[OTA-Update] New security patch & stability update on Air

Any significance improvement observed on existing issues & performance?

• Yes

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Surioz07

Jul 28, 2016
narayanasuri.github.io
Need Stock Recovery

as i have rooted my device once and then unroot it.
so my bootloader is unlocked and twrp is installed on device .
i am having problem in updating the phone and then device restarts again and again in twrp recovery mode.
how can i update my phone now,
i can restart my phone.
NEED HELP THANKS!

Same problem here. You need to flash stock recovery to proceed with the update. I forgot my backup. Can someone link me to it, please?

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
I'm not sure why people are still looking to update since there is an issue with notification sound being reduced, unless perhaps you think it was too loud before...

Last edited:

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
You need to relock bootloader and there must be bootable firmware on your phone.

It is not necessary to re-lock bootloader.... it just complicates the things... .

System cannot be modified in any way...

Boot+system+ recovery should be stock else it won't flash.

Simplest way is reflash firmware. I reflashed the firmware n then performed the ota.... it's all fine.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

You need to relock bootloader and there must be bootable firmware on your phone.

No no u don't need to re-lock bootloader.... u just need stock boot+ system+ recovery.....
Just flash stock firmware and perform ota....

Incase u don't want to loose data then don't give clean user_data command .... I think that'll be fine

Last edited:

drumilrox

• Jul 7, 2011
    Yes notification volume is very low and the phone ring is very low for first few seconds and then it suddenly ramps up. Sometimes wonder if they actually test before releasing updates. Better to avoid this update.
    Yes, I'm also facing this issue is it the case with all devices? The notification sound is soo bleak don't even realize when you receive a message unless it's in your hand or very near to you! Very sad to have such updates

Sent from my Moto G (4) using XDA-Developers mobile app

Shahpal99

Sep 12, 2016
    Yup I found an issue that if I want unlock my Moto g4 plus by pin or pattern they disappear and phone unlocks automatically without any attempt also if I want unlock with fingerprint it unlocks but issues if I open with pin or pattern it unlocks automatically plz help me to solve this problem.....

cool_sid

Nov 17, 2013
    I was not able to update. Now I relocked the bootloader and didn't get the update.
    I saved the OTA-file before and have uploaded it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzpjDRtfDv8PdER0cml3VzRHZTA
    Is someone able to build a flashable zip?
    Thanks

Is it for xt1643? Indian variant 3gb ram ?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

As far as I see.... This is what the latest build has given me ....

1. Lesser instances of heating.
    2. Slightly more smooth.
    3. Changed my system status from modified to official (like it)

What disappointed me.

1. It killed my battery life.... Battery drains super fast... If its 30% at night.... Then my phone is found dead in the morning...! (Downloads on)
    2. Ghost touch while charging though it doesn't get hot.
    3. Earlier though it used to heat up but it was pretty localised. Now though it heats up less but if it does.... The screen is hot too.!

Question.... Can someone tell me if this update modified the recovery? Coz I don't have the ota file n so I don't know.
    I ask this to see if I can flash the recovery img of the last build.

Request ...... Can someone plz upload the update file for xt1643.

Thanks

sirtbhopal

Oct 21, 2010
    people's still rooted & not updated. will suggest them to be on stock & lock bootloader now. if they are interested in upcoming 7.0 stock version. May get before end of year.

Reactions: sagalfisz

santosh441995

Sep 18, 2016
    sir i had recently installed the september security patch update after that my phone starts heating more,notification sound was not audible and it took more time to charge. It is so annoying please help me to uninstall the update .will factory reset helps me out?

sirtbhopal

Oct 21, 2010
    sir i had recently installed the september security patch update after that my phone starts heating more,notification sound was not audible and it took more time to charge. It is so annoying please help me to uninstall the update .will factory reset helps me out?
    No reset required generally after any stock update & not seen any such concern nearby.
    You can given a try of reset & cache clear, even if not resolved pl check with customer care.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone