• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OTA-Oct 07 2021][4.9][ Fully Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

DonLiborio

Sep 19, 2021
es
120FPS !!! I don't think this old device can handle such pressure .
In fact it did! And it did 4K (and still does with this ROM), very impressive for the age of the phone.

I have video I recorded at 720p and 120 fps with LineageOS 17 with this phone.

EDIT: here's some random video (not mine) recorded with a Redmi Note 4 @120fps.

Last edited:
Reactions: barbe31

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
Its Google issues in Android 11. Rather i say Google fixed it because they considered as security flaw. this will in Every Android ROM and device.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Meanwhile with another co-worker that has another phone with android one 11 we found out he had the same issue and were able to find a workaround for this enterprise connection.

Basically you have to configure the connection *before* installing the CA certificate (in our case it's a peap with machapv2), and the domain part is important (example: if the server certificate is radius.mycompany.com, you must fill that field as mycompany.com, or else it will never succeed), and leave the CA certificate option as "use system certificates". Also fill username and password, and every other parameter except the CA as per the sysadmin instructions. After saving, it will fail but that is to be expected at this point. Then you must turn off wifi, because vanilla android 11 has a bug where it will erase the CA otherwise, and only then import the CA in encryption settings as a wifi CA. After that, still with wifi off, go to the saved connections, click on the connection, edit it (pencil icon on top right) and change the CA certificate option to match your company's CA that you just imported. Only then turn on wifi and it should work. We tested this with success with this ROM (latest update) and Android one 11. This just proves google messed up and android 11 has a bug on this part, but at least I hope this workaround helps someone also affected to overcome it.

The best part is that I can still continue to use this great ROM, thank you Zeelog and @anandsvm for your work and time.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
Glad you have found a workgro

Meanwhile with another co-worker that has another phone with android one 11 we found out he had the same issue and were able to find a workaround for this enterprise connection.

Basically you have to configure the connection *before* installing the CA certificate (in our case it's a peap with machapv2), and the domain part is important (example: if the server certificate is radius.mycompany.com, you must fill that field as mycompany.com, or else it will never succeed), and leave the CA certificate option as "use system certificates". Also fill username and password, and every other parameter except the CA as per the sysadmin instructions. After saving, it will fail but that is to be expected at this point. Then you must turn off wifi, because vanilla android 11 has a bug where it will erase the CA otherwise, and only then import the CA in encryption settings as a wifi CA. After that, still with wifi off, go to the saved connections, click on the connection, edit it (pencil icon on top right) and change the CA certificate option to match your company's CA that you just imported. Only then turn on wifi and it should work. We tested this with success with this ROM (latest update) and Android one 11. This just proves google messed up and android 11 has a bug on this part, but at least I hope this workaround helps someone also affected to overcome it.

The best part is that I can still continue to use this great ROM, thank you Zeelog and @anandsvm for your work and time.

Glad you have found a work around , thanks for sharing it will help many people.

Krzychu95

Aug 20, 2010
I had an small issue with the update. I clicked install button after downloading the OTA and phone turned off, I had to manually turn in on and it went automatically to orangefox, then updated and rebooted without any problem. This is just FYI, phone booted up and works as expected.

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
oh really? to me it's still the same rate to lose battery, haven't seen any improvements. Maybe around 3% per hour overnight. So around 20% overnight.
Did you install via OTA, or wipe data clean install again?
Never faced any drain over night. 0 idle drain Since I have am been testing this ROM from last year October 15.

Always stayed in this ROM ,with updates checking every week( I test ).

The few users who reported battery due to WiFi + Data overnight is fixed

Idle drain also occurs because of old or non original battery not only Software problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fix_ita

Shred00

Feb 22, 2013
Anyone else seeing ANR [ <Application> not responding] popup dialogs with this ROM? Looking at CPU usage with top, I can see that com.android.phone is using >100% CPU.

An example, with lots of other processes effectively pinning all of the cores of this device:

2021-09-27_14-12.png

Anyone else seeing these kinds of ANR events and/or lots of CPU usage?

Last edited:

TechNoMatic

Feb 8, 2021
Hello @anandsvm

I am still experiencing battery drain issue on my Redmi Note 4 (mido). Even on idle it takes about 3-4% per hour. This has been up since last month, I thought an update would fix it sooner or later but that never happened. Can you share some insight on what could be a potential cause for this? Do I need to re-flash it or will a future OTA update fix this?

Regards,
TechNoMatic

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
photo_2021-10-07_21-01-46.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20211007-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
- October security patch
- Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 07 October 2021
- Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 07 Oct 2021
- Merged latest CAF tags as of 07 October 2021

Download : Link

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Latest ver of Open gapps and Flame gapps has issues ,Not a ROM problem
Tested 07-10-21 Nano Open gapps worked fine.

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

TechNoMatic

Feb 8, 2021
Hello @anandsvm

I am still experiencing battery drain issue on my Redmi Note 4 (mido). Even on idle it takes about 3-4% per hour. This has been up since last month, I thought an update would fix it sooner or later but that never happened. Can you share some insight on what could be a potential cause for this? Do I need to re-flash it or will a future OTA update fix this?

Regards,
TechNoMatic
Battery drain issue still not solved after latest OTA update. I'm using NikGapps.

Battery drain was not present when I flashed the ROM, it was working perfectly for about 2 months when this started happening. Please address this @anandsvm

Regards,
TechNoMatic

zheia

Oct 8, 2021
Is NTFS file system not supported?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-094735_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211009-094735_Settings.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20211009-114659_Terminal_Emulator.png
    Screenshot_20211009-114659_Terminal_Emulator.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

TechNoMatic

Feb 8, 2021
Battery drain issue is now worse than before. Battery drains out too quickly on light usage. Just by browsing a bit of YT and Reddit.. my battery jumps from 95% to 40% in about 30-40 minutes. Worst of all, it starts rebooting when it hits ~20% battery capacity.

Please advice me if I should try and re-flash the ROM because
1. I don't really have much time on my hands these days (covid eased up and everything kicked back into gear).
2. I don't want to really mess anything up by myself.

Regards,
TechNoMatic

Top Liked Posts

Guys good news Android 12 is coming for mido. Most of the features working. No major issues in early test build.
    Will be released once source is stable.

great news!
    IMG-20211014-WA0011.jpg

Guys good news Android 12 is coming for mido. Most of the features working. No major issues in early test build.
    Will be released once source is stable.
    photo_2021-10-07_21-01-46.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20211007-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - October security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 07 October 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 07 Oct 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 07 October 2021

Latest ver of Open gapps and Flame gapps has issues ,Not a ROM problem
    Tested 07-10-21 Nano Open gapps worked fine.

photo_2021-09-09_20-42-03.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 21 September 2021
    - Power menu customization fixes
    - Updated Kernel

Open Gapps Recommended : Link
    Flame Gapps also recommended.

Its Google issues in Android 11. Rather i say Google fixed it because they considered as security flaw. this will in Every Android ROM and device.

photo_2021-08-23_23-07-53.jpg

INTRODUCTION

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
    -None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
    CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
    *It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
    *Back up all your data in PC
    *Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
    1. Clean flash recommended.
    2. Back Up Everything.
    3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
    4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
    5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
    6. Flash ROM
    7. Flash Gapps.
      (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
    To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
    1) Download the latest ROM
    2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
    3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
    4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
    OTA for ROM updates
    Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
    Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    anandsvm, Zeelog
    ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r39
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
    Good News Mido Users , Once Android 12 is released officially by Google, you will get Android 12 for Mido . Thanks to Zeelog.
    photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - April security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
    - Audio fixes and improvements
    - Fix in-call volume
    - Fix call recording from previous build
    - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
    zlos pic.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210306-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - March security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 06 March 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 06 March 21
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 06 March 2021
    - Fixed poweroffalarm from previous release

Gapps : Link ( Flame Basic)

OTA More Info : Link

Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
    - Applock feature bug fixes
    - In-call volume setting fix

Gapps:
    Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.