Oukitel WP5

Search This thread

gringobenuk

Apr 28, 2014
> I rooted my WP5. Sorry for not having time to write a full tutorial, only a concise story. Of course this is ONLY for
> experienced users...
> My phone is 4GB version Android 10, build 10.0_V02_20200508.
> 8) using SP Flash Tools readback the following partitions:
> 9) download the attached patched_vbmeta.img
> 10) transfer the boot.img that you just readback to the phone download folder
> 12) Use Magisk Manager to patch the boot.img and copy back to PC
> 13) flash the images:

I've a few questions. My phone came with Android 9 and I used SP flash to install the Android 10 firmware from the oukitel website. I didn't root it but I'd like to. What I want to know is, the patched vbmeta image attached in this post, what is it doing, how was it produced, and do I need to produce my own for firmware build I downloaded? And, after rooting with magisk, how to avoid orange state warning and ensure the safety net check passes (as my online banking app is very fussy)?

Last edited:

Newbie132

Apr 13, 2021
can someone show me how unlock bootloader ?View attachment 5277887
IMG_20210413_194002[1].jpg

Last edited:

SwedishForenger

Mar 26, 2021
Latest on my WP5 that was 07012020 software android 10. The boot.img for whatever reason would not patch when taken from windows. When I used Linux it seamed to work OK. I flashed in Linux ended in a bootloop, so I reflash stock boot.img and vbmeta.img still bootlooped. I tried the android 10 rom from the oukitel download site. it worked but I had no IMEI. So I tried the android 9 rom from above it worked (but only shows 3g). It still shows no IMEI, well at least cell works. so I proceed to patch the boot.img from the said rom and flash tah dah it is rooted! I then flash TWRP with no issues.

So many thanks to Nicolap8 and dwastell for making this possible!

I have disabled as many google apps as I know I can and delete extra software and am running simplemobile apps and will keep on modifying.

I'm sorry to hear you missed to back up your IMEI number.
I made a guide on how to reset your IMEI if you need that help :)

Reset my IMEI number ...

enigma313

Oct 28, 2013
Cheers, would you or anyone have a backup of your fone, I require the lk.bin.
From owning many of these amazon fones from china, they sell them on there from the remaining parts of their main contract(s). which is why some sys functions work on some and others it doesn't, odd chipsets, or the incorrect chipset advertised. i have:
Build: V03_20210302
Chipset: MT6761V/WE
Kernel: 4.9.190+

I was burned out from grad sch hmwork and totally forget I didn't make a full *.img backup. so now I'm fooked, unless I can get a proper lk.bin file.

any help would be appreciated.

SwedishForenger

Mar 26, 2021
Cheers, would you or anyone have a backup of your fone, I require the lk.bin.
From owning many of these amazon fones from china, they sell them on there from the remaining parts of their main contract(s). which is why some sys functions work on some and others it doesn't, odd chipsets, or the incorrect chipset advertised. i have:
Build: V03_20210302
Chipset: MT6761V/WE
Kernel: 4.9.190+

I was burned out from grad sch hmwork and totally forget I didn't make a full *.img backup. so now I'm fooked, unless I can get a proper lk.bin file.

any help would be appreciated.

No sorry. I am also looking for the v3 firmware for my WP5 pro. If anyone happens to have access to it, please share

WojtasJD

Nov 15, 2021
Hello.
Does the Oukitel WP5 with 3 GiB RAM / 32 GB Flash have Android 10 firmware available?

After uploading F/W for this model from https://oukitel.com/pages/download-center - phone constantly restarts itself.

Here https://github.com/adil192/OukitelWP5TrebleTips/blob/main/README.md we can read:

The 10.0 firmware OUKITEL_WP5_EEA_10.0_V09_20201119_192903 DOES NOT BOOT! (This is the one you can get from Oukitel's download center. I assume it's for the 4GB model?)

Yesterday I wrote to Oukitel but they not responded yet...

antlampas

Dec 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I followed the steps on this post and the guide on TWRP site to install the AOSP 10 on the WP5 and the TWRP 3.5.2. everything works fine, Android 10 boots, but TWRP doesn't work... maybe should i revert to Android 9? Any ideas?

Thank you

MickOldunwise

Feb 5, 2022
De-goggled!

Hi all,
I degoggled my WP5 4GB RAM build EEA_V09_20203020 installing /e/OS.
Many thanks to nicolap8, dwastell and SwedishForenger for their works.

I flashed TWRP, rooted with Magisk and installed via adb /e/OS GSI treble_arm64_bvN/IMG-e-0.19-q-20211027142973-dev-treble_arm64_bvN (download from here)

I had some trouble during the process (bootloop after installing TWRP, then I wasn’t able to flash the system image from recovery so I made it via adb) but at last all worked fine and I wrote this after two weeks of use.

I had an issue with the battery, first charge was too fast (<2 hour) and the phone discharged in 2 days.
Second charge was better but still not like with stock ROM.
After the third charge it seemed ok and the discharging was as expected (6 days).
Today I charged it again and it went from 5% to 100% in six hours.
The only strange thing was that at 10%, it showed that the time remaining was 4 days (!!!) and at 50% was 7 hours; none of this was correct.
Only after 70% the time remaning was right. Maybe I will copy the original battery.stats from the backup I have made.

Ciao

Reactions: xdil

xdil

Oct 25, 2017
De-goggled!

Hi all,
I degoggled my WP5 4GB RAM build EEA_V09_20203020 installing /e/OS.
Many thanks to nicolap8, dwastell and SwedishForenger for their works.

I flashed TWRP, rooted with Magisk and installed via adb /e/OS GSI treble_arm64_bvN/IMG-e-0.19-q-20211027142973-dev-treble_arm64_bvN (download from here)

I had some trouble during the process (bootloop after installing TWRP, then I wasn’t able to flash the system image from recovery so I made it via adb) but at last all worked fine and I wrote this after two weeks of use.

I had an issue with the battery, first charge was too fast (<2 hour) and the phone discharged in 2 days.
Second charge was better but still not like with stock ROM.
After the third charge it seemed ok and the discharging was as expected (6 days).
Today I charged it again and it went from 5% to 100% in six hours.
The only strange thing was that at 10%, it showed that the time remaining was 4 days (!!!) and at 50% was 7 hours; none of this was correct.
Only after 70% the time remaning was right. Maybe I will copy the original battery.stats from the backup I have made.

Ciao
In your opinion is possibile de-googleing device without root?
thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Nicola for your tutorial. I'm eager to root my WP5 Pro with Magisk, but first I need a backup of boot vbmeta and recovery. I have made extensive use of SP Flash Tools but never to readback partitions so I'm having some problems here. Could you please detail your technique to extract such files? Thank you
    Michele
    Build number OUKITEL_WP5Pro_EEA_V01-20200624 CPU MT6762D, 8 cores,64 Gb ROM, 4 Gb RAM.

Beware: your phone is different! So I don't know:
    1) Android version.
    2) which kind of booting are using, read here https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html#knowing-your-device
    Before writing an image you MUST have a backup of it!

To read back a partition with SP Flash Tools you need to know the start address end the length of the partition. This information is available only (because your phone is not yet rooted) from the scatter file (from the SAME phone).
    In the Readback page hit "Add" then input a name for the image file. Follows a new dialog "Readback block start address" where you have to write the values.
    After this you can give the Read Back command. If it doesn't start shutdown the phone.
    N
    This is a great rugged phone, perfect for the outdoors (I'm a keen mountaineer). I couldn't see a thread so I thought I would start one! A couple of posts re. rooting to follow....
    Rooted!

Hi all,
    I rooted my WP5. Sorry for not having time to write a full tutorial, only a concise story. Of course this is ONLY for experienced users...

My phone is 4GB version Android 10, build 10.0_V02_20200508.
    1) download the firmware from oukitel website: https://oukitel.com/pages/download-center (1)
    2) download and install SP Flash Tools https://spflashtool.com/download/
    3) download and install Android Platform Tools https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    4) connect the phone to PC and verify that adb is working
    5) WARNING: make a backup af your data!
    6) unlock the bootloader:
    - in Developer options enable the unlock
    - adb reboot bootloader
    - fastboot flashing unlock
    - fastboot reboot
    Now the phone restarts and is completely virgin!
    7) shutdown the phone.
    8) using SP Flash Tools readback the following partitions:
    - boot
    - recovery (2)
    - vbmeta
    9) download the attached patched_vbmeta.img
    10) transfer the boot.img that you just readback to the phone download folder
    11) install Magisk Manager (today 7.5.1)
    12) Use Magisk Manager to patch the boot.img and copy back to PC
    13) flash the images:
    - fastboot flash --disable-verification vbmeta patched_vbmeta.img
    - fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
    - fastboot reboot
    14) if the phone boots up run Magisk Manager to check if it's installed.

14b) if the phone goes in bootloop... flash back the original images you have read back (do not use the firmware you downloaded from Oukitel, it's necessary only to have the scatter file (the partition table).

Enjoy ;)
    Nicola

Notes:
    (1) actually there are 2 firmware available and despite having different names are the same. This fw is Android 9.
    (2) not used now but may be useful in the future
    Rooting the WP5

Hey @dwastell, I know this thread is a couple months old, so I wanted to see if you have any root instructions?
    Do you think the process for rooting the OUKITEL K13 here on the forum will work on the WP5?

I eventually succeeded in rooting my WP5 with Magisk. For a while, the firmware was not available but once the official ROM was published, I managed to patch boot.img and install via fastboot. My phone is the 4 GB version -copies of the stock and patched boot image are available at: github.com/dwastell/Oukitel_WP5_magisk
    I have experienced some complications as detailed in my next post...
    Cheers, Dave
    Rooting the WP5

Thanks for your post Nicola. You'll see that I did succeed in rooting my phone (Android 9) with Magisk, once I was able to get hold of the stock firmware. All is working though there are a couple of points worth noting.

The phones is SAR ("system-as-root") and the magisk instructions suggest that recovery.img is patched rather than boot.img. I proceeded by patching boot.img, as in your instructions, as this seemed a better solution - and it works fine.

One problem has occurred with updates. Magisk manager appears to assume that the recovery partition is the one that has been patched. When you do the direct install for the update, partition 2 is flashed (recovery) rather than partition 26 (boot). On rebooting the phone inevitably goes into boot loop.

To avoid this, I go for "select and patch a file" option, and then install again via fastboot as per the original installation. A bit of a hassle but better than the alternative!