Accessories Outer Screen Protector

Search This thread
Throwing this out there for anyone else facing backorders, pre-orders, and a general lack of compatible protectors:

The tempered glass protectors for the Note 20 Ultra camera are a near perfect fit to the screen when using a case.

Having tried a proprietary film protector that got peeled off and not being able to get a new one for two weeks, I was looking around for something to use as a temporary solution. I happened to try one of the leftover glass protectors and realized it fit perfectly with a Spigen Tough Armor case. I immediately tracked down a pack without holes for the flash, ignored all the complaints about photo quality and have a set coming in two days for only $10.

That said, I also placed an order for the Spigen proprietary glass cover that should arrive in as little as 30 business days... quick...

Reactions: jc83

jc83

Apr 27, 2009
I think I will order the spigen cover now. I read on their website the protective cover covers the camera lenses fully instead of a cut out for the lenses. Do you think this will negatively impact photo quality? Thanks!

jc83

Apr 27, 2009
Thanks. I preordered them as well, if it doesn't work thats ok $15 isn't too bad to try it out.

It comes with the hinge protector too so thats cool. 👍

Reactions: twistedumbrella

Scotte87

Sep 10, 2021
I made these myself after the phone slipped out of my hand the first day and also stopped it from sliding on my center console in my truck.

Attachments

• 20210910_150112.jpg
    20210910_150112.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • 20210910_150134.jpg
    20210910_150134.jpg
    955 KB · Views: 139

jc83

Apr 27, 2009
Twisted did you get the cover protector? My phone will come in today and I have a spigen case ready to go. I saw Amazon reviews online and a reviewer said must be used with spigen case and he showed a picture of spigen cover protector + sammy case, looked bad. I guess I'll be stuck with a spigen case 🤔

Twisted did you get the cover protector? My phone will come in today and I have a spigen case ready to go. I saw Amazon reviews online and a reviewer said must be used with spigen case and he showed a picture of spigen cover protector + sammy case, looked bad. I guess I'll be stuck with a spigen case 🤔

It came. It does seem to be fit to their case, but I like it. Couldn't manage a perfect install because the lens part is super sticky, but even a couple small dust specs don't seem to mess with the camera. Ended up ordering a second pack from Amazon in case the dust ever gets to me.

Reactions: jc83

jc83

Apr 27, 2009
It came. It does seem to be fit to their case, but I like it. Couldn't manage a perfect install because the lens part is super sticky, but even a couple small dust specs don't seem to mess with the camera. Ended up ordering a second pack from Amazon in case the dust ever gets to me.
Thanks. Did you put on the hinge protector as well?

jc83

Apr 27, 2009
I used an old one. There's was nice, but hard to install because the center doesn't hold too well. I made two attempts but it kept slipping when I went to smooth it out and it's impossible to redo.

Just got our phones in. Did you put the spigen case on first and then the cover screen protector? Or vice versa? Thanks so much!

Just got our phones in. Did you put the spigen case on first and then the cover screen protector? Or vice versa? Thanks so much!

Pretty sure my mistake was doing the case first, but that's because I already had the case on when the protector arrived. The lens part almost clicks onto the lenses and lining the protector up can be done by popping the cover screen on. It should be a perfect match to the visible area.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Throwing this out there for anyone else facing backorders, pre-orders, and a general lack of compatible protectors:

The tempered glass protectors for the Note 20 Ultra camera are a near perfect fit to the screen when using a case.

Having tried a proprietary film protector that got peeled off and not being able to get a new one for two weeks, I was looking around for something to use as a temporary solution. I happened to try one of the leftover glass protectors and realized it fit perfectly with a Spigen Tough Armor case. I immediately tracked down a pack without holes for the flash, ignored all the complaints about photo quality and have a set coming in two days for only $10.

That said, I also placed an order for the Spigen proprietary glass cover that should arrive in as little as 30 business days... quick...
    I thought the lenses were still exposed. I guess they are claiming it covers them, though. It was really the only "quality" one I could find, so I took a chance knowing it worked with the case. It could be hit or miss. The Note 20 Ultra ones covered the lenses on that and the pictures were flawless.
    Thanks. I preordered them as well, if it doesn't work thats ok $15 isn't too bad to try it out.

It comes with the hinge protector too so thats cool. 👍
    Just got notification mine shipped. Now if I just had my gray z flip 3. 😁 Couple more weeks.