OTA update EMUI10 on Rooted P20 PRO EU

Search This thread

moli1984

Mar 23, 2010
Hi All,

I have EMUI 9.1.0 (9.1.0.387 C432E8R1P11patch01) on my CLT-L29 P20 Pro and I got OTA update to EMUI 10.

When update downloaded phone going to restart and TWRP shows up and I cannot update to EMUI10.

Is there any solution?
I was trying extract Recovery_Ramdis.img from Update.app then I can start E Recovery but no update only restore. Then if I continue the OTA update TWRP shows up again....

I was looking for recovery no check img but non of them available.

I was wasting 3 days with no success...
Someone please can you let me know how can I update it?

Before:
(FRP/Bootloader unlocked I had rooted 9.0 then I could updated to 9.1 with OTA. Now I couldn't and I have half rooted phone at the moment and I don't know what to do)

moli1984

Mar 23, 2010
I flash the recovery_ramdis.img from update.app then I can recall erecovery but there is only "update and restore".
Should I do that? That's the only way to recall erecovery otherwise always twrp shows up.

Or how can I do it?
If I thinking wrong please correct me and advise.

I really appreciate your help!

Kind Regards!

rambik33

May 2, 2016
Minsk
I flash the recovery_ramdis.img from update.app then I can recall erecovery but there is only "update and restore".
Should I do that? That's the only way to recall erecovery otherwise always twrp shows up.

Or how can I do it?
If I thinking wrong please correct me and advise.

I really appreciate your help!

Kind Regards!
You can flash only FullOta with unlocked bootloader.

moli1984

Mar 23, 2010
Hi, ALL just ti close my topic I have installed erecovery from update.app then I made:
Recovery and Backup.
After that I could use OTA and I didn't lost docs, pics, contacts etc..

But now I struggling with root..

I still have unlocked bootloader, oem unlock also on, but I cannot flash twrp....
When I want to flash then recovery write failed.... :(

Tapatalkkal küldve az én CLT-L29 eszközömről

Gohan6

Nov 21, 2013
Hi@all.
I'm trying like you @moli1984 to update my phone to EMUI10 while keeping boot loader unlocked in order to gain back the root access.
Could anyone please redirect me to a tutorial or explain briefly the steps to do it?

Thanks in advance !

HoldMySoul69

Account currently disabled
Jun 24, 2017
Usa
cutt.ly
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
Hi, ALL just ti close my topic I have installed erecovery from update.app then I made:
Recovery and Backup.
After that I could use OTA and I didn't lost docs, pics, contacts etc..

But now I struggling with root..

I still have unlocked bootloader, oem unlock also on, but I cannot flash twrp....
When I want to flash then recovery write failed.... :(

Tapatalkkal küldve az én CLT-L29 eszközömről
If still needed try patching boot.img with magisk and flash it via bootloader, if it doesn't work just flash original boot.img