Question OTA updates for MIUI after unlocking

Search This thread

Disyraq

Sep 15, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
Hey guys, this is my first xiaomi device and i would like to know, after unlocking the bootloader, do i still get OTA updates from xiaomi like normal, and if i do, can i update like normal without any complications. I am on Mi 11 Global, due for unlock in 48 hours

naylor83

Dec 21, 2014
That's a relief.

If i may, a related question:

When unlocking the bootloader with the unlock tool, will the phone be factory reset? Apps and settings gone?

I ask because I don't want to waste a whole week setting my new phone up just for it to be erased when the unlock is finally available next Wednesday.

Disyraq

Sep 15, 2015
Xiaomi Mi 11
That's a relief.

If i may, a related question:

When unlocking the bootloader with the unlock tool, will the phone be factory reset? Apps and settings gone?
Yes, everything gets wiped. However, you need to be using the phone in order to unlock it after the 7 day period. If not you'll get an error saying you need to use the phone more, and then you'll have to wait longer.

Last edited:

naylor83

Dec 21, 2014
Yes, everything gets wiped. However, you need to be using the phone in order to unlock it after the 7 day period. If not you'll get an error saying you need to use the phone more, and then you'll have to wait longer.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. That's annoying but I guess I can use the phone for certain basic things while I wait.

Reactions: Disyraq

Zaid Koudmani

Feb 17, 2019
I have redmi note 11 pro china wich bootloader is unlocked and installed global miui rom so will I receive OTA updates? And can I install them normally?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, thanks for the clarification. That's annoying but I guess I can use the phone for certain basic things while I wait.