Search This thread

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I made a Twrp flashable zip for the CM12S OTA update

My initial warning was a

WARNINGS
This update is intended to be used to update from CM11S-XNPH05Q to CM-12.0-YNG1TAS0YL,
Users have reported it working via other dirty flashes, so do so at your own risk.
HOWEVER I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BRICKS OR YOUR OWN STUPIDITY
THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING

DOWLOAD HERE

Installation process (this will keep root, and keep twrp installed. if not just flashing the zip will reflash CM recovery each boot)

1) Download the OTA zip above and the latest SuperSU.zip (here)
2) put both files on your internal storage
3) Reboot into TWRP
4) flash the modified OTA and wipe the caches
5) Flash SuperSU.zip
6) reboot

Credits
@James1o1o with out him i wouldn't have the OTA zip
-iCatalystic (Reddit user who posted the megalink that James1o1o reposted)
@Harfainx for the method for making this twrp flashable
@Chainfire for SuperSU

Last edited:

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
I heard people saying it would flash over CM11 nightlies and I didn't believe it. Just for grins, I backed up my CM12 nightlies, wiped cache/dalvik-art and gave it a whirl. So far no problems, but later in the day I'm going to do a clean install.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Last edited:

shaheen7m

Jun 28, 2011
Hey, whats the difference its having from the one that is other post? There peoples are simply flashing from CM12 nightlies.

kurtextrem

Jul 5, 2012
Munich
Realme X2 Pro
So after flashing it with Philz Recovery with the result "t", my Android just doesn't boot up anymore. The boot animation animates for an infinite time. What now?

Edit: Well, I held the power button until it was off, restarted and now it's working. It's magic. [place parrot here]

Last edited:

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Hey, whats the difference its having from the one that is other post? There peoples are simply flashing from CM12 nightlies.
You can try it at your own risk, there is a small updater script change that allows twrp to flash it. It does flash a radio which can be dangerous. If it's working for them then this should in Theory work, try it at your own risk and let us know if it works

Reactions: shaheen7m

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
You can try it at your own risk, there is a small updater script change that allows twrp to flash it. It does flash a radio which can be dangerous. If it's working for them then this should in Theory work, try it at your own risk and let us know if it works

One guy in the other thread already bricked his device trying to flash from Oxygen :eek: People flashing from CM11s & CM11/12 nightlies seem to be doing ok except for the occasional FC, probably from not clearing cache/dalvik.

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
One guy in the other thread already bricked his device trying to flash from Oxygen :eek:
I bricked mine last week going from cm12 back to 11S, luckily I was able to get it up and running by flashing colorOS via their flashtool and then reflashing cm11S again.

These are reasons why I am stressing this so much. I had it happen, it sucks but I got my device back

Top Liked Posts