Outlook Calendar next event on Always on Display

Search This thread

tim3g

Aug 16, 2018
G'day Team,

Has anyone found a way to get the Always on Display to show the next event from your Outlook Calendar?

I understand it will show the next event from the Google Calendar in Android 9 and have this working correctly however I want to display my Outlook calendar.

I've tried adding my outlook calendar to the Google calendar from within the app (which works in terms of showing the appointments within the app) but the Always on Display will only display events created within the Google Calendar directly.

I love this feature (as an ex-Windows Phone user) but use Office 365\Outlook not Google Calendar.

Any suggestions on how to get around this??

Many Thanks!

sandip_909

Dec 17, 2009
I am looking for the same, but I guess AOD is designed to show only Google Calendar events. On a side note, how did you manage to add outlook calendar within Google Calendar app?

ssmantri

Sep 25, 2022
G'day Team,

Has anyone found a way to get the Always on Display to show the next event from your Outlook Calendar?

I understand it will show the next event from the Google Calendar in Android 9 and have this working correctly however I want to display my Outlook calendar.

I've tried adding my outlook calendar to the Google calendar from within the app (which works in terms of showing the appointments within the app) but the Always on Display will only display events created within the Google Calendar directly.

I love this feature (as an ex-Windows Phone user) but use Office 365\Outlook not Google Calendar.

Any suggestions on how to get around this??

Many Thanks!

you need to share your outlook calendar with either the google calendar or samsung calendar, you can go in google calendar, settings, manage calendar, add ouutlook calenar (put in your username/passoword) if its your personal email calendar, it will show up, if its your corporate calendar, your company would have disabled sharing of calendar for security reasons, and it will give error. check if you can share your corporate calendar to your gmail id. usually its blocked.

ssmantri

Sep 25, 2022
was able to successfully show the corporate calendar on AOD, go to the outlook app on your android, and select sync calendars, enable the toggle. it will sync the outlook calendar with the samsung calendar and it will show up on your AOD, just tried it on my s22 plus it works. after hrs of tinkering around.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
was able to successfully show the corporate calendar on AOD, go to the outlook app on your android, and select sync calendars, enable the toggle. it will sync the outlook calendar with the samsung calendar and it will show up on your AOD, just tried it on my s22 plus it works. after hrs of tinkering around.
Considering the Pixel 2XL isn't a Samsung device and doesn't have Samsung apps on board, he'd have to share the calendar with Google Calendar.

Not to mention that we both replied to a post that was dead and buried four years ago.

Reactions: runekock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Considering the Pixel 2XL isn't a Samsung device and doesn't have Samsung apps on board, he'd have to share the calendar with Google Calendar.

Not to mention that we both replied to a post that was dead and buried four years ago.