• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Outer/Cover Display Screen Protector

Search This thread

Damian

Mar 7, 2009
If you thinking to get really thin case - then Samsung Aramid Case is best choice. I had Ringke and had some 3rd party case and both been marked as a slim - shame they was twice thicker than Aramid Case.

ShaKki

Jul 26, 2011
Frankfurt
Hmm, not sure what that one is. I haven't seen a front screen protector from Spigen anywhere. The one I was referring to is the one below, which is the only one on their site and doesn't appear to be out yet since it says coming soon.

i got this one of german amazon and so far itsh olding great on the front. also fits in original samsung leather case. the hinge film is utter **** and doesnt fit

If you thinking to get really thin case - then Samsung Aramid Case is best choice. I had Ringke and had some 3rd party case and both been marked as a slim - shame they was twice thicker than Aramid Case.
Thanks buddy, i ordered the ringke slim last night. I did find the aramid case however they are on back order so il order the aramid in a few weeks and see how the ringke holds out for now.

cac9478

Jan 26, 2007
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hmm, not sure what that one is. I haven't seen a front screen protector from Spigen anywhere. The one I was referring to is the one below, which is the only one on their site and doesn't appear to be out yet since it says coming soon.

I just received mine yesterday.

The hinge film is excellent and applied perfectly the first time. It has a guide box that you line up over the Samsung logo to ensure that it is perfectly aligned. It is a super thin smooth material that feels almost like there is nothing there. After many opens and closes there is not a single sign of the film lifting and it doesn't affect the feel of the hinge motion at all. Highly recommend.

The screen protector, on the other hand, is a total POS. It is literally cut exactly the same size as the actual display so unless you are a robot there is no possible way to put it on without misaligning it and covering part of the screen. Even the slightest bit off will cause a portion of the screen to exist outside of the protector. I can only recommend this to someone with a Spigen case as this may be the only thing that fits inside of their monstrous bezels.

I am disappointed that I removed my perfectly installed factory protector for this crap. Thankfully Amazon should have a different film protector to me today, got to love same day shipping.

pieces of cake

The hinge film is excellent and applied perfectly the first time. It has a guide box that you line up over the Samsung logo to ensure that it is perfectly aligned. It is a super thin smooth material that feels almost like there is nothing there. After many opens and closes there is not a single sign of the film lifting and it doesn't affect the feel of the hinge motion at all. Highly recommend.

The screen protector, on the other hand, is a total POS. It is literally cut exactly the same size as the actual display so unless you are a robot there is no possible way to put it on without misaligning it and covering part of the screen. Even the slightest bit off will cause a portion of the screen to exist outside of the protector. I can only recommend this to someone with a Spigen case as this may be the only thing that fits inside of their monstrous bezels.

I am disappointed that I removed my perfectly installed factory protector for this crap. Thankfully Amazon should have a different film protector to me today, got to love same day shipping.
My replacement Z Fold3 (dropped the first one before I had a case), dbrand skin and Spigen hinge protection film were all waiting for me on my front porch when I got home an hour ago. Samsung's Aramid case was supposed to be delivered today but FedEx changed the delivery date to Sunday, so I suppose I'll be waiting a couple of days before I officially switch from my current ZF3 to the brand new one. I agree that Spigen's hinge protection film is great and the screen protector is trash. Guess I'm going to try my luck with the Whitestone that I have on hand...

ShaKki

Jul 26, 2011
Frankfurt

for me it was exactly the other way arround. The glass was easy to install. however the hinge film no chance lol

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
Can anyone recommend a tempered glass or other quality screen protector for the outer cover display? Something that you've personally used and can vouch for.

Thanks in advance!
I'm using Gadgetshieldz screen protector on my Z Fold 3 for 2 months now and there are no issues with it. It does provide good protection against scratches.

randylahey786

Oct 22, 2021
Looks like AliExpress carries a bunch of hinge film in a ton of different colors. No idea what the quality is like.
As I'm using it the quality feels good also they mentioned self-healing scratch protection on their website. I don't know if it's true or not but, I get numerous hairline scratches all around my display which is annoying and I had to invest in screen protectors from gadgetshieldz to cover the scratches.

pieces of cake

As I'm using it the quality feels good also they mentioned self-healing scratch protection on their website. I don't know if it's true or not but, I get numerous hairline scratches all around my display which is annoying and I had to invest in screen protectors from gadgetshieldz to cover the scratches.
Does the film you bought have folds and creases at the top and bottom of the hinge, where is wraps around the curve?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using Gadgetshieldz screen protector on my Z Fold 3 for 2 months now and there are no issues with it. It does provide good protection against scratches.
    I used this Gadgetshieldz screen protector for a while and it was pretty good and it lasted for a month for me because of my usage.
    Can anyone recommend a tempered glass or other quality screen protector for the outer cover display? Something that you've personally used and can vouch for.

Thanks in advance!
    Same. Front protector scratched on me 1st day. Also peeled up when I was opening. Need to replace.
    Same. Front protector scratched on me 1st day. Also peeled up when I was opening. Need to replace.
    Yep. Mine was basically destroyed on day 1 with normal use.
    Whitestone has a ez screen protector and also a liquid adhered protector. I have installed ez one without trouble since a few days before official release and it's still holding strong. You also get 2 for like $10 so you can't really beat it
    Anyone got a recommendation for a good case? Id normally use Spigen but some of their case prices are ambitious to say the least.
    I'm using the Ringke Slim and I really like it. I ordered the Spigen S Pen case, but it won't ship for another week or so. Looks bigger than I'd like, but definitely need something I can switch to when I really need to carry the S Pen and don't want to have it loose in a pocket.

I also ordered the official Samsung Aramid case (which also won't arrive for another week or two). Based on the reports I've read and the pics I've seen, the Aramid appears to be the slimmest case available for the ZF3. I hate bulky cases, especially on a device that's as large as the ZF3, so I'm guessing I'll probably settle on the Aramid for 90% of my daily use.