• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Outer vs inner screen usage

Search This thread

Noob_2009

Dec 24, 2013
%98 using the main big screen. I tried using the front screen once and was like it's just to small for YouTube and browsing the net and gaming. That's all I mainly use my phone for after using this phone since Friday

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
Exterior 6/4 internal for me.

Shifting the scale tho.
Just most of the time i quickly use the exterior.
Quick text, scrolling on youtube, fast round of clash royale, quick web look up, photo etc...

The internal screen i use for watching movies, youtube video, long message replies, deep web browsing etc..

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
I'm a primarily puter screen guy no matter how it frustrated me. It's more convenient than opening the screen. Really only use the inner screen for YouTube videos.

Arr6

Aug 24, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
If I'm on the go I use the outer screen, sitting down and media consumption it's the inner screen. I don't think the outer screen should be wider as it's perfect for one handed use. Coming from the note 20 ultra, I can appreciate being able to use one handed. Given how thick the phone is going wider would turn it back to a two handed phone.

Reactions: ronaldheld

ycats

Feb 27, 2007
Nolensville, Tennessee
Probably 90% outer screen. Hard getting used to the smaller width, been used to the Note series of phones all the way back to the Note-2. I just sent in my trade-in, which was the Note-10+. I'm thinking if they find a way to make the two pieces thinner, then going wider will feel better in our pockets. If I had two Note-10+ phones stacked, would not fit comfortably in my pocket. I'm thinking they want it to be thinner before getting wider...........just my 2 cents worth. Once they get it thinner, then wider....the inner screen would probably be 9".

AllFather

May 26, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Mostly outside screen, so like 70/30.
I like the size of the phone folded, it fits the hand nicely and is easy to use one handed.
I can touch all my fingers with my thumb across the screen, so its a great size.

If people have issues with the keyboard on the smaller screen, make the keyboard bigger.
I have normal man hands, not tiny girl hands, so maybe that's why it fits me fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I meant to ask how much you use the inner 7.6" screen versus the 6.2" screen.
    For me, i use outer for calls, maybe check messages quick, otherwise I use inside for the most part. I truly hope samsung on the f4 makes the front wider. It would then truly be like a phone, and tab in one.
    %98 using the main big screen. I tried using the front screen once and was like it's just to small for YouTube and browsing the net and gaming. That's all I mainly use my phone for after using this phone since Friday
    85% Inner and 15% Outer
    If I'm on the go I use the outer screen, sitting down and media consumption it's the inner screen. I don't think the outer screen should be wider as it's perfect for one handed use. Coming from the note 20 ultra, I can appreciate being able to use one handed. Given how thick the phone is going wider would turn it back to a two handed phone.