• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OTA update not available

Search This thread

hatake000

Jul 20, 2021
Hello,

I use MIUI 12.0.4.0 Stable on my Mi 9. When i check if there is any update, it says I've got the newest possible MIUI version. I know, that there is also 12.0.5 or even 12.5 MIUI available, but my phone tells me it's not... I've got Global version - 12.0.4.0(QFAMIXM). I tried to change regions over the world or even download stable ROM and install it via Manual instalation in settings, but it says it's not official or it can't be flashed... I also don't use proxies, vpns and I checked different internet providers. Why can't I just update my phone OTA?

Reactions: mttca

mttca

Oct 2, 2006
Xiaomi Mi 9
Finally it worked for me. I was stuck with 12.0.4.0 without OTA update available. Manual update to 12.5.1.0 faced with above mentioned error. Then I tried manual update to 12.0.5.0 - it went well without any error. After phone restarting, the 12.5.1.0 appeared in OTA update, and I let it do its job.

Last edited:
Reactions: yairsh

yairsh

Oct 15, 2021
Finally it worked for me. I was stuck with 12.0.4.0 without OTA update available. Manual update to 12.5.1.0 faced with above mentioned error. Then I tried manual update to 12.0.5.0 - it went well without any error. After phone restarting, the 12.5.1.0 appeared in OTA update, and I let it do its job.
sorry for the late question.
i'm facing the same problem. the error message in my phone is "Can't verify update" - Can't flash this stable ROM.".
I couldn't find miui 12.0.5.0 download link, so I'm still stuck...

yairsh

Oct 15, 2021
I have found the link!
This link is only for our case - updating 12.0.4.0 to 12.0.5.0, and after that updating to 12.5.1.0 is available via OTA.
Thanks a lot @mttca for the idea.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I use MIUI 12.0.4.0 Stable on my Mi 9. When i check if there is any update, it says I've got the newest possible MIUI version. I know, that there is also 12.0.5 or even 12.5 MIUI available, but my phone tells me it's not... I've got Global version - 12.0.4.0(QFAMIXM). I tried to change regions over the world or even download stable ROM and install it via Manual instalation in settings, but it says it's not official or it can't be flashed... I also don't use proxies, vpns and I checked different internet providers. Why can't I just update my phone OTA?