[OTA] XT1032 4.4.4 Retail US

Search This thread

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Im on CWM

Is it weird that I got the notification for the 4.4.4 update even though I use CWM instead of the stock recovery?
When I got the 4.4.3 update, I installed it via the OTA and didn't change from CWM to stock recovery. Nothing seemed wrong. But from what I understood you shouldn't be able to get OTA updates if you have a custom recovery?

legómina

May 25, 2008
Warsaw
I'm on Philz recovery. Unfortunately can't install the OTA. While installing error appears saying that there is a problem with verification Exchange2.apk...

Last edited:

gunner4

Aug 26, 2013
Does this work with cwm? I tried with twrp but no luck and for some reason I can't fastboot stock recovery

G

GuestK00191

Only stock recovery and untouched /system partition

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
Have a rooted device with xposed. OTA does not apply either with stock recovery or philz. Does anyone have a full SBF instead (I hate OTAs anyway, they never quite work for me)?

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL

Thanks for this! Updated using this. My falcon was rooted using Superboot. So the recovery was stock. I was using xposed modules. I followed these steps:
1. Downloaded the file in OP
2. Copied it to sdcard
3. Booted to recovery
4. Selected install update from sdcard and then selected the update zip
5. Done! :good:

It took around 5 minutes for all this process. Thanks a lot @tony_evl :highfive:

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Have a rooted device with xposed. OTA does not apply either with stock recovery or philz. Does anyone have a full SBF instead (I hate OTAs anyway, they never quite work for me)?

Check my post. I have just installed it with stock recovery. Let me know if you need any help...

Reactions: cubk

cubk

Nov 1, 2014
x1032, Amazon, Global version

I just bought my x1032 Moto G from Amazon. The global GSM (international) version. I learned how to and I unlocked bootloader, flahsed TWRP 2.8.1.0 as my recovery and rooted yesterday!

Currently running 4.4.3. What do I need to do to install 4.4.4?

Total noob here. Moto G is my first andrioid device :D

Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
I just bought my x1032 Moto G from Amazon. The global GSM (international) version. I learned how to and I unlocked bootloader, flahsed TWRP 2.8.1.0 as my recovery and rooted yesterday!

Currently running 4.4.3. What do I need to do to install 4.4.4?

Total noob here. Moto G is my first andrioid device :D

Go back to stock, you'll get system update notification, flash it and again follow the procedure to root it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: cubk

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
But my 4.4.3 update installed seemingly correctly through CWM. I didnt witness anything out of the ordinary like any bugs.

Top Liked Posts