[OTA-May 15 2021][4.9][ Fully Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
I am using this ROM and everything works well so far. I have an LTE service where I only have a micro-SIM so I put it into SIM slot 2, without anything in slot 1 and I don't seem to be able to get any data on it. I do get the signal triangle, but no "LTE" indicator to the left of it or anything like that.

If I put the SIM into a micro->mini adaptor and put it into SIM slot 1, I do get LTE data complete with the "LTE" indicator to the left.

Is the SIM slot 2 unable to get data?
Some ss will help to resolve it quickly.

Ariel Kusnoto

Sep 26, 2018
Dear developer, what is the normal screen-on time for this ROM? I've tried calibrating the battery repeatedly but my SOT hovers around 5.5hrs with moderate usage. Is this the normal mileage? Thanks.

S!mPS

May 1, 2015
Sumgait
Hello magisk hide app function work on LOS 17.1, but not working on LOS 18.1. I tried several magisk versions no one is working. This function need "Install from USB" to be activated in developer mode, but there is no swipe menu in the LOS 18.1

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
- Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
- Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
- Applock feature bug fixes
- In-call volume setting fix

Download : Link

Gapps:
Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.

lovesharepc

Apr 13, 2021
I solve this problem
when flash back to stock rom
the cellular network (4G) is work fine

so I google findout that is APN config problem
I reference this site https://www.apnsettings.org/taiwan/chunghwa-telecom-apn-settings/
to config APN
now my cellular network (4G) is working good

Hi every
I have flash many ROM (piexl Extended 、piexl experience ... ),and there all have same problem
my cellular network (4G) are very unstable
when I ping google.com
the package will got many error

I want to know
is there my phone hardware have problem ?
or every body have same problem ?

View attachment 5277601

TigTex

• Nov 28, 2012
    Lisbon
    Btw, just updating about my issues with this rom.

This rom has a different audio quality because "dirac sound" is not enabled by default, so the speaker lacks any bass.
    About my wifi, looks like there's something that needs a tweak on the wireless stack. The really low speeds with 100% wifi signal only happens in 2.4ghz and if you have bluetooth enabled and active (for example, using a mi band). Doesn't matter if it's channel 1, 6 or 11, and 20mhz or 40mhz channels. Disabing bluetooth increases my wifi speed from 4mbps (and jitter above 200ms) to a solid 95mbps on 2.4ghz. 5ghz is not affected. LOS 17.1 is also not affected by this.
    LOS 17.1 also has a better battery life and performance on my day to day usage so I'll keep it for now.
    But 18.1 it's getting there! Keep on the good work

Lu5ck

Dec 18, 2013
    Updated to 23-apr version
    Updated to niki gapp 23-apr version
    Installed magisk

Yes, still using niki because too lazy to clean flash another
    Remember I said root vanced YouTube not working a few months ago? It is working now, hurray

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
    Poland
    Test the latest update. All the blobs BT, Wifi, IMS, Display etc are updated. I usually get around 10 hours of SoT with my Old battery.

Try with latest Mind Gapps link given below . Use for few days and check the battery stats and give the results. We should find the sol.

Hello,
    I tested ROM in last days. Unfortunately SoT is still poor, even with Mind Gapps. When I don't use my phone so often I need to change it every second day (before it was 3-4 days).

I have disabled WiFi/BT scanning, but I've bluetooth always ON (for mi band 4). I always install backups with my preferences for Mi applications so I didn't change anything that may cause more wakelocks.

Mobile data signal is good, modem (firmware) is latest but I even tried to reflash it. I blocked notifications for facebook/messenger etc. so don't work in the background.

Also I changed in Developers Options -> Standby apps many apps state from "ACTIVE" or "WORKING SET" to "RARE".

As I said before:
    I checked my real battery capacity and it's 3350 mAh with plugged battery capacity meter. When I bought it one year ago, battery had 3600 mAh. Loosing 250mAh (7%) does not explain, why my phone works shorter on the battery by ~37.5%.

So it's rather not battery fault. Here are some screens (edit: link in code because xda inserts huge screens here)
    Code:
    https://imgur.com/a/pgopHmU

I am wondered that my phone quite long isn't sleep. It lasts too loo long to my mind:
    1619778325463.png

Do you have any idea what's wrong?

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
    Poland
    FWIW, I have the same problem with 17.1-20201027-UNOFFICIAL-3.18: the battery is draining fast (even when I don't use the phone at all), but the battery settings shows no app consuming it.

17.1? It's quite old build, but interesting fact is that you're on 3.18 kernel and I on 4.9 - so that issue is rather not related of kernel version.

Do you have Mi Band (bluetooth always ON), Mi Notify, Mi Fit?

lipippo

Apr 12, 2016
    I have a Mi Band, but the problem started before I had it. Maybe it's just the battery ageing, but what bugs me is that I cannot see what's using the battery (i.e. what I see in the battery stats only accounts ~5% of the consumption, what's using the remaining 95%?).

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
    Poland
    I have a Mi Band, but the problem started before I had it. Maybe it's just the battery ageing, but what bugs me is that I cannot see what's using the battery (i.e. what I see in the battery stats only accounts ~5% of the consumption, what's using the remaining 95%?).

Try to use BetterBatteryStats, download link here, to my mind it's hard to find on thread and you may download older, 2.4 version from second post. It'll work in the background (battery consumption close to 0%) and counts all wakelocks, cpu states etc.

Maybe it'll show you what causes that. For me... unkown.

edit: Forgot to mention - latest working version for me is 2.5-358. In case of error to monitor stats (lack of permissions) even if it is set, you need to disable it and enable again.

Last edited:

youtuber2021

May 2, 2021
    Hello. I'm running LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL 23.04.2021 (by zeelog)
    I've bought a new lavalier microphone to use with my Redmi Note 4 (mido),specifically Boya BY-M1 Pro and the Droidcam OBS app. The first time I used it everything was great. However, a few days later I experienced issues with it. When I speak/sing loudly (around -10 dB), recording volume (gain) drops to -20dB and after a few seconds it rises again back at the whatever volume level I'm speaking/singing.
    I tested the same scenario with my phone's recording app to see if Droidcam was at fault, but the recording app also had this issue.
    I am sure that the microphone isn't at fault since it works as expected when connected to my computer or my iPhone., so either the Redmi Note 4 is at fault or the custom ROM I'm using.
    I tried switching to another ROM if this was at fault. Unfortunately, I tried Pixel Experience Plus 11 but this issue persisted.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find any setting concerning the microphone, specifically microphones/headsets connected via 3.5mm jack.
    I suppose that this bug has to do with somekind of auto-gain control.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Atexor

Jun 28, 2014
    Poland
    Hello. I'm running LineageOS 18.1 UNOFFICIAL 23.04.2021 (by zeelog)
    I've bought a new lavalier microphone to use with my Redmi Note 4 (mido),specifically Boya BY-M1 Pro and the Droidcam OBS app. The first time I used it everything was great. However, a few days later I experienced issues with it. When I speak/sing loudly (around -10 dB), recording volume (gain) drops to -20dB and after a few seconds it rises again back at the whatever volume level I'm speaking/singing.
    I tested the same scenario with my phone's recording app to see if Droidcam was at fault, but the recording app also had this issue.
    I am sure that the microphone isn't at fault since it works as expected when connected to my computer or my iPhone., so either the Redmi Note 4 is at fault or the custom ROM I'm using.
    I tried switching to another ROM if this was at fault. Unfortunately, I tried Pixel Experience Plus 11 but this issue persisted.
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find any setting concerning the microphone, specifically microphones/headsets connected via 3.5mm jack.
    I suppose that this bug has to do with somekind of auto-gain control.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Did you try to change microphone gain there?
    Settings -> Sound -> (on the bottom) Advanced -> Audio Amplification.

Or this - Mic Fix Magisk Module?
    Download here.

youtuber2021

May 2, 2021
    Did you try to change microphone gain there?
    Settings -> Sound -> (on the bottom) Advanced -> Audio Amplification.

Or this - Mic Fix Magisk Module?
    Download here.
    Yes, I already tried adjust the microphone gain through the Audio Amplification setting, it didn't fix it. I also tried the Mic Fix Magisk Module you suggested but the problem persists.
    The problem I encounter doesn't occur with the internal microphone but only happens when I use external microphone connected to the 3.5mm jack. My assumption is that the Automatic Gain Control is mafluctioning or something like that, cause these gain fluctuations. Is it possible that the custom ROM is at fault or perhaps Android 11? Unfortunately, I have no experience with the previous LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10).

Top Liked Posts

Thanks for adding the three finger swipe screenshot, I was missing that from previous roms =)

I did a clean installation of the may 15 version, this is the battery life I got on a single charge. Bluetooth on and a miband connected the whole time, gps on (Not really used that much tho), sync...

Balanced preset from the battery options from 100-25% and then battery saver from 25% to 1%

Yes, I used the phone waaaay too much 😐

Changelog:

Gapps:

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.
      photo_2021-05-06_09-56-06.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210505-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - May security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 05 May 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 05 May 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 05 May 2021
      - Update blobs (Display,Media,Audio,GPS stacks)
      - Update CNE, DRM, Widevine & IMS ViLTE
      - Fix call recording distortion from previous builds
      - Add Blur support (Dev options)
      - Add long press back to kill app (Settings > System > Buttons > Back button)
      - Kernel: Add USB Game controllers support
      - Kernel: Update to 4.9.268
      - Add Livedisplay color calibration preview
      - Reduced default headphone gain **
      * dirty flash: activated by long press in audio ampflication settings
      * activated by default on clean flash
      - Translation & APN updates

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Flame Gapps May 03 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Preferred by LoS Team Link

photo_2021-05-15_21-21-05.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210515-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 15 May 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 15 May 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 15 May 2021
      - Add three finger swipe gesture for screenshot
      - Add Dirac backend
      - Add support for one shot auto-brightness

Gapps: OTA Works perfect with Flame and Mind Gapps

Now 80% by some software? Nothing can determine the actual capacity of battery. It's Chemical reaction not some code . So 80% is highly questionable.

Increase -10 to 0 if you want no body stopped. Now I get 12 hours sot in this ROM. In MIUI app 8 hours. So my tests and other users results say. 1.5 times battery life.
      12 HOURS SoT!!! How the hell do you manage to get that kind of SoT? Do you keep the brightness to zero or something? Even by doing that i dont know i can manage that. Please explain if you have done any kind of modifications.
      It's normal. If your on call, all volumes are in tandem.
      Regarding the sot of 3- 4days. Highly absurd.
      96 hours of screen on in single charge find a phone for me. Even with Inverter connected to your phone.

I used get around 6 hours of sot in MiUi.

In LoS It is now 10 hours even though my battery is degraded .

The last update fixed auto Call record vocie distortion issue. Around 1500 download if this latest update. In telgram no issues .

Everyone getting best performance even after adding features.
      INTRODUCTION
      Untitled-Project(1).jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
      -None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
      CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD( May 05-2021)

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
      *It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
      *Back up all your data in PC
      *Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
      1. Clean flash recommended.
      2. Back Up Everything.
      3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
      4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
      5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
      6. Flash ROM
      7. Flash Gapps.
        (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
      To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
      1) Download the latest ROM
      2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
      3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
      4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
      OTA for ROM updates
      Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
      Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
      LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
      anandsvm, Zeelog
      ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r32
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
      ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
      photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - April security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
      - Audio fixes and improvements
      - Fix in-call volume
      - Fix call recording from previous build
      - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
      Lineage-18.1-20210227-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 27 February 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 27 February 2021
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 27 February 2021
      - Launcher: add support for icon packs
      - Minor RIL blob update
      - Add Qcom DPM support
      - Add DPM fast dormancy
      - Add Qcom Mwqem feature
      - RIL: Enable Power save functionality

OTA Update Guide : Link

zlos pic.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210306-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
      - March security patch
      - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 06 March 2021
      - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 06 March 21
      - Merged latest CAF tags as of 06 March 2021
      - Fixed poweroffalarm from previous release

Gapps : Link ( Flame Basic)

OTA More Info : Link

Changelog:

Gapps:

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone