OtterBox commuter case

Search This thread

GCbard

Dec 27, 2011
I am considering the OtterBox commuter case for the pixel XL. Can anyone that has it already comment on how they like it?

Last edited:

3aucla1r3

Dec 11, 2013
South Carolina
I am considering the OtterBox commuter car for the pixel XL. Does anyone that has it already have any comments to share?

I am using it. Very comfortable to grip, doesn't add the bulk that the Defender does but doesn't have the screen protector that the Defender has. It's perfect for me cause I don't like screen protectors nor the bulk of the defender. I would recommend it. Glad I choose it!

Reactions: GCbard

chazall1

Jun 11, 2010
I tried the OtterBox commuter case. Nice case. The only issue I had with it was when standing the phone up against anything. Did not have much grip. My phone would always slide down.I chose to use another company.

ndhusmc

Jul 4, 2016
I have it and love it. The edges make the phone so much easier to grip. Every time I take it off to clean off the phone I use the phone naked for a short while and honestly prefer to use the phone with the OtterBox Commuter on it. I prefer the materials used on the Commuter vs the Defender as the rubberized exterior of the Defender makes it difficult to place in ones pocket. The only case I believe that will unseat this one from my Pixel XL is when my LifeProof Fre arrives. It just got released today.

Last edited:

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I bought it the day I got my Pixel XL and returned it a week later. It made the phone monsterously big in my opinion. Coming from a S7 Edge with the commuter, the Pixel commuter was way to bulky for me.
I ended up picking up the Spigen Tough Armor and am happy I did.

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am considering the OtterBox commuter car for the pixel XL. Does anyone that has it already have any comments to share?

I am using it. Very comfortable to grip, doesn't add the bulk that the Defender does but doesn't have the screen protector that the Defender has. It's perfect for me cause I don't like screen protectors nor the bulk of the defender. I would recommend it. Glad I choose it!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone