Do you like my tweaked build.prop's?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
Sorry everyone I was busy with GingerSense (I didn't get to finish it because my mom's desktop is slow and internet is slow but I'm trying to make it work for now ).

Anyway as with any mod, tweak, rom, etc. Start with the latest and if it isn't working then go back a release and try that to see if that works better. Repeat that until you find one of my old releases that works (I'd go with v1.2...).

http://www.mediafire.com/?0pm740g4xv0b0

In the meantime I'm working on a big v1.5 update that I wont release for testing this weekend because I won't have enough time to finish all my updates to the script and test. But!!! It will most likely be released next week sometime.

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA Premium App
thanks for the link man. i want to try the ones before i moved to see for sure what my speed differences are. so i know if im improving or not.;)

rundmcarlson

Mar 30, 2010
kifno, i want to know why my build prop wont work. i did uncapped 768,1.5 and no battery tweak this time. i used setcpu before flashing this tweak if that matters(sobe ap5) and im running aosp 2.3 latest version(3/26)

It clearly states, in the first post, "DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT USE SETCPU"...

A

AspenTree

my laptop charger has arrived :D ups wasn't delievering it....it arrived in the mail XD

so now i can really get to work on this stuff ALL DAY :D should have v1.5 up sometime this week or maybe MAYBE tomorrow if i can get my latest gingersense build done tonight and then i'll just focus on v1.5 all tomorrow :D

big weight off my shoulders now that this charger has arrived

this time my dog is staying AS FAR AWAY from my charger as possible

fowenati

Sep 16, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
my laptop charger has arrived :D ups wasn't delievering it....it arrived in the mail XD

so now i can really get to work on this stuff ALL DAY :D should have v1.5 up sometime this week or maybe MAYBE tomorrow if i can get my latest gingersense build done tonight and then i'll just focus on v1.5 all tomorrow :D

Ahah awesome

silberj

Oct 3, 2010
Vine Grove, KY

Giddy with excitement!

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

A

AspenTree

Giddy with excitement!

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

Compiling rom from source as I speak. Though some apps are partially downloaded so I have to re sync from source to get 100% of all files. Wooo! This is exciting :)

Edit : remember once I update gingersense expect a update for this script soon after

Pyr0TeK

Mar 11, 2010
Isle of Android
Compiling rom from source as I speak. Though some apps are partially downloaded so I have to re sync from source to get 100% of all files. Wooo! This is exciting :)

Edit : remember once I update gingersense expect a update for this script soon after
You should add a date to this thread topic so when we look at our subscriptions, we'll know when the OP has an update. :)

A

AspenTree

You should add a date to this thread topic so when we look at our subscriptions, we'll know when the OP has an update. :)

I don't remember when I released the last stable version. So I'll just add a date when I release v1.5 this week.

A

AspenTree

i haven't updated gingersense yet so that means sadly that i won't be updating this until then BUT!!!

if you've donated to me (either now, or in the past) please pm me i have a special gift for you that i have decided to start giving all of my donators :D

A

AspenTree

cool i've just pm'd like 10 people the gift and they all like it :D hope you like it too bro. its just a little something from me to you to show my appreciation for your appreciation and kindness

Pyr0TeK

Mar 11, 2010
Isle of Android
...waiting... waiting... waiting.... even though some of us haven't donated to you... I think those of us who have had to rebuild our phones and/or nandroid back a couple hundred times helping test your builds should be included. Time = money ...waiting... waiting... waiting.... all I want is better 3G speeds and better battery life... I could really care less about anything else. :)

A

AspenTree

Did my suggestions ever work?

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Yes just it wasn't the best way to go about using the script. I have a better method but I haven't released yet because all my focus is on gingersense for now.

A

AspenTree

...waiting... waiting... waiting.... even though some of us haven't donated to you... I think those of us who have had to rebuild our phones and/or nandroid back a couple hundred times helping test your builds should be included. Time = money ...waiting... waiting... waiting.... all I want is better 3G speeds and better battery life... I could really care less about anything else. :)

If you were a faithful tester of this please pm me because your time is money. I have a gift for you.

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
+ 10 :p :D

A

AspenTree

If my compiling friend can decompile and edit the styles.xml and recompile for me tonight then I can have v1.5 out tomorrow. But if he can't hopefully someone else can tonight so I can update this thread tomorrow :D if you will be available in about 7-9 hours from now to do that for me (if my friend isn't available ) then pm me if you can do that for me and ill pm you what I need you to do to the styles.xml for my framework-Res.apk ill pm you.

So don't worry everyone a update to this shall be sooner than you think.

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
hey kif would you mind sending me a flashable zip for version 0.8 i remember i had the best 3g speeds on that one i need it for aospcmod and i would really aprechiate it.:)

oostah

Oct 15, 2010
Cullowhee
Sorry everyone I was busy with GingerSense (I didn't get to finish it because my mom's desktop is slow and internet is slow but I'm trying to make it work for now ).

Anyway as with any mod, tweak, rom, etc. Start with the latest and if it isn't working then go back a release and try that to see if that works better. Repeat that until you find one of my old releases that works (I'd go with v1.2...).

http://www.mediafire.com/?0pm740g4xv0b0

In the meantime I'm working on a big v1.5 update that I wont release for testing this weekend because I won't have enough time to finish all my updates to the script and test. But!!! It will most likely be released next week sometime.

Here's a post with all the tweek zips

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    popcorn.gif
    Thread closed.
    Back on topic...

I have been monitoring this thread wondering when I need to jump in and the time is now. XDA is a place for leaning and developers should be responsible when releasing their work.

Having said that, kifno is free to release his work as long as he abides by the forum rules. Members SHOULD post feedback about the work released in this thread…BUT...the bickering back and forth needs to stop. This is a PUBLIC forum and it is not the place for arguments. I have cleaned this thread (a little) and I ask that this thread gets back on topic and stays there.

Members should carefully research anything before they even consider putting them on their device. In other words....FLASHER BEWARE. ;)

If anyone feels the need to respond to me please do not do it in this thread send me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

krook6023 (mod team)
    ... v1.6 will be strictly my work only ... I'm doing the things I used others work to do, my own way ... strictly kifno work ... I'm just thinking of some more kernel tweaks for ipv4 network connections, and I'm thinking of other tweaks to do to other root files ...

<personal opinion>
    For a previous employer, I spent more years than I would care to admit as a software architect, and I can testify that I have never produced anything that was not a derivative work, everything was based on synthesis, expansion, and integration of others work. (I would, however claim that in many cases the derivation produced a result that others found valuable, and in most cases required a non-trivial effort.) I would also say that every software developer I know would, in honesty, have to say the same. The "their work" / "my work" dichotomy misses the basic point that we are all dependent on the environment that has been created by those who came before us. Placing the last brick on the pyramid does not make one responsible for the building of the pyramid. There can certainly be value added in producing derivative works, but it is dependent on the community of practice that has developed and built the environment that we are trying to move forward.

"We are like dwarfs perched on the shoulders of giants, and thus we are able to see more and farther than the latter. And this is not at all because of the acuteness of our sight or the stature of our body, but because we are carried aloft and elevated by the magnitude of the giants"
    - Bernard of Chartres - 12th Century

"If I have seen further it is only by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    - Isaac Newton - 17th Century

My personal opinion is that one of the reasons others give you such a hard time is that there is a communication gap created by a perception of a lack of humility along with a lack or appreciation/accreditation for those who came before. This may not be your intention, but I can see how people can come to that perspective. The meaning of any communication is determined by the receiver with the burden being on the speaker to produce a shared interpretation. The interpretation the listener makes is the communication received, regardless of the interpretation you intended to produce. I believe that you would be better served by claiming less, crediting more, and leaving the assessment of value to others. In the open market, it is the consumer who ultimately determines the value of any offer. You cannot build a reputation for excellence by personal declaration of the greatness of your offer, only by the assessment of others who perceive a commitment to excellence and declare the value that the offer produced.

It is extremely difficult to support a claim of completely original work in this space, when there is a preponderance of prior art using similar approaches. It's like building a car and declaring you are not going to use wheels, because you didn't invent them, then later claiming "Yes, I used wheels, but these wheels are completely different". As you have seen, people will look for evidence of prior art, and they will find it. The value added is not in the "invention", but in the "innovation" (adoption by a community of practice).
    </personal opinion>
    FYI: There is a new app in the market called Battery Calibration that will reset your batterystats.bin file once the phone is fully charged, so you can use it and forget about it and not boot back into recovery..