Question Out of the loop: Considering Oneplus Nord 2 for my wife, thoughts?

Search This thread

subevenis

May 25, 2022
So I am considering getting a Oneplus Nord 2 which I figured just came out this month, right?
I myself have a 7T 128Gb which I really love. Only thing is its head heavyness due to the camera.
My wife just wants a better cam than her Huawei P90 lite and more storage space. Other than that I think she is not such a nerd like me ;)
Anyways: I have been shocked about the fact that there are som many new Oneplus phones out there these days! And reading through all the specs man, I gotta tell you it kills me. It just doesn't tell my anything VidMate Mobdro.
So my question would be: Is the Nord 2 a great buy for 399 € if my wife needs a very nice cam and lots of space? She would also need a safe case, she drops her phones A LOT!
I read some beef here about Oneplus quality and all...
Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:

frgo

Jul 17, 2011
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy S4
One plus nord 2 came out in july last year...

And if you consider buying it: just... just don't. It's full of bugs and stock camera sucks big time. You might get better results with gcam but still... unacceptable.

Performance and battery life is good though...

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
OnePlus 9 Pro
OPPO Find X3 Pro
So I am considering getting a Oneplus Nord 2 which I figured just came out this month, right?
I myself have a 7T 128Gb which I really love. Only thing is its head heavyness due to the camera.
My wife just wants a better cam than her Huawei P90 lite and more storage space. Other than that I think she is not such a nerd like me ;)
Anyways: I have been shocked about the fact that there are som many new Oneplus phones out there these days! And reading through all the specs man, I gotta tell you it kills me. It just doesn't tell my anything.
So my question would be: Is the Nord 2 a great buy for 399 € if my wife needs a very nice cam and lots of space? She would also need a safe case, she drops her phones A LOT!
I read some beef here about Oneplus quality and all...
Thanks for your thoughts!
Unless you really consider the price aspect, then yes, the Nord 2 can be a nice choice, but you might have to work on it a little to install a custom ROM and fine tune a few things up before being able to get the best of it.

One the other hand, I might suggest getting a OnePlus 9 Pro (its price is decreasing quite often since the OnePlus 10 Pro release) if you want a really nice camera setup and overall specs.

And if you want to split the pear in half, maybe considering a OnePlus Nord 2T 5G in its 12Go RAM/256Go ROM configuration could be the best affordable choice (529€, else, the base storage/RAM capacity is at 429€, but you'll get a better camera setup than the Nord 2).