• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Our Beloved note 7 will not work in the U.S. after Feb 2022

Search This thread

drarkanex

Feb 15, 2008
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
With ATT closing 3g voice calls on Feb 2022 and the Note 7 can't do VoLTE (at least mine can't with LineageOS 18.1 and it couldn't do it with Stock MIUI rom), after Feb 2022, at least in the US, our phones are going to become 4g Hotspots only. Supposedly the radios are Snapdragon X12's and there are a few Snapdragon X12's that can use other LTE bands. What is the fate of our beloved note 7's? Can anyone shed some light on this better for me, because the way I see it, Most of the Xiaomi, if not all of Xiaomi's product line will cease to function as voice calling units after Feb 2022 in the U.S.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
So, I traded in my Note 7 for a One plus Nord 5g. I'm very sad.. but this new phone is not half bad.
I get something that has a SD card slot... a data drive. If you have a large data base it's the only way to go. Having no SD card makes reloads longer and harder.
The OS, apps and download folder go in the faster internal memory. You get the 512 gb variants mostly for the larger RAM* which uses very little additional battery.
Right now I would get a Note 10+ 512gb (Pie) or a Note 20 Ultra (Q). They are both solid, well built phones... and have drop dead gorgeous displays.

New releases should be coming in 2022 that may be better, but will have 11 or 12, not good.
So far Android 11 is a dog, Pie is still my preferred weapon of choice, no scope storage, full overlay support. Karma Firewall retains full functionality in Pie.

*I use about 60gb of internal memory vs 340gb of card memory. All internal memory data is completely expendable in a system crash. The SD card is also redundantly backed up by a .5 tb flash drive and 2+ hdds. I take it seriously🤣

Reactions: drarkanex

drarkanex

Feb 15, 2008
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I get something that has a SD card slot... a data drive. If you have a large data base it's the only way to go. Having no SD card makes reloads longer and harder.
The OS, apps and download folder go in the faster internal memory. You get the 512 gb variants mostly for the larger RAM* which uses very little additional battery.
Right now I would get a Note 10+ 512gb (Pie) or a Note 20 Ultra (Q). They are both solid, well built phones... and have drop dead gorgeous displays.

New releases should be coming in 2022 that may be better, but will have 11 or 12, not good.
So far Android 11 is a dog, Pie is still my preferred weapon of choice, no scope storage, full overlay support. Karma Firewall retains full functionality in Pie.

*I use about 60gb of internal memory vs 340gb of card memory. All internal memory data is completely expendable in a system crash. The SD card is also redundantly backed up by a .5 tb flash drive and 2+ hdds. I take it seriously🤣
This Oneplus Nord N10 5g has a SD slot, 128GB onboard storage and 6GB ram with a 90hz screen and only cost me $50 after my note 7 trade in. I can't do samsung, ever again. Oneplus is not a bad rig..

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
This Oneplus Nord N10 5g has a SD slot, 128GB onboard storage and 6GB ram with a 90hz screen and only cost me $50 after my note 7 trade in. I can't do samsung, ever again. Oneplus is not a bad rig..
Sounds good🤗

There's been a lot of issues with most of the high refresh rate devices, I'm not so confident in them.
Samsung can be a handful but in general their flagship phones rock but you need to scrutinize each model carefully. They still are the most customizable stock phones on the planet.
Buds+ ($100) are fully functional on a Samsung device and only they use the proprietary SSC codec. It is a good bt codec maybe equal to LDAC.
Their customer service is horrible🤣

Reactions: drarkanex

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With this code I enabled VoLTE on miui, but in Germany. *#*#86583#*#*
    That sound Mr. Anderson, is the inevitable sound of progress...
    Woe to the electric meters and alarm systems that depend on 3G.
    That sound Mr. Anderson, is the inevitable sound of progress...
    Woe to the electric meters and alarm systems that depend on 3G.
    Yes, I know.. just wanted to go a bit further
    So, I traded in my Note 7 for a One plus Nord 5g. I'm very sad.. but this new phone is not half bad.