[Aug 31 2022]Biggest Update is here[4.9][ Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 12.1] LineageOS 19.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

appman1234

Jun 5, 2012
File transfer to pc (windows 10) doesn't work with android 11 based rom (Only sounds when connect usb cable to pc and click on file tranfer option in usb preference in phone but Device doesn't show in windows file explorer). When I select file transfer in usb preference. It doesn't work, but other option in usb preference like ptp, usb tethering, charging work.
I reverted back to android 10 and checked, it again worked. Then I again flashed this Rom but file transfer with usb doesn't work.
I think it is a problem or bug with android 11.
It any guy has it's solution or anyone's file transfer option working with usb, plz tell.
No problem here (on file transfer).

sanctitude888

Jun 2, 2015
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
LG V30
File transfer to pc (windows 10) doesn't work with android 11 based rom (Only sounds when connect usb cable to pc and click on file tranfer option in usb preference in phone but Device doesn't show in windows file explorer). When I select file transfer in usb preference. It doesn't work, but other option in usb preference like ptp, usb tethering, charging work.
I reverted back to android 10 and checked, it again worked. Then I again flashed this Rom but file transfer with usb doesn't work.
I think it is a problem or bug with android 11.
It any guy has it's solution or anyone's file transfer option working with usb, plz tell.
I have no problem whatsoever with file transfer. As a matter of fact I use the phone to enjoy music and movies so a lot of (large) file transfer goin' on without problems. Issue like this has to do with driver or the data cable, imho. I have minimal adb installed which pretty much take care of the driver, android all in one tool in other xda forum has that specific option.

Reactions: mahadev111

TechNoMatic

Feb 8, 2021
GPS receiving sensitivity in latest LOS is very bad.
Works fine for me, can you describe your experience? Are you using Gapps? If so then which one? I think you may have an issue with Gapps because ROM is perfectly stable and all features working without any problem

@Magusxd I got a battery replacement (around $6) and it's working perfectly fine, not much drain. Though not as good as the original but still gets the work done for me. The only issue I can notice it is that the battery percentage does not go to 100% but it stops at ~96%. Though it takes up to an hour to go from 96% to 95% so I think that battery reaches it's full capacity but does not reflect it. Thoughts on this?

PS: Thanks for telling me about the battery replacement, I was convinced it was either A11 fault or ROM problem XD

baibradar

Jan 14, 2021
After 30 min. in open and clear sky. No GAPS instaled.

Attachments

• gps test.jpg
    gps test.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 54

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Works fine for me, can you describe your experience? Are you using Gapps? If so then which one? I think you may have an issue with Gapps because ROM is perfectly stable and all features working without any problem

@Magusxd I got a battery replacement (around $6) and it's working perfectly fine, not much drain. Though not as good as the original but still gets the work done for me. The only issue I can notice it is that the battery percentage does not go to 100% but it stops at ~96%. Though it takes up to an hour to go from 96% to 95% so I think that battery reaches it's full capacity but does not reflect it. Thoughts on this?

PS: Thanks for telling me about the battery replacement, I was convinced it was either A11 fault or ROM problem XD
Usually non original battery percentage off the charts. But they work fine and gives good battery backup

zip1989

Feb 1, 2013
Ammersbek (Schleswig-Holstein)
FIX FOR NO GPS. (no compass steel 3d, no gps locker, no gps.config etc.)

I am asking this question after I already found a solution so that I can share it with the public. It took me 3 long months of research!

If you haven’t done the usual fix, e.g. clear cache, user data, uninstall, reboot, reinstall, as well as make sure the Location service is turned on, do that first. If you have done that like me, but the problem persists, then read on.

The reason a GPS test app can get a GPS fix while Google Maps fails is because a GPS test app has direct access to the hardware. However, this is NOT how Google Maps works! Google Maps gets the GPS coordinates from Google Play Services. Thus, if the location service of your Google Play Services is not configured to operate whenever needed, it would be a problem.

For example, in my case, it was configured to “Allow only while using the app”. Now, if I am running Google Maps in the foreground, obviously I am not running Google Play Services in the foreground concurrently. As a result, the latter is not supplying the location service to Google Maps!

I don’t know why my Google Play Services’ location got set to “Allow only while using the app”. If I have to guess, it’s because of a bug in MindTheGapps. GApps does not support Android 11 yet as of June 2021. If you are on LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11), it recommends MindTheGapps as an alternative.

Now we know the reason, but how do we fix it? Here is one solution.

Download App Ops - Permission Manager from the Play Store

Fire up App Ops and install the Shizuku app when asked

Open Shizuku and then start the service

Open App Ops again. If asked “Allow App Ops to access Shizuku?”, click “Allow all the time”

Find Google Play Services under App Ops

Under Google Play Services, find Location and then Coarse location

If it is set to “Allow only while using the app”, change it to “Allow”

Credit goes to the genius who posted it on XDA-Developers,

*Edit
The main issue is that COARSE LOCATION is set to Not Set by default and must be allowed.
No function without root?

Last edited:
Reactions: baibradar

martinknl

Mar 22, 2016
Amsterdam
Use performance profile and check
Unfortunately it doesn't work, there's playback issue with other apps as well like hotstar, prime video.
I also encountered the same issue a couple of months (June 15) ago. The strange thing is that within one program some channels play without issue while others stutter. So looks like a codec issue. But I tried to check for high cpu performance but could not find any correlation.

Last edited:

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
No function without root?
Use magisk, it needs for admin privileges (root) to having complete control over the device.
You can fix gps and verification device at play store, settings/about/Play Protect with AppOps and LSposed by Shizuku and XPrivacyLUA.
My only problem is that vibration is not working, i searched about it and found that the problem is by kernel. @anandsvm said in july update that vibration requires stock kernel to work, but is incompatible for this rom.

Edit: flash stock recovery doesnt fix vibration.

Last edited:
Reactions: zip1989

zip1989

Feb 1, 2013
Ammersbek (Schleswig-Holstein)
Use magisk, it needs for admin privileges (root) to having complete control over the device.
You can fix gps and verification device at play store, settings/about/Play Protect with AppOps and LSposed by Shizuku and XPrivacyLUA.
My only problem is that vibration is not working, i searched about it and found that the problem is by kernel. @anandsvm said in july update that vibration requires stock kernel to work, but is incompatible for this rom.
The setting is already set to "always".

With such problems, I ask myself, why am I still using Android and not iOS at all?

Last edited:

d4rkmidian

Jul 4, 2013
Under Google Play Services, find Location and then Coarse location

If it is set to “Allow only while using the app”, change it to “Allow”

I am at this step. The setting is already on "allow".
I use OpenGapps for all roms. COARSE LOCATION was Not Set then i changed it to Allow. Enable GPS and Wifi or Data to pin point your location. Without connection you need to download offline maps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211028-223508_App_Ops.png
    Screenshot_20211028-223508_App_Ops.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: zip1989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner_6.png

INTRODUCTION

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 12.1 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
    -None -

SELinux Status Enforcing.
    CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
    Link

Dev Profile : Link

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 19.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    anandsvm, Zeelog
    ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.0_r2
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2022-03-28

Created 2020-11-04
    banner_6.png

Lineage-19.1-Android 12.1 - 20220328-UNOFFICIAL mido- Vanilla- : Zeelog

Gapps : Use Mindgapps only, Because right now its updated for 12.1-Link

Changelog:
    March security patch
    - LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1)
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 28 March 2022
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 28 March 2022
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 28 March 2022
    - Add option to disable QS on lockscreen - Fixed auto brightness toggle from previous release

Download: Link

Los group : Link

Note :
    *All the source side features are fixed now. Encryption dont try it .
    * Clean flash recommended.
    photo_2022-02-19_22-57-48.jpg

Lineage-19.0-20220219-UNOFFICIAL-mido- Vanilla- Pre release : Zeelog

Changelog:
    - Initial release

Download: Link

Gapps : Use Flame or Bit Gapps Latest

Note :
    Clean flash with Data wipe recommended , Tested this ROM 45 days no app crash, lags, Report to app dev if any issues. Vilte not working.

Audiofx and Monet theming WIP.

Dual SIM data is fixed.

Report Gapps issues to Gapps Dev.
    Android 12 is coming. We are testing the early builds.
    Most of the bugs are fixed now.
    Some minor issues left is
    Gesture, Button short cuts and LTE in second SIM slot.
    The minor issues is because of LoS Developer team is slow off the blocks ( they have personal life too) regarding Android 12.
    Rest assured our great Developer Zeelog is working hard to bring Android 12 to mido with full stability and performance.

(P.S Android 12 Runs great with Mido in early Test Builds)
    IMG-20211014-WA0011.jpg

Guys good news Android 12 is coming for mido. Most of the features working. No major issues in early test build.
    Will be released once source is stable.