OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car Stereo Radio Head Unit

Search This thread

dudibar

Jul 25, 2016
a problem with WiFi and Bluetooth

Does anyone have an update. mcu android 4.3.10.1-1-10-612101 system version - 2.8.8
I have a problem with WiFi and Bluetooth
6.2" Double din
CPU: Dual Core A9
Android 4.2.2
Thanks to all helpers

Nawafplus1

Jan 13, 2015
Please help me
how to install the root And update ?
Android 2.3.7
CPU: FREESCALE I.MX535D Cortex A8 1GHz
Ram: DDR3 512M
iNand Momery: 8G
Screen resolution: 800×480 pixels
Screen Size: 5.83 inches
MCU version: 2.10.6-1-10-1
System version: 2.13.2​

Last edited:

tao13

Jan 7, 2016
Hi all
I havea 2 din car stereo with wince on it (i think),
at firmware version i have these:
mcu kld 12.14
dvd v03.26
hmi v11.07
My device not read dvd/cd , sd card and USB.
Anybody had this problme?
I found the mcu is on dvd unit on the back of this board and all commands for sd and usb begin from dvd unit.
Somebody can help with some diagnostic software for win ce or rewrite firmware for this mcu KLD?
Some mcu KLD links?
Many thanks in advance

tin2001

Aug 13, 2005
NSW
Hi all
I havea 2 din car stereo with wince on it (i think),

If it's got WinCE, this is not the right place - this is for the pure Android units.
My only suggestions would be factory reset it, and if that doesn't work, buy a new unit. Your chances of repairing a hardware fault are very slim, and after hours of fixing it, you're still going to be using an old, cheap WinCE unit.

jaquer

May 25, 2017
problema con android

buenas amigos
resuta que tengo una unidad que se parece al modelo TH8581GA
pues me muestra un anuncio que dice
lamentablemente la aplicacion disc se detuvo
y no me deja hacer nada ya instale varios firmwares para ver si correjia y sigue igual aveces con uno no muestra nada pero no puedo usar los botones
me preguntaba si alguien tiene el firm original de este modelo estoy perdido:crying:

droid-man57

Sep 16, 2012
Beaverton
May have already been brought up here, but...

I've got an unnamed Chinese 2-DIN radio head in my 2007 Hyundai Azera, running Android 4.0.3, Model Number Full AOSP on SMDKV210, Kernel Version 3.0.8 jw@HP-Z220#1, IAP Version 0002, Model Name I006, Build Number IML74K-20140822; that's all from the "About Device" page on the radio. I have no idea what MCU it has. I'm looking for an update to the OS version if anyone knows if there is one. . . Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Rice13318

Apr 30, 2018
Good day all, I am pleased to have stumbled upon this thread while looking at Youtube for information on a Head Unit being sold on Amazon as the "TOCADO 6.2'' Car Stereo Radio Double 2 DIN Navigation TouchScreen Car DVD Player In-dash Car Audio AM/FM Radio Bluetooth USB SD Ipod with Backup Camera."

From the comments and descriptions given on this thread, the OUKO and TOCADO are the same however from what I've seen thus far you seem to have a better manual than what is given with the TOCADO.

Can anyone give me a link for a OUKU manual?

Rice13318

Apr 30, 2018
Hey! I'm new to this forum so I'm now seeing these post, can you direct me to the link for the updated firmware? The old link no longer works.

The bluetooth adapter must be plugged in to the rear USB connector , a four-port USB hub can be used.
Ca-Fi and TN8581 - two different units, similar in appearance. This firmware is for the Chinese TN8581, not for Ca-Fi!
If you have a radio with a capacitive screen, before firmware update, you must replace ” u-boot-skip.bin” with “u-boot-skip.bin.capacitive” (rename by removing .capacitive)

L].
I don’t advise to use Chinese adapters with dx and ali on clone of CSR chip. It loses connection and sometimes, comes up with an error of 7 ghost devices.
To turn on the Bluetooth and establish connection to ELM 327, you can use any third-party application such as “Quick Bluetooth Lite” that can manage Bluetooth settings.
Known issue: If an external Bluetooth enabled, the radio tries to pair with it. But, since “Torque” able to turn on or off Bluetooth, it is not very scary.
As an extra, now you can share files with your phone via Bluetooth.

All done, time to go make a pizza.""

To update firmware, simply unzip files to the root of SDcard. Turn off the device(ignition on), insert SDcard; while holding "menu" button push power button. That simple.[/QUOTE]

tou1341

Jun 28, 2018
Hello,

please I need a zip file system for my android car 6.0.1, to make hard reset.

There are 5 files in the zip file
318a2e70-44bf-11e1-b1cf-000c29ba27c0
system.img
u-boot-skip.bin
uImage
uramdisk.img.

Kindest reagrds

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Hello,

please I need a zip file system for my android car6.0.1, to make hard reset.

There are 5 files in the zip file
318a2e70-44bf-11e1-b1cf-000c29ba27c0
system.img
u-boot-skip.bin
uImage
uramdisk.img.

Kindest reagrds

playu

Jul 2, 2015
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I wanted to ask you a question if it's possible.
I have for more than 1 year a QuadCore-r16 with android 6.01 my MCU is 5.3.19-98-13-E56201-160826.
Recently I have stopped working the controls at the wheel, the internal connection is as I installed it, could I solve a firmware update? Greetings and thank you very much and sorry for my bad English.

sundayman

May 19, 2008
Hello. I have problem with my XTRONS TD710A unit. I made "factory reset" and lost some xtrons applications (probaby erased from internal memory).
Have anybody original firmware files from this device ? Info about device :
512 DDR3 800 RAM
Android 2.3.7
MCU ver. 2.11.1-1-02-1
system ver. 2.20.21
DVD ver.2.13.11-1200wb

katerini1

Oct 4, 2017
Compliments of Gerry and his YouTube video review, linked are the update files for this unit. These files upgrade the units MCU version from 2.8.42 to 2.10.6-1-10-1 and System from 2.12.10 to version 2.12.32. This does not update the version of Android. Honestly I don't think anyone's knows exactly what the update does but hopefully it helps performance in some way and who doesn't want to be up to date. I am not sure where Gerry received these files and I hope he does not get mad at me for posting them here. :silly:

Instructions, there is a PDF file inside or check out Gerry's video here:

Enjoy!

http://www.cnkick.com/litb/Downfile/421645ROM_MCU2.10.6-1-10-12.12.32.zip
thanks all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new version of my custom firmware. You can find it here.

I added the loader for the radio with a capacitive screen in the archive.
    Thanks 949BFN !

If you have a radio with a capacitive screen, before firmware update, you must replace ”u-boot-skip.bin” file with “u-boot-skip.bin.capacitive” (rename by removing .capacitive)

Okay, I uploaded firmware to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/e01g7pqifx66uoe/2013.3.26.MCU+2.10.8-1-10-1+system+2.13.6+Hal9k.rar

Changes made by me regarding stock version:
    • Builtin root (Superuser)
    • Support USB Bluetooth dongle to connect to the OBD2 ELM327 adapter with Bluetooth interface.
    • Support OBD2 ELM327 adapters with USB interface based on FTDI and pl2303 chips.
    • Ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks using the mode AdHoc, including OBD2 ELM327 adapters with Wi-Fi interface.
    • Supports large disks with NTFS through FUSE module
    • Automatically create APN settings in 3G-modem
    This firmware is made to Android 2.3.7.
    To get work Torque with USB OBD2-adapter, you must create file /etc/carit_version2 with "finland_rds_ru" line inside and assign permissions rw- r-- r-- to it.
    Firmware with root and bluetooth OBD 2

hi everyone
    I made a modified firmware for my Car Stereo TH8581 (is the same as Ouku) which adds root and support for external USB-Bluetooth adapters to connect Bluetooth ELM 327 (OBD 2)
    This is a link: 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=314557&view=findpost&p=19624233
    Since it's difficult to me write in English, constantly checking with Google translate, I ask to kirill.lrnv translate my post on 4pda for English-speaking users.
    OUKU - Unbranded 6.2" 2 DIN Android Car Stereo Radio Head Unit

Android_Radio.jpg

System specs:

Operation System: Android 2.3.4
     CPU: FREESCALE I.MX535D Cortex A8 1GHz
     Ram: DDR3 512M
     iNand Momery: 4G
     OSD Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese

Russia Map is Not available.
     Specification
    System
    External Memory Up to 32GB/SD Card
    Features Built-in Bluetooth, GPS, iPod, RDS, 3D Interface, Steering Wheel Control, WiFi, Subwoofer Output, Games, Touch Screen, SD/USB Support
    Digital TV or Analog TV Analog TV
    Display Ratio 16:9
    Screen Size 6.2 inch
    Screen Resolution 800 x 480
    OSD Languages English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese
    Media Type DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, AVI, MPEG4, CD, CD-R/RW, CD+R/RW, VCD, Mp3, WMA, JPEG, Mp4, DVD, WMV, MKV, WAV, JPG, TXT, PDF
    Radio Response Bandwidth AM: 522 KHz-1620 KHz;FM: 87.5 MHz-108 MHz

GPS
    GPS Card Slot Micro SD Card
    Support Map IGO, TOMTOM, Garmin, Sygic, Kudo
    Voice Navigation Yes
    Amplifier & Interface
    Amplifier Max Output Power / Channel Qty 45 Watts x 4
    Remote Control Yes
    Connector Type 1 x A/V IN, 1 x A/V OUT, 1 x REARCAMERA, 1 x STEERING WHEEL CONTROL, 1 x IPOD, 1 x TV ANTENNA, 1 x POWER, 1 x AUX-IN, 1 x SUBWOOFER, 1 x USB, 1 x GPS ANTENNA

General
    Type 2 Din
    Color Black
    What's in the box
    1 x DVD host
    1 x Remote control
    1 x User's manual
    1 x Cable set
    1 x iPod cable
    1 x WiFi USB Adapter
    1 x GPS antenna
    1 x Stylus pen
    Figured I would update the ROM to include steering wheel controls for all Android apps (there is only Next, Prev and Play/Pause, since there is no steering wheel control function for Stop and FFWD and RWD don't seem to work).

There are 4 versions:

Resistive USB OBDII SW Controls.zip
    - This is for resistive screen units that use a USB OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Resistive BT OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for resistive screen units that use a BT OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Capacitive USB OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for capacitive screen units that use a USB OBDII dongle with Torque Pro
    Capacitive BT OBDII SW Controls.zip - This is for capacitive screen units that use a BT OBDII dongle with Torque Pro

For anyone that doesn't want to flash a full rom, you can just place the keypad.kl file in the /system/usr/keylayout/ folder.

Controls will only work when none of the native apps (Ipod, Radio, DVD, TV, AuxIn, etc) are active, controls have been tested with Pandora, AOSP Gingerbread Music Player and Muisc Player Pro, but should work with pretty much any media player.

Credit to @donaldta for helping me figure out the correct name for the keylayout file

Use at your own risk. The updates don't include any MCU update so you should be safe to flash regardless of your MCU version.
    This firmware is for the Ouku unit.

For the sake of completeness I will update this post to show everything included in the most recent ROM:
    Based on the one from 7/16/13 originally edited by Hal9K_
    Built in root (Superuser)
    Support USB Bluetooth dongle to connect to the OBD2 ELM327 adapter with Bluetooth interface.
    Support OBD2 ELM327 adapters with USB interface based on FTDI and pl2303 chips.
    Ability to connect to Wi-Fi networks using the mode AdHoc, including OBD2 ELM327 adapters with Wi-Fi interface.
    Supports large disks with NTFS through FUSE module
    Automatically create APN settings in 3G-modem
    /cache fix allows downloading of large apps from the Play Store.
    Added cp210x.ko module for support of additional USB OBD2 adapters.
    Added keypad.kl file for support of SW controls in all Android apps.

Torque Pro USB versions include:
    carit_version2 file in /system/etc folder this allows Torque Pro to automatically use the supported USB OBD2 adapters.

If you don't plan on using Torque Pro you can download either version for your screen type.
    Hey, Gerry from YouTube here. Thanks for starting this thread. I hope this unit and units like it get some love in the future. I'd be thrilled to see some version of CyanogenMod on this thing. ;)

Here's my video review if anyone is interested.
    Ouku 6.2" Android Head Unit review