Search This thread

Dwokfur

Dec 9, 2012
Budapest
atoth.sote.hu
I'm trying to root an Oukitel WP12 with Magisk.
I've downloaded the firmware from the vendor's link and flashed it successfully just like for other Oukitel phones (WP6, WP10).
I could also create a magisk-patched boot image. I followed regular practices: unlocked the bootloader, confirmed by orange state message and flashed the patched boot image.
The phone gets into a boot loop.
This phone differs significantly from other Oukitel phones I saw before. It comes with Android 11 by default, moreover: the device is an A/B device.
Also: apart from vbmeta, it also has vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor. I tried flashing a blank vbmeta for vbmeta first and than to all three vbmeta partitions without success.
Anyone came accross with a phone with vbmeta, vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor partitions? How I should correctly create blank vbmetas for these partitions?
Note that there's also a boot-debug partition and for several partitions there are partitions with a -verified suffix, like: dtbo-verified, tee-verified, etc.
I think it's probably the wrong vbmeta blanks I'm using causing the boot-loop. Flashing the original images restores the phone - although without magisk root of course...
If you have any ideas or instructions on how to overcome this obstacle, please let me know.

RigacciOrg

May 18, 2019
Unfortunately I can confirm the boot loop. I don't have a solution for now, if you have one, please share!

RigacciOrg

May 18, 2019
Hi @Dwokfur,

Finally I managed to root my Oukitel WP12. The recpie you posted is OK, you should only re-flash also the Verified Boot partitions with the proper fastboot flags.
WARNING: the vbmeta* partitions I downloaded from the phone were different from the ones found into the Oukitel firmware zip archive: So I used the one extracted from the phone with the SP Flash Tool v5 program.

After all the final fastboot recipe is:

Code:
fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched-23000_rgkOP.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_a.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system_a.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor_a.img