[OTA] XT1032 4.4.4 Retail US

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Im on CWM

Is it weird that I got the notification for the 4.4.4 update even though I use CWM instead of the stock recovery?
When I got the 4.4.3 update, I installed it via the OTA and didn't change from CWM to stock recovery. Nothing seemed wrong. But from what I understood you shouldn't be able to get OTA updates if you have a custom recovery?

legómina

May 25, 2008
Warsaw
I'm on Philz recovery. Unfortunately can't install the OTA. While installing error appears saying that there is a problem with verification Exchange2.apk...

Last edited:

nupi

Dec 11, 2010
Have a rooted device with xposed. OTA does not apply either with stock recovery or philz. Does anyone have a full SBF instead (I hate OTAs anyway, they never quite work for me)?

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Thanks for this! Updated using this. My falcon was rooted using Superboot. So the recovery was stock. I was using xposed modules. I followed these steps:
1. Downloaded the file in OP
2. Copied it to sdcard
3. Booted to recovery
4. Selected install update from sdcard and then selected the update zip
5. Done! :good:

It took around 5 minutes for all this process. Thanks a lot @tony_evl :highfive:

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Have a rooted device with xposed. OTA does not apply either with stock recovery or philz. Does anyone have a full SBF instead (I hate OTAs anyway, they never quite work for me)?
Check my post. I have just installed it with stock recovery. Let me know if you need any help...

Reactions: cubk

cubk

Nov 1, 2014
x1032, Amazon, Global version

I just bought my x1032 Moto G from Amazon. The global GSM (international) version. I learned how to and I unlocked bootloader, flahsed TWRP 2.8.1.0 as my recovery and rooted yesterday!

Currently running 4.4.3. What do I need to do to install 4.4.4?

Total noob here. Moto G is my first andrioid device :D

Last edited:

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
I just bought my x1032 Moto G from Amazon. The global GSM (international) version. I learned how to and I unlocked bootloader, flahsed TWRP 2.8.1.0 as my recovery and rooted yesterday!

Currently running 4.4.3. What do I need to do to install 4.4.4?

Total noob here. Moto G is my first andrioid device :D
Go back to stock, you'll get system update notification, flash it and again follow the procedure to root it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: cubk

reeved

Jan 9, 2014
Go back to stock, you'll get system update notification, flash it and again follow the procedure to root it...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
I'm on CWM and got the update notification? Is that weird? I flashed the 4.4.3 update through CWM and the update notification.