• IMG_20200831_173555.jpg
    IMG_20200831_173555.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20200831_173618.jpg
    IMG_20200831_173618.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 442
D

Deleted member 7436581

The buttons on the commuter felt "squishy". I hated that. Took it back to Best Buy. I'm used to really "clicky" buttons from Spigen. How are the buttons on this Defender?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Waaaay too bulky. This is a perfect example of how to defeat the purpose of a beautiful design and ruin the work that went into creating a nearly bezel-free device.

Yep. I don't see the point of mating it to that case.
I like the Bolt on my 10+
The sides allow access to the curve part but help prevent accidental touches and makes it easy to hold. It's a delicate balance.
Does a great job protecting it as well.

Snowleopard1900

May 28, 2012
Will it work with the Whitestone Dome glass?

Not sure yet, I am using the Defender Pro Case with the WhiteStone Dome screen protector and the install did not go well for me, probably because the phone is so large... I had no issues with the WhiteStone Dome on my Note 8.

They are sending me a replacement screen protector, I can tell you it fits tight on the top and bottom. the curved sides are fine. Meaning that the Defender Pro case hits the top and bottom of the protector if it is not alined perfect.

K

kstewart61

I have the same case on my 20 and the fit is awesome thought it would be to big but it's not.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Waaaay too bulky. This is a perfect example of how to defeat the purpose of a beautiful design and ruin the work that went into creating a nearly bezel-free device.

Not sure yet, I am using the Defender Pro Case with the WhiteStone Dome screen protector and the install did not go well for me, probably because the phone is so large... I had no issues with the WhiteStone Dome on my Note 8.

They are sending me a replacement screen protector, I can tell you it fits tight on the top and bottom. the curved sides are fine. Meaning that the Defender Pro case hits the top and bottom of the protector if it is not alined perfect.

The same curse as the Note 10+ which cost me a lot of time to resolve.
You can try some teflon tape stretched down the sides just barely touching the screen protector to help it into the case and keep debris from marring the frame.

I rejected the damn Whitestone after I saw what a mess it was plus they sent the wrong protector in the right box. NOT impressed with their offshore junk and attitude.

A wet apply urethane screen protector is working very well in my case, the Gorilla IO Screen Protector.
The Bolt case is a tight fitting case as well.
The Whitestone would have been a tight fit at best. Just one little contact bump with the case would be a mess to redo; with a wet apply you can simple wet and push it back down.

Pros: easy to apply, wears fairly good, clear with a nice feel to it with excellent scratch protection and some impact protection. Can be pushed back down if it lifts.
Inexpensive. Bubble free.
Cons: less impact protection, need to let it set up overnight. Must be careful not to stretch it (or any) plastic film protectors as that will cause a failure.

Last edited:
The same curse as the Note 10+ which cost me a lot of time to resolve.
You can try some teflon tape stretched down the sides just barely touching the screen protector to help it into the case and keep debris from marring the frame.

I rejected the damn Whitestone after I saw what a mess it was plus they sent the wrong protector in the right box. NOT impressed with their offshore junk and attitude.

A wet apply urethane screen protector is working very well in my case, the Gorilla IO Screen Protector.
The Bolt case is a tight fitting case as well.
The Whitestone would have been a tight fit at best. Just one little contact bump with the case would be a mess to redo; with a wet apply you can simple wet and push it back down.

Pros: easy to apply, wears fairly good, clear with a nice feel to it with excellent scratch protection and some impact protection. Can be pushed back down if it lifts.
Inexpensive. Bubble free.
Cons: less impact protection, need to let it set up overnight. Must be careful not to stretch it (or any) plastic film protectors as that will cause a failure.
LOL. There's no reason for a screen protector on the Note20. Modern glass has been extremely durable for years and this generation is leaps and bounds above the previous ones. I haven't used a screen protector since the S8+, and I haven't had so much as a tiny nick or scratch on any of my devices.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I live in Michigan. I think we've got more sand and beaches than most states.

It rains mud here, literally sometimes if that tells you how dusty it can get.
Had a S4+ that had a heat damaged LCD.
For science, yes well, I took off the screen protector on it's Otterbox. The screen was spotless after 3 years.
Within a half year it had a couple scratches. I was reasonable careful with it.

The note Note 10+'s factory screen protector was scraped right on screen curve in the case the 2nd day I had by a drop out of my pocket onto a piece of aluminum angle. No damage.
Things happen.