• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Outlook.com by Microsoft and Nexus7

Search This thread

phoneaddict13

Aug 29, 2009
Hey guys just started testing an email addy @outlook.com
Question: How do I set it up with my nexus 7? I read it uses exchange server. So I go to E-mail enter in my username/pw and it takes me to the account setup screen. And when I click next again it keeps saying "Username or password incorrect."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reactions: mister2d

oaba09

Sep 2, 2012
Try to set it up as an Exchange account with the following settings;

Domain\Username: [email protected]
Password: ********
Server: snt-m.hotmail.com

This worked for me, however I migrated my account from hotmail to outlook, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

This is a very helpful post. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate my outlook.com account into my nexus 7. This post solved my dilemma.

Reactions: JWK350

earth777

Dec 1, 2012

This worked for me, however I migrated my account from hotmail to outlook, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

for anyone else struggling, as the link says , go to Advanced settings and...
"Change the Server Address from m.hotmail.com to blu-m.hotmail.com, dub-m.hotmail.com, stn.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com"

TIP: If you want to know which server to use (as it takes a couple of minutes for each to fail), log into your hotmail webmail in a browser and once you are in your inbox, look at the URL in the address bar.

If it looks like "https://snt123.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox" then use snt-m.hotmail.com
If it looks like "https://blu123.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox" then use blu-m.hotmail.com
etc etc

Reactions: gwandana

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hey guys just started testing an email addy @outlook.com
    Question: How do I set it up with my nexus 7? I read it uses exchange server. So I go to E-mail enter in my username/pw and it takes me to the account setup screen. And when I click next again it keeps saying "Username or password incorrect."

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Have a look at this.

This is a very helpful post. I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate my outlook.com account into my nexus 7. This post solved my dilemma.

for anyone else struggling, as the link says , go to Advanced settings and...
    "Change the Server Address from m.hotmail.com to blu-m.hotmail.com, dub-m.hotmail.com, stn.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com"

TIP: If you want to know which server to use (as it takes a couple of minutes for each to fail), log into your hotmail webmail in a browser and once you are in your inbox, look at the URL in the address bar.

If it looks like "https://snt123.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox" then use snt-m.hotmail.com
    If it looks like "https://blu123.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox" then use blu-m.hotmail.com
    etc etc