• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OTA-Sept 21 2021][4.9][ Fully Stable- High Perf. ROM][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1[MIDO]-Vanilla By Zeelog

Search This thread

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
Hi I am using this latest lineage mido updated 23 rd june 2021 and want to say that when i on hotspot and connect a device lineage os 18 .1 updated 23 rd june automatically gets off please help how to solve it or fix this bug
Please search the thread for "hotspot". Right after the post with the announcement of that version, @anandsvm gave the solution... and yet lots of people didn't bother and then complain :( Sorry for the rant but you'd have lost less time to find it if you searched...

RohitKumaR94

Dec 18, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
I'm on latest build nd also flash provided kernel..but facing slow charging speed it's take almost 4-5 hrs to full charge ??? Very frustrating...did anyone facing the same..??
also i hav recently changed my battery with original new battery... kindly help if anyone know what to do..?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-215049_AccuBattery.png
    Screenshot_20210717-215049_AccuBattery.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20210717-215033_Ampere.png
    Screenshot_20210717-215033_Ampere.png
    387.9 KB · Views: 113

anandsvm

Feb 11, 2013
Banglore
I'm on latest build nd also flash provided kernel..but facing slow charging speed it's take almost 4-5 hrs to full charge ??? Very frustrating...did anyone facing the same..??
also i hav recently changed my battery with original new battery... kindly help if anyone know what to do..?
I got good charging speed. Recently suddenly my charging speed slowed down . Changed cable. Charged my phone from 5 to 90% within 2 hours.

Charging speed is HW issue , because ROM provides full charging speed upto 2000mah as per mido standard keeping temp in check

ciuccic

Jan 26, 2020
1) PrivacyGuard has been superseded by AOSP’s new PermissionHub starting with LineageOS 17.1. You can read more in their official blog: lineageos.org/Changelog-24/
2) Although the official LineageOS builds include the switch to turn ADB root on/off, this unofficial build doesn't have it for reasons unknown. However, there is a workaround. See my post #491. In that example the ADB connection was established over Wi-Fi because I hate cables :) As you see, I had timeouts and had to reconnect. The Problem with this ROM is that it "falls asleep" after a few seconds of inactivity and you have to press a power button fairly often to wake it up. If you prefer using a cable, you shouldn't face any issues.
I thank you peter.xda for your kind answer. I managed to get root permissions. But my purpose is to insert the StevenBlack List with the push command but when I give the command "adb push hosts /system/etc/" gives me error "/system/bin/sh: adb: inaccessible or not found". I encounter the same error when I want to delete system apps from adb. How can I fix it? In version 16.0 this did not happen. Thank you.

skagrawal1996

Sep 2, 2015
Hi Rohit,

I'm also facing same issue. Average ampere rating is 700. I also got my battery replaced from service centre. I tried changing port , charger as well as usb cable but still it's charging very slowly. I don't think that the issue is with rom. If you find any solution, please update me as well.

liv913

Sep 29, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Hi guys, I recently changed ROM from PE to LOS 18.1. I have performed clean flash (Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor), so I suppose that procedure has been correct.
Everything works, except keyboard which sometimes lags - when writing quickly - and misses some letters, leaves key-popup visible even after the finger has moved away... The same happens both with SwiftKey and Gboard. I tried to clean cache for apps and reconfigure them, but it doesn't resolve.
Can anybody help me pointing out what is wrong?

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES
Hi Rohit,

I'm also facing same issue. Average ampere rating is 700. I also got my battery replaced from service centre. I tried changing port , charger as well as usb cable but still it's charging very slowly. I don't think that the issue is with rom. If you find any solution, please update me as well.
Mine with the original battery goes up to 1200. The problem is most probably hardware-related.

freier_vogel

Nov 2, 2017
Hello, I have installed the latest ROM. (Clean installation) The phone runs great. But unfortunately it keeps going off. This happens 2 - 3 times a day. Sometimes in stand-by, but also when I use it. What can be the reason for this?

Thanks

Sporsho Jsr

Dec 5, 2020
INTRODUCTION
View attachment 5334601
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
-None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD(June 23-2021)

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
*It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
*Back up all your data in PC
*Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
  1. Clean flash recommended.
  2. Back Up Everything.
  3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
  4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
  5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
  6. Flash ROM
  7. Flash Gapps.
    (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
1) Download the latest ROM
2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
OTA for ROM updates
Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
Link

Dev Profile : Link

Support my efforts: Donate to Zeelog

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
anandsvm, Zeelog
ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r39
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
I really like this built . This the most stable one I have tried yet. But the Google assistant voice commands are unavailable for some reasons and the headphone connect icon is just showing that the headphone is connected but the microphone is not. But the microphone is Working perfectly. But the volume is really high during the calling and notification sounds. Would you kindly solve these issues! And I'm egarly waiting for a official built. Thanks a Lot and keep up the good work.🥰

cesc1972

Feb 10, 2011
I think the slow charging comes because of the thermal-engine.conf

I think the values are a little bit on the conservative side.

[BATTERY_CHARGING_STL]
algo_type monitor
sampling 5000
sensor xo-therm-adc
thresholds 40000 42000 44000 45000 46000
thresholds_clr 38000 40000 42000 44000 45000
actions battery battery battery battery battery
action_info 1 2 3 4 5

Last edited:
For some reason this OS keeps crashing for me. I don't know what causes this, but I've noticed that it crashes most of the time after unplugging the phone from the charger, often also when turning on the device. I've noticed, that if you start the OS from recovery mode instead of just turning it on using the power button, it doesn't crash most of the time until, again, I plug out the charger. Can I have some help with this?

david003

Aug 8, 2020
I have this installed (LineageOS 18.1) and also the WireGuard app. But Wireguard reports using "Go userspace" instead of the kernel. Some notes in this thread suggest that WireGuard has been added to the kernel, though:

"- Kernel: Update Wireguard"

Is WireGuard still in the kernel, and is there something I need to do to get it to work with the WireGuard app? Thanks.

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
I have this installed (LineageOS 18.1) and also the WireGuard app. But Wireguard reports using "Go userspace" instead of the kernel. Some notes in this thread suggest that WireGuard has been added to the kernel, though:

"- Kernel: Update Wireguard"

Is WireGuard still in the kernel, and is there something I need to do to get it to work with the WireGuard app? Thanks.
On mine it detects the module and works fine. I think I had to go to the advanced section on Wireguard app and activate it there (something that didn't work in vanilla ROM but works with Zeelog ROM), other than that I don't recall having to do anything else.

Reactions: david003

david003

Aug 8, 2020
On mine it detects the module and works fine. I think I had to go to the advanced section on Wireguard app and activate it there (something that didn't work in vanilla ROM but works with Zeelog ROM), other than that I don't recall having to do anything else.
Thanks. I don't see anything in the advanced settings that would activate it (only "allow remote control apps" which I tried, but it didn't make a difference).

Is your phone rooted? I'm wondering if that's the difference. Mine's not, just this regular LineageOS install (with MindTheGapps, also).

ogremalfeitor

Jan 26, 2018
Thanks. I don't see anything in the advanced settings that would activate it (only "allow remote control apps" which I tried, but it didn't make a difference).

Is your phone rooted? I'm wondering if that's the difference. Mine's not, just this regular LineageOS install (with MindTheGapps, also).
Yes, I'm using magisk. Maybe that's the difference, I believe.

Reactions: david003

david003

Aug 8, 2020
Yes, I'm using magisk. Maybe that's the difference, I believe.
I tried magisk, and I was able to get WireGuard to work with the kernel. Though it didn't like the system vpn always on options. Unfortunately my banking app wouldn't work with magisk, even after uninstalling it (it works with stock LineageOS). Ugh. A fresh reflashing should fix everything back, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2021-08-23_23-07-53.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210909-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - September security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 09 September 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 09 September 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 09 September 2021
    -Fixed hotspot on screen off

Download : Link

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Open Gapps Recommended : Link
    Flame Gapps also recommended.

photo_2021-09-09_20-42-03.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 21 September 2021
    - Power menu customization fixes
    - Updated Kernel

Gapps: OTA Works perfect

Open Gapps Recommended : Link
    Flame Gapps also recommended.

Its Google issues in Android 11. Rather i say Google fixed it because they considered as security flaw. this will in Every Android ROM and device.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Meanwhile with another co-worker that has another phone with android one 11 we found out he had the same issue and were able to find a workaround for this enterprise connection.

Basically you have to configure the connection *before* installing the CA certificate (in our case it's a peap with machapv2), and the domain part is important (example: if the server certificate is radius.mycompany.com, you must fill that field as mycompany.com, or else it will never succeed), and leave the CA certificate option as "use system certificates". Also fill username and password, and every other parameter except the CA as per the sysadmin instructions. After saving, it will fail but that is to be expected at this point. Then you must turn off wifi, because vanilla android 11 has a bug where it will erase the CA otherwise, and only then import the CA in encryption settings as a wifi CA. After that, still with wifi off, go to the saved connections, click on the connection, edit it (pencil icon on top right) and change the CA certificate option to match your company's CA that you just imported. Only then turn on wifi and it should work. We tested this with success with this ROM (latest update) and Android one 11. This just proves google messed up and android 11 has a bug on this part, but at least I hope this workaround helps someone also affected to overcome it.

The best part is that I can still continue to use this great ROM, thank you Zeelog and @anandsvm for your work and time.
    I have flashed multiple custom ROM in my mido for the past years..Battery back up was amazing in each version noughat,pie, A10..Recently started to flash A11 ROMs in which I have seen drain from Android Os and Android system..
    In order to check for any corrupted partition, I have flashed fadtboot ROM...then most stable lineage Os 18.1 based on A11..
    Still I facing same battery drain from these 2.
    Please help

View attachment 5394079
    Stick to one ROM ,flash the latest build, You won't face battery drain, if you keep changing ROMs with data restore , you will face battery drain and app crashes etc.
    Hello, my phone decided today to reboot for unkown reason.:
    --------- beginning of crash
    08-29 11:44:41.415 642 642 F libc : Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 642 (gx_fpd), pid 642 (gx_fpd)

It was no used for longer while. I am using latest build (23th August) updated via OTA few days ago.

Anandsvm, could you forward logcat below to Zeelog to take a look on it?

Logcat:
    Link part 1 (edit new link, idk why old was deleted): https://pastebin.com/H8w5Zgtk
    Link part 2: https://pastebin.com/3CBF5eLX

And filtered to only errors lvl:
    photo_2021-08-23_23-07-53.jpg

INTRODUCTION

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android , which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.

What's working

All Core Features of Android 11 Works , Including Wireless Display, Hotspot,Screen recording.

Known issues:
    -None

SELinux Status Enforcing.
    CTS Passes without Root.

Note : All development of these amazing ROMs is done by Zeelog. The OP anandsvm is tester ,provide assistance and collect and submit bug reports.

DOWNLOAD

Some users may face Fingerprint issuse or bootlop after flashing to LoS 18.1 ( Android 11)
    *It has happned because If you jump from Android 7,8,9 to Android 11 directly and encrypted
    *Back up all your data in PC
    *Flash loS 17.1 ( or any Android 10 aosp based ROMs) Boot in to system once , Format DATA. Clean Flash LoS 18.1.

Instructions
    1. Clean flash recommended.
    2. Back Up Everything.
    3. Use Organefox Recovery. Link
    4. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, Cache, System,Data, Vendor.
    5. Flash Latest Firmware. Link ( Only flash if your on old firmware)
    6. Flash ROM
    7. Flash Gapps.
      (Flame Gapps Basic Recommended)
    To update ROM , Two methods OTA or Dirty Flash

Dirty Flash for ROM updates
    1) Download the latest ROM
    2) Reboot to recovery - Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache/cache/sys/vendor
    3) Flash ROM , flash gapps any addons( Make sure flash all the gapps add-ons you flashed before)
    4)Reboot to Recovery ,then reboot to system.

Check video : Link
    OTA for ROM updates
    Go to settings/system/updater. Update.

OTA Update Guide : Link

Telegram Channel

GitHub/OTA Release :
    Link

Dev Profile : Link

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1 By Zeelog, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Contributors
    anandsvm, Zeelog
    ROM OS Version: Android 11.0.0_r39
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware V11.0.2.0.NCFMIXM

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-11-04

Created 2020-11-04
    Good News Mido Users , Once Android 12 is released officially by Google, you will get Android 12 for Mido . Thanks to Zeelog.
    photo_2021-03-28_23-27-15.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210408-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - April security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 08 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 08 April 2021
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 08 April 2021
    - Audio fixes and improvements
    - Fix in-call volume
    - Fix call recording from previous build
    - Dialer: Add auto recording feature

Gapps: Flame Gapps April 4 recommended Link

*Use OTA update works perfect.Magisk and gapps retained.
    zlos pic.jpg

Lineage-18.1-20210306-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - March security patch
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 06 March 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest CAF Tag, Google's android-4.9 and WLAN Prima as of 06 March 21
    - Merged latest CAF tags as of 06 March 2021
    - Fixed poweroffalarm from previous release

Gapps : Link ( Flame Basic)

OTA More Info : Link

Lineage-18.1-20210424-UNOFFICIAL-4.9-mido-Vanilla By Zeelog.

Changelog:
    - Synced latest LineageOS sources as of 23 April 2021
    - Synced kernel with latest Google's android-4.9 as of 23 April 2021
    - Applock feature bug fixes
    - In-call volume setting fix

Gapps:
    Flame Gapps April 20 recommended Link

Mindgapps : Works Great too. Prefered by LoS Team Link

*Use OTA update works perfect with Flame Gapps and Mind Gapps.Magisk and gapps retained.