haven't any problems with deafness (yet). That's why I thought it's bug (?) and wanted to report it.

Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.

Top Liked Posts

I used get around 6 hours of sot in MiUi.

In LoS It is now 10 hours even though my battery is degraded .

The last update fixed auto Call record vocie distortion issue. Around 1500 download if this latest update. In telgram no issues .

Everyone getting best performance even after adding features.
    Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.
    12 HOURS SoT!!! How the hell do you manage to get that kind of SoT? Do you keep the brightness to zero or something? Even by doing that i dont know i can manage that. Please explain if you have done any kind of modifications.
    photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - April security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
    - Audio fixes and improvements
    - Fix in-call volume
    - Fix call recording from previous build
    - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
    Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
    - Applock feature bug fixes
    - In-call volume setting fix

Gapps:
    Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.
    Lineage-18.1-20210417-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 17 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 17 April 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 17 April 2021
    - Update vendor security patch level
    - Update Display,Audio,IMS,BT,Media,GPS,WFD stacks
    - ViLTE: fixed camera icon stuck

Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps. Magisk and gapps retained.

* You may try MindGapps which is recommended LoS Dev Team(Works perfect)
    Link
    photo_2021-05-06_09-56-06.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - May security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 05 May 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 05 May 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 05 May 2021
    - Update blobs (Display,Media,Audio,GPS stacks)
    - Update CNE, DRM, Widevine & IMS ViLTE
    - Fix call recording distortion from previous builds
    - Add Blur support (Dev options)
    - Add long press back to kill app (Settings > System > Buttons > Back button)
    - Kernel: Add USB Game controllers support
    - Kernel: Update to 4.9.268
    - Add Livedisplay color calibration preview
    - Translation & APN updates

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Flame Gapps May 03 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Preferred by LoS Team Link

Thanks for your efforts
    I have been using this ROM for daily work for about a month, and with April 08 update the problem of call volume was also solved. But I did not understand how to use call recording in the last update you released. Do I have to enable the option? I did not see any icon while calling. can you guide me?

Screenshot_20210409-040128_Trebuchet.png

Go to Dailer -Settings -Enable this.
    INTRODUCTION
    Untitled-Project(1).jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
    -None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
    CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD( May 05-2021)

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
    *It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
    *Back up all your data in PC
    *Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
    1. Clean flash recommended.
    2. Back Up Everything.
    3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
    4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
    5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
    6. Flash ROM
    7. Flash Gapps.
      (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
    To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
    1) Download the latest ROM
    2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
    3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
    4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
    OTA for ROM updates
    Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
    Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    anandsvm, Zeelog
    ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r32
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
    photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - April security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
    - Audio fixes and improvements
    - Fix in-call volume
    - Fix call recording from previous build
    - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
    Lineage-18.1-20210227-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 27 February 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 27 February 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 27 February 2021
    - Launcher: add support for icon packs
    - Minor RIL blob update
    - Add Qcom DPM support
    - Add DPM fast dormancy
    - Add Qcom Mwqem feature
    - RIL: Enable Power save functionality

OTA Update Guide : Link

zlos pic.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210306-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - March security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 06 March 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 06 March 21
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 06 March 2021
    - Fixed poweroffalarm from previous release

Gapps : Link ( Flame Basic)

OTA More Info : Link

Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
    - Applock feature bug fixes
    - In-call volume setting fix

Gapps:
    Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone