[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet 2.0 (LTE-US) 5.0 ZIP

Search This thread

epedrosa

Sep 9, 2010
Toa Alta
I can't believe is that easy, I'm super happy and I will be testing it once I load it in to the SM Card.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

I found the following information on the Nvidia developer site :
(https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/...eld/SHIELD_tab/HowTo-Flash-Recovery-Image.txt)

SHIELD TABLET RECOVERY IMAGE FLASHING INSTRUCTIONS

To follow the instructions in this guide, you will need adb and fastboot.
These tools are provided as part of the Android SDK:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Before flashing this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, connect your SHIELD TABLET
via USB to the PC where you downloaded this recovery image.

Next, put your SHIELD TABLET into fastboot mode using one of the following methods:
SW method:
- Boot to android home screen
- Connect the device to linux/windows system
- Open terminal (on linux); command prompt (on windows).
- Type "adb reboot bootloader" in terminal/command prompt

HW method:
- Turn off the device
- Press "Volume Down" -> "Power", hold "Volume Down" and leave Power buttons till device boots

To flash this recovery image to your SHIELD TABLET, run the following commands from
the directory where you extracted the recovery image package. If this is the
first time you have done this procedure, you must unlock the bootloader (see
below):

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash staging blob
fastboot flash dtb tegra124-tn8-p1761-1270-a04-e-battery.dtb

Unlocking the Bootloader
Your SHIELD TABLET may have shipped with a locked bootloader. To update the device,
you must unlock the bootloader using the following:
- fastboot oem unlock
- Press the "Volume Down" button to select "Unlock bootloader" option on device
- Press the "Power" button to confirm the unlock. Your device's bootloader is now unlocked.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

For some reason I can't get it to boot into the bootloader by pressing the power and volume down. It just boots up and shuts down, how long should I wait until I let go?

Somebody knows if this process is good to revert back to 4.4.2 with the factory image from Nvidia?

Snah001

Jun 3, 2006
Netherlands
Is anyone experiencing intermediate lockups and freezes? Make it unusable for a few minutes. And battery life is crap. I pulled the sim to disable lte and as many battery saving tricksnas i could and i lose about 10% every ten minites just using chrome browsing the internet. This was a brand new sheild using this lollipop rom

Well I think you are quite alone with this experience since my LTE version runs flawless on 5.0 with all well as Wi-Fi as LTE active.
Did only a factory reset after update and since then it just runs fine with improved battery life that is 8 to 10 hours no gaming though.

Sent from my Nvidea Shield 32Gb Lte

tyrnight

Jan 4, 2009
Orlando, FL
Well I think you are quite alone with this experience since my LTE version runs flawless on 5.0 with all well as Wi-Fi as LTE active.
Did only a factory reset after update and since then it just runs fine with improved battery life that is 8 to 10 hours no gaming though.

Sent from my Nvidea Shield 32Gb Lte

I found another thread that parallels everything I'm going though. And there does seem to be a memory leak issue with Lollipop.

Also, the official Lolipop for the LTE device has been released and I went ahead and downgraded back to 4.4.4 and let it update itself, so far it's been ok, minus the battery drain issue. I'm gonna test it some more

theburnination

Nov 25, 2014
can anyone share the right APN settings for the Shield Tablet? Mine is currently set to "broadband" with a name of "ATT Broadband". It I try other APNs, it basically says it is not available for this device!

Everything else on the page is not set except the 310/410 ports.

This is for stock ATT 4G LTE data.

Thanks for any help,
Eric

will824

Jul 25, 2012
I found another thread that parallels everything I'm going though. And there does seem to be a memory leak issue with Lollipop.

Also, the official Lolipop for the LTE device has been released and I went ahead and downgraded back to 4.4.4 and let it update itself, so far it's been ok, minus the battery drain issue. I'm gonna test it some more

Could you confirm if the data in "About tablet" in system settings is the same for the Unofficial ROM and the New Released one?. Thanks!

PS: This is the info from the unofficial OTA:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1PjOeTrIWGETGtPM21qOWRza28/view?usp=sharing

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone