OTC Updater Dead?

Search This thread

EirikrHinnRauthi

Hey guys! Is the OTC Updater EOL'd? I'm getting an error when trying to update a stubborn device. Do you think there is a string that could be change?

Anyone with an Enterprise Support Agreement want to see if they can find out wassssup if we can't figure anything out here?

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. Encountered web exception communicating with https://fe3.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/UpdateMetadataService, Exception: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

smartblu

Oct 10, 2018
Windows Update service migrated to TLS 1.2 but OTC tool is built against .NET 4.0 that does not support TLS 1.2.
Support for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile has ended and that’s why also OTC is out of support and Microsoft is not making updates to that.
However, users can still get the existing OTC tool to work by adding 8 required entries:

Reactions: konstant213

trigardre1

Jun 8, 2021

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-06-08 at 9.13.28 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-06-08 at 9.13.28 AM.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows Update service migrated to TLS 1.2 but OTC tool is built against .NET 4.0 that does not support TLS 1.2.
    Support for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile has ended and that’s why also OTC is out of support and Microsoft is not making updates to that.
    However, users can still get the existing OTC tool to work by adding 8 required entries:
    I have recompiled the binary (otcupdater.exe) with .net 4.7 which should support tls 1.2 and newer
    https://mega.nz/file/i8BEhRBR#QJJztViI-mffipA6gNjfhhPFHflHH5S7WusrpEJhYqQ
    can you try it out? I don't have a windows phone