• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OTG + CHARGING] Finally Solved [UPDATED 30.08.12]

Search This thread

sonic_boom

May 20, 2010
Dublin
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE 30/08/2012

Added more diagrams and pictures on my website --> https://sites.google.com/site/sonicboomworld/my-projects/otg-diagrams
Don't forget to check NEWS as well : --> https://sites.google.com/site/sonicboomworld/

Hi All SONY USERS !

I have good news for you. Finally got it working ! OTG MODE and CHARGING AT THE SAME TIME !!

You can simply fallow my thread here :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1822653

or just wait here for final instructions HOW TO DO THIS. First i would like to upload Video on YouTube then i will post some simple info ;)

Should works on most XPERIA devices i say so with OTG SUPPORT

Last edited:

Geminiu

Jan 13, 2010
Great project! I ll try and make one for my Xperia P... ordering parts right now :D

Maybe its just me but data + and data - wires are wrong marked?! It should be: green = +, white = -

micro_usb_pinout.jpg

sonic_boom

May 20, 2010
Dublin
Hi yes. You may have a right here. Right wires right colors in right place but wrong marking... Btw on on Google images I found white wire positive or negative same story with green.

Don't make any difference at the moment but thanks to you for spot this ;)

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

sonic_boom

May 20, 2010
Dublin
Well I don't know ?

Probably before that Myself and some users should test it properly to eliminate bugs and all problems ( if there is any? )

unreal3000

Nov 27, 2010
tks for your info! making my own dock and around 80% done! tested with a resistor of about 99.5K ohms and both charging and otg worked.
almost finished with its body... finished soldering the wires yesterday... will post a video when its done. btw tested and working on my xperia U.
took some time finding a decent micro usb head to solder the 4th pin unto, but finaly got it to work. will update later..tks!

sonic_boom

May 20, 2010
Dublin
tks for your info! making my own dock and around 80% done! tested with a resistor of about 99.5K ohms and both charging and otg worked.
almost finished with its body... finished soldering the wires yesterday... will post a video when its done. btw tested and working on my xperia U.
took some time finding a decent micro usb head to solder the 4th pin unto, but finaly got it to work. will update later..tks!

Well done !!! so 100k ohm resistor working with XPERIA U - thats great news, i will update my website right now - thanks

I know that my self , one of the hardest part is to find good microUSB, you can open and damage so many

unreal3000

Nov 27, 2010
Well done !!! so 100k ohm resistor working with XPERIA U - thats great news, i will update my website right now - thanks

I know that my self , one of the hardest part is to find good microUSB, you can open and damage so many

yeah...dock is 95% done........just need to cover up some holes :p but works perfectly. looks a bit weird cause i made the whole the out of epoxy compound but its really strong.... tested with a keyboard, mouse, pendrive and gamepad at the same time....and it was still charging!

Reactions: sonic_boom

0M3G4_

Dec 31, 2011
yeah...dock is 95% done........just need to cover up some holes :p but works perfectly. looks a bit weird cause i made the whole the out of epoxy compound but its really strong.... tested with a keyboard, mouse, pendrive and gamepad at the same time....and it was still charging!

Do you have the possibility to test an MHL connector to know if HDMI output is possible using this kind of dock? seems great to me :)

unreal3000

Nov 27, 2010
Do you have the possibility to test an MHL connector to know if HDMI output is possible using this kind of dock? seems great to me :)

my xperia U dosnt support MHL , so even if i plug one in it will never work. for xperia P and S which have hdmi out, a similar dock could be possible, with to connectors on the dock. also for phones that do support MHL, OTG+MHL will never work, as it is not possible to be in 2 different modes at once.

sonic_boom

May 20, 2010
Dublin
my xperia U dosnt support MHL , so even if i plug one in it will never work. for xperia P and S which have hdmi out, a similar dock could be possible, with to connectors on the dock. also for phones that do support MHL, OTG+MHL will never work, as it is not possible to be in 2 different modes at once.

I am not so sure but I think it is possible to use OTG and MHL at the same time according to videos on Youtube.

3 in 1 may not work MHL, OTG and Charging. But we never know until someone will try. ( I talk about devices with MHL support) .

There is actually few different combinations ;

MHL and OTG - should work
MHL and Charging - should work
OTG and Charging -??? Correct resistor may enable this mode
OTG and Charging and MHL - ??? No idea about this one

Top Liked Posts