• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Outer/Cover Display Screen Protector

Search This thread

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Whitestone has a ez screen protector and also a liquid adhered protector. I have installed ez one without trouble since a few days before official release and it's still holding strong. You also get 2 for like $10 so you can't really beat it

Reactions: pieces of cake

pieces of cake

Whitestone has a ez screen protector and also a liquid adhered protector. I have installed ez one without trouble since a few days before official release and it's still holding strong. You also get 2 for like $10 so you can't really beat it
Looks like it might have trouble fitting properly if used with a case. The black border looks problematic. Have you used it with a case and, if so, do you have any pics or comments on that? Thanks.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I'm trying to figure out the best front screen protector as well. I would prefer tempered glass but have only seen a couple and not in stock at the moment. Still have the stock one on it but it's starting to bubble and peel/Crack on the sides.

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
I'm using these white stone dome front tempered glass screen protector. I got two of them for $10. They work decent with a case. But make sure it is a minimalistic case like the Samsung carbon fiber.

Sonin66

Dec 15, 2012
Cleveland, OH
Looks like it might have trouble fitting properly if used with a case. The black border looks problematic. Have you used it with a case and, if so, do you have any pics or comments on that? Thanks.
I am currently using samsungs silicone case and there is no problems with it coming off. Have not tried with a heavy duty case but I honestly don't see it as a problem

ShaKki

Jul 26, 2011
Frankfurt
I got my leather case (samsung one) today and love it. However as soon as i applied it the cover screen plastic protector came off in the edge so i just removed it.

since it seems pretty thick on the inside - is there any 9h glass available yet which fits with the case? Or can i go to a samsung store and they reapply the plastic one on the cover screen?

i dont mind paying

I have been pushing the limits on my Zfold 3 at times still it works fine. The device is surprisingly strong enough for a folding phone in general.
I was skeptical at the beginning. so, I applied Gadgetshieldz's screen protector within a couple of days of having the device and their Screen protector fits well and doesn't have any problem with the foldability of the device . I've seen people's protection film ripping off and I don't have that issue with the one I have. The excisting screen protector will work fine if you have issues with that try Gadgetshieldz.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I'm using these white stone dome front tempered glass screen protector. I got two of them for $10. They work decent with a case. But make sure it is a minimalistic case like the Samsung carbon fiber.
I'm waiting on these to get delivered to me today actually. The stock one on my front screen is starting bubble and peel up on the side. My case kinda covers it up but the stock one is also picking up quite a few scratches. Hopefully these will do the job. Isn't that easy to fine a good tempered glass screen protector for this device. Spigen looks to be coming out with one but not available yet.

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
I'm waiting on these to get delivered to me today actually. The stock one on my front screen is starting bubble and peel up on the side. My case kinda covers it up but the stock one is also picking up quite a few scratches. Hopefully these will do the job. Isn't that easy to fine a good tempered glass screen protector for this device. Spigen looks to be coming out with one but not available yet.
I had Spigen EZ for front screen and it is crap. Peeled off next day and applied Whitestone Dome.

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I had Spigen EZ for front screen and it is crap. Peeled off next day and applied Whitestone Dome.
Hmm, not sure what that one is. I haven't seen a front screen protector from Spigen anywhere. The one I was referring to is the one below, which is the only one on their site and doesn't appear to be out yet since it says coming soon.

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
Hmm, not sure what that one is. I haven't seen a front screen protector from Spigen anywhere. The one I was referring to is the one below, which is the only one on their site and doesn't appear to be out yet since it says coming soon.

Yeah, exactly this one. My mistake I wrote EZ.
In UK is available from Amazon.

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-26 o 16.33.30.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2021-09-26 o 16.33.30.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 42

pieces of cake

Anyone got a recommendation for a good case? Id normally use Spigen but some of their case prices are ambitious to say the least.
I'm using the Ringke Slim and I really like it. I ordered the Spigen S Pen case, but it won't ship for another week or so. Looks bigger than I'd like, but definitely need something I can switch to when I really need to carry the S Pen and don't want to have it loose in a pocket.

I also ordered the official Samsung Aramid case (which also won't arrive for another week or two). Based on the reports I've read and the pics I've seen, the Aramid appears to be the slimmest case available for the ZF3. I hate bulky cases, especially on a device that's as large as the ZF3, so I'm guessing I'll probably settle on the Aramid for 90% of my daily use.

Reactions: Razuddin
I'm using the Ringke Slim and I really like it. I ordered the Spigen S Pen case, but it won't ship for another week or so. Looks bigger than I'd like, but definitely need something I can switch to when I really need to carry the S Pen and don't want to have it loose in a pocket.

I also ordered the official Samsung Aramid case (which also won't arrive for another week or two). Based on the reports I've read and the pics I've seen, the Aramid appears to be the slimmest case available for the ZF3. I hate bulky cases, especially on a device that's as large as the ZF3, so I'm guessing I'll probably settle on the Aramid for 90% of my daily use.
Thanks buddy, how are you finding the ringke slim? I was keen on that until i read a few amazon reviews mentioning the case had scratched their devices? Have you had any such issue? Would be good to hear if you used the sticky pads and if they are easy/hard to remove.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone got a recommendation for a good case? Id normally use Spigen but some of their case prices are ambitious to say the least.

Thanks buddy, thats good to hear. Il be ordering a ringke slim to start me off then
    Can anyone recommend a tempered glass or other quality screen protector for the outer cover display? Something that you've personally used and can vouch for.

Thanks in advance!
    Same. Front protector scratched on me 1st day. Also peeled up when I was opening. Need to replace.
    Same. Front protector scratched on me 1st day. Also peeled up when I was opening. Need to replace.
    Yep. Mine was basically destroyed on day 1 with normal use.