OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car Stereo Radio Head Unit

Search This thread

Raven1783

Aug 2, 2015
I have one of these units sitting in the trunk of my car at the moment, as I just upgraded to a quadcore one.
In reference to the blue button lights, you can't change them on the single core units. The feature never worked in those.
The feature works perfectly on the new system. It looks exactly like the unit you have too.

Ah good info thanks yo

Closeenc

Oct 4, 2015
Could you please tell me how you got in touch with the manufacturer? The contact allison@szcreat.com on their site never got me a response, I have another problem I will have to hopefully get them to help me with...
I need it too even a phone number would be great ..or who supports this in America the U.S.
i cant get the unit to recognise the 5 gig drive or the other sd card i put in 16 gig..
ty IDeas?

vipersinu2

May 6, 2011
Company Name : Shenzhen Tonghai Creat Electronics Co.,Ltd.

Address : Floor 2nd,Building C11,Fuyuan Industrial Park,Xixiang Town,Baoan District,Shenzhen City,China.

Telephone : +86-755-2960 0972

FAX : +86-755-2960 0572

Contact Person : Allen Yang Direct Line : +86-13043466714

E-mail : yanghao@szcreat.com

Ruthlez Ryn0

Jul 14, 2014
I am helping a friend, who bought (what we think is the) generic 2 din model-TH8581GA. We came in to this conclusion by going thru several sites til we matched up the face plate. He bought it 2nd hand from someone overseas. All this research lead me to this thread, which I understand, you can help me establish if this is a real android or running the emulator. or do they all run emulator. He really just wants to know if its fake, can he root,recovery, and install custom roms. Any help is greatly appreciated.

imableeblob

Oct 20, 2015
4.4.4 OUKU Model version.

I have the new 4.4.4 Android head unit with the Model TH8581GA base. Heres some stats:
Size: 2DIN
System: Android 4.4.4
CPU: Quad core CORTEX A9 - 1.6 Ghz
Memory: 16GB iNAND
External Memory: Up to 32GB/TF Card
Ram: 1GB DDR3
Display Ratio: 16:9
Screen Size: 6.2 inch
Screen Resolution: 800 x 480

THIS DEVICE IS RUNNING AN-21 U's versions.
So Here are my questions:
- Can I upgrade my unit with the AN-21 U's system upgrades? This unit is running one of the older versions with the four tiles per page.
- Any modded ROMS?
- Anyone else have this device?
- This device / version has also been put on the ford variant. Anyone know about the VW model?

kabinoff

Jan 18, 2011
hey all, i have a few questions about my TH8829 MTK Wince GPS running windows 6.0 CE

1. Time, i'm in EST (-5) and in the "factory set menu" its all in chinese, i've tried all 3 factory set, and only 1 works but the time format is in 24hr and not 12. How can i resolve this issue?

2. Does anyone have any info on all the different settings in the Factory Set menu?

3. I would like to change the navigation. Its set to Km and not Miles, which is incredibly annoying, and i would ike something a bit more up to date and user friendly. ive been looking at mobilism but i'm confused as to whether or not my unit will be able to use any windows CE and how to install it. can i just load the files to the sd card, unzipped, and let the unit do the rest?

4. how can i clean up the interface, deleting any unwanted things such as calender and games?

5. can i do any updates?

thanks for all the help

mister7000

Jun 16, 2012
New York
Speaking of digitizers...
Question: I have the OUKU 6.2 DVD pure android. Bought it a couple of years back very happy with it. Only issue is that it has a RESISTIVE touch screen. Is there any way to replace it with the CAPACITIVE touch screen ?
Has anyone done this ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flukester69

Feb 29, 2012
Ottawa
www.tomishere.ca
hey all, i have a few questions about my TH8829 MTK Wince GPS running windows 6.0 CE

1. Time, i'm in EST (-5) and in the "factory set menu" its all in chinese, i've tried all 3 factory set, and only 1 works but the time format is in 24hr and not 12. How can i resolve this issue?

2. Does anyone have any info on all the different settings in the Factory Set menu?

3. I would like to change the navigation. Its set to Km and not Miles, which is incredibly annoying, and i would ike something a bit more up to date and user friendly. ive been looking at mobilism but i'm confused as to whether or not my unit will be able to use any windows CE and how to install it. can i just load the files to the sd card, unzipped, and let the unit do the rest?

4. how can i clean up the interface, deleting any unwanted things such as calender and games?

5. can i do any updates?

thanks for all the help
Ya I think us with the WinCE versions are screwed. Unless a wizkid comes along who knows how to break this thing.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Speaking of digitizers...
Question: I have the OUKU 6.2 DVD pure android. Bought it a couple of years back very happy with it. Only issue is that it has a RESISTIVE touch screen. Is there any way to replace it with the CAPACITIVE touch screen ?
Has anyone done this ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should be able to change screen, add patch to firmware.

But where do u buy screen?

ronklo

Apr 5, 2010
TH8581NC Front Camera/DVR input

Hello, I have a TH8581NC Android based HU. It has what looks like 3 video inputs. A "Camera In", "F-Camera/Aux Video In"(same cable) and "DVR Video In"
The "Camera In" input works with the backup cam when in reverse. There is a "Recorder" orange video camera Icon on the screen which I believe is a Front Camera / DVR recorder, using either the F-Camera or DVR video input, but neither one picks up video. I have tried a couple cameras. When I touch the Recorder icon, it briefly shows another recorder icon and a "Settings" icon. If I don't touch anything or tap the 2nd recorder icon, they disappear after a couple seconds and goes to the last screen. If I tap the menu button quick enough, I get options for "Storage Path", Resolution choice", "Sound record", "Clip time", "Auto Start", and "Saved File"
It seems to create a folder named "V" in the storage location I've choosen. A couple times it created a file (MP4 I think) in there but it was only about 4KB or so but it would not play, either on the unit, or on another PC.
Is there a program I can use to display video from these video input ports? I am able to view video on the F-Camera/Aux Video input using the AUX (green Icon with headphone plug)
Also, is there an app I can use on my Samsung S3 (work phone so I can't root it) that can mirror my phone to the HU and see & reply to text msgs on ?

Specs are: Cortex-A9 dual core, 1GB ram, Vndroid ver 4.4.4 MCU Ver 4.3.13-1-10-610101-150413 System Ver 2.9.5_20150413.
Thanks..

tao13

Jan 7, 2016
hi all , can upgrade 2 din mcu kld from wince to android?

Hi all
I havea 2 din car stereo with wince on it (i think),
Can i put an android on it?
at firmware version i have these:
mcu kld 12.14
dvd v03.26
hmi v11.07

Many thanks in advance

tin2001

Aug 13, 2005
NSW
Hi all
I havea 2 din car stereo with wince on it (i think),
Can i put an android on it?
at firmware version i have these:
mcu kld 12.14
dvd v03.26
hmi v11.07

Many thanks in advance
No. The WinCE units can't have Android installed.

Reasons:
It's quite likely the hardware isn't high enough spec (the CPUs are generally slower, and there's less RAM).
Hardly anyone would benefit from developing an Android build for such hardware.
Building a working Android system, and the kernel, and a bootloader for uncommon custom hardware is very difficult. It's not even remotely like building a custom ROM for well known phones.
Once you had a working build of Android, you'd then need to create apps and services to handle the MCU. Without this there's no bluetooth, no button controls, probably not even working volume control.

Find someone who would use it for music only, sell it to them, and buy a pure Android unit.

tiagodanielf

Jan 19, 2016
Does anybody knows this Ouku model

Hi everyone,

I was browsing the usual web shops to find an 7" android car radio. I found this weird Ouku car radio/tablet hybrid and wonder if anyone has more information/experience with it.
I couldn't find a consistent model name for this, sorry for that.

Since I can't post links yet, just search for "OUKU 2015 New Style Indash 7" Inch Android 4.2 Tablet Double 2 Din Universal Auto Car DVD Player 1024*600 TFT digital Capacitive Touch Screen,Support GPS Navigation,3G,WIFI,Bluetooth,iPod,CPU Allwinner A31S,2GMB DDR3 RAM,16GB ROM Flash,Support HDMI 1080p,720p full screen HD output,Detachable Panel" in Amazon.com, or "car-pad DM7841C" in youtube.

Thank you for helping!

Zornox

Feb 4, 2016
Just bought this headunit. Wanting to Root and Custom Rom

I believe I have finally found out that I have bought this OUKU Unbranded headunit. Been doing some research to find out the model and make and all that. Any ways, Can I be pointed in the right direction to root and put custom roms on this device? Currently I don't like the way it's setup from the way it came. It has Android 4.4.4 With the MCU version 4.3.14-1-10-610101-150525 and the system version 2.9.5_20150722. Much help appreciated thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new version of my custom firmware. You can find it here.

I added the loader for the radio with a capacitive screen in the archive.
    Thanks 949BFN !

If you have a radio with a capacitive screen, before firmware update, you must replace ”u-boot-skip.bin” file with “u-boot-skip.bin.capacitive” (rename by removing .capacitive)

Okay, I uploaded firmware to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/e01g7pqifx66uoe/2013.3.26.MCU+2.10.8-1-10-1+system+2.13.6+Hal9k.rar

Changes made by me regarding stock version:
    • Builtin root (Superuser)
    • Support USB Bluetooth dongle to connect to the OBD2 ELM327 adapter with Bluetooth interface.
    • Support OBD2 ELM327 adapters with USB interface based on FTDI and pl2303 chips.
    • Ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks using the mode AdHoc, including OBD2 ELM327 adapters with Wi-Fi interface.
    • Supports large disks with NTFS through FUSE module
    • Automatically create APN settings in 3G-modem
    This firmware is made to Android 2.3.7.
    To get work Torque with USB OBD2-adapter, you must create file /etc/carit_version2 with "finland_rds_ru" line inside and assign permissions rw- r-- r-- to it.
    Firmware with root and bluetooth OBD 2

hi everyone
    I made a modified firmware for my Car Stereo TH8581 (is the same as Ouku) which adds root and support for external USB-Bluetooth adapters to connect Bluetooth ELM 327 (OBD 2)
    This is a link: 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=314557&view=findpost&p=19624233
    Since it's difficult to me write in English, constantly checking with Google translate, I ask to kirill.lrnv translate my post on 4pda for English-speaking users.
    OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car Stereo Radio Head Unit

Android_Radio.jpg

System specs:

Operation System: Android 2.3.4
     CPU: FREESCALE I.MX535D Cortex A8 1GHz
     Ram: DDR3 512M
     iNand Momery: 4G
     OSD Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese

Russia Map is Not available.
     Specification
    System
    External Memory Up to 32GB/SD Card
    Features Built-in Bluetooth, GPS, iPod, RDS, 3D Interface, Steering Wheel Control, WiFi, Subwoofer Output, Games, Touch Screen, SD/USB Support
    Digital TV or Analog TV Analog TV
    Display Ratio 16:9
    Screen Size 6.2 inch
    Screen Resolution 800 x 480
    OSD Languages English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese
    Media Type DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, AVI, MPEG4, CD, CD-R/RW, CD+R/RW, VCD, Mp3, WMA, JPEG, Mp4, DVD, WMV, MKV, WAV, JPG, TXT, PDF
    Radio Response Bandwidth AM: 522 KHz-1620 KHz;FM: 87.5 MHz-108 MHz

GPS
    GPS Card Slot Micro SD Card
    Support Map IGO, TOMTOM, Garmin, Sygic, Kudo
    Voice Navigation Yes
    Amplifier & Interface
    Amplifier Max Output Power / Channel Qty 45 Watts x 4
    Remote Control Yes
    Connector Type 1 x A/V IN, 1 x A/V OUT, 1 x REARCAMERA, 1 x STEERING WHEEL CONTROL, 1 x IPOD, 1 x TV ANTENNA, 1 x POWER, 1 x AUX-IN, 1 x SUBWOOFER, 1 x USB, 1 x GPS ANTENNA

General
    Type 2 Din
    Color Black
    What's in the box
    1 x DVD host
    1 x Remote control
    1 x User's manual
    1 x Cable set
    1 x iPod cable
    1 x WiFi USB Adapter
    1 x GPS antenna
    1 x Stylus pen
    Figured I would update the ROM to include steering wheel controls for all Android apps (there is only Next, Prev and Play/Pause, since there is no steering wheel control function for Stop and FFWD and RWD don't seem to work).

There are 4 versions:

Resistive USB OBDII SW Controls.zip
    - This is for resistive screen units that use a USB OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Resistive BT OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for resistive screen units that use a BT OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Capacitive USB OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for capacitive screen units that use a USB OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Capacitive BT OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for capacitive screen units that use a BT OBDII dongle with Torque Pro

For anyone that doesn't want to flash a full rom, you can just place the keypad.kl file in the /system/usr/keylayout/ folder.

Controls will only work when none of the native apps (Ipod, Radio, DVD, TV, AuxIn, etc) are active, controls have been tested with Pandora, AOSP Gingerbread Music Player and Muisc Player Pro, but should work with pretty much any media player.

Credit to @donaldta for helping me figure out the correct name for the keylayout file

Use at your own risk. The updates don't include any MCU update so you should be safe to flash regardless of your MCU version.
    This firmware is for the Ouku unit.

For the sake of completeness I will update this post to show everything included in the most recent ROM:
    Based on the one from 7/16/13 originally edited by Hal9K_
    Built in root (Superuser)
    Support USB Bluetooth dongle to connect to the OBD2 ELM327 adapter with Bluetooth interface.
    Support OBD2 ELM327 adapters with USB interface based on FTDI and pl2303 chips.
    Ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks using the mode AdHoc, including OBD2 ELM327 adapters with Wi-Fi interface.
    Supports large disks with NTFS through FUSE module
    Automatically create APN settings in 3G-modem
    /cache fix allows downloading of large apps from the Play Store.
    Added cp210x.ko module for support of additional USB OBD2 adapters.
    Added keypad.kl file for support of SW controls in all Android apps.

Torque Pro USB versions include:
    carit_version2 file in /system/etc folder this allows Torque Pro to automatically use the supported USB OBD2 adapters.

If you don't plan on using Torque Pro you can download either version for your screen type.
    Hey, Gerry from YouTube here. Thanks for starting this thread. I hope this unit and units like it get some love in the future. I'd be thrilled to see some version of CyanogenMod on this thing. ;)

Here's my video review if anyone is interested.
    Ouku 6.2" Android Head Unit review