Overall love

Search This thread

Eggleston11

Dec 29, 2016
Bouncetown
Excellent phone. Excellent performance and features, great looks and amazing battery life. Good development scene for my version 935F only increases this overall impression. To top it all off, it's quite water resistant. No regrets. 9.5/10

very few and minor cons:
-physical home button rather than pressure sensor home button in theory can wear out. Just my obsessive compulsive nature lol.
- curved edge made it annoying to find a screen protector that doesn't get lifted off by case.

AngeloGR

Apr 23, 2018
Limassol
redcubehost.com
I love it but i don't use it as my Note 4. I have the gold color and it looks like jewel! Beautiful but fragile with the all around glass! I don't allow anyone else from the family to touch it or use it!
I have the original Samsung Flip cover book case in gold color from the very first day and now after one year of use it is still like new. No scratches, no signs. Like i bought it today. As my other love the Note 4!
It is still with original Samsung rom, unrooted. I will never root it or flash another rom. It is prefect on all the ways.
I only have installed the S8 launcher apk and it looks like the S8 now!

Reactions: sarov

aldoblaga

Dec 19, 2009
Cluj Napoca
Overall love? TOO DAMN HIGH.
I know benchmarks don t speak the whole truth but trust me, since getting the oreo update and already having a note 8 to compare the experience with...there s NO DIFFERENCE to feel for the casual user.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180511-172850_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180511-172850_Settings.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: polya95

skezza

Sep 29, 2007
It's with a slightly (very) heavy heart I write this one. My S7 Edge will soon be retired and replaced by a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, which went on sale today and I picked up a Fan Special Edition for £200 delivered. It's true that we truly do live with our phones and my device has been through thick and thin with me, both in life and the phone-world.

I'm aware this thread hasn't been replied to since May 2018.... that's almost 2 years.... and the fact it's been so long and my overall love for this device has only wavered briefly, just shows how special this device was/is.

I was lucky enough to get my S7 Edge just a month or two after it came out in 2016 for the measly sum of £350 (the best £350 I've probably ever spent). Friend of mine got one from work but as an iPhone user, simply couldn't adapt and as such, unlocked it and sold it to me, for the price Music Magpie (a shady recycling firm in the UK) offered him.

Other than the Nexus 4, I'd never really owned a premium flagship, but even the N4 wasn't really a premium flagship. The N4 was a flagship yes, but there were corners cut to achieve that great price (I think I paid £319 for it brand new on the day of release). I got my S7 Edge setup, and realised I had the real deal. Everything was perfect on this phone. Class-leading camera, insane speed, a perfect screen and a true killer in the phone world.

Early on, I suffered the purple strip down the right hand side which many of the early models suffered. Samsung were gracious enough to replace the screen for free, despite no proof of purchase or warranty documentation.

My life went through a bit of turmoil in 2017 and 2018 and yet the one dependable thing I could rely on was my S7 Edge. It never failed. I took it abroad on work trips, holidays and football away day tours and it took a bit of battering.... case on yes, but it was dropped and thrown about a bit (it once fell out of my pocket and fell down the steps of the Crystal Palace away stand ... and still survived).

In 2019, I tried to use adopted storage with BlackDiamond after a factory reset but after a few months I started to feel like maybe the S7 Edge was nearing the end.... little did I realise the lagginess, bugginess and crashes were pretty much entirely caused by the adopted storage (imo). So with one last roll of the dice, I flashed Galaxy Note Fan Edition ROM and opted against adopted storage. Since then, it's felt like a brand new phone. Never lagging. Never struggling my every day needs and I had no plans to get rid of this phone. I would have happily used it for another year until 5G finally became a necessity.

Sadly, all that changed a few weeks ago. Not sure whether it was dropped or just had finally given up but the OLED screen began flashing badly and has only been getting worse since. It can be used only on full brightness otherwise the screen flickers intensely and even on full brightness one half of the screen is very temperamental. Tried to hold on, but I decided it's time to retire it and make it a very trusty backup phone.

So, the S7 Edge is on it's final weeks till retirement. It'll be a sad sayonara to the best phone I've ever owned (by miles...)

SkylineDriver

Nov 27, 2017
Wilmington, NC Metro :(
My Verizon S7E will be 4 years old this weekend (4/10/20). Looks brand new, runs smooth as silk (once I rooted and debloated it), and has never given me one ounce of trouble. The only thing that wore out was the charging cable and that is not the phones fault. I will continue to use this phone until it finally kicks the bucket.

God help me then, for I have no idea what will be a worthy replacement as I have no use for all the gimmicky crap being offered these days (another topic entirely).

Viva la S7edge!

Last edited:

uae timimi

Apr 22, 2020
pleasse someone

Sayonara old friend. I already miss it :(

hi i have a mobile s7 edge.. it worked very well from 2018 dec till february 2020.. suddenly blue screen appeared,,went alot of shops and found one who changed the motherboard and he had installed korean motherboard or uk i dont know..
now problem i had was frp lock..i didnt know what is it about,my friend used a recovery mode then he did first option reboot system,then wipe cache partition then mount system,bla bla... i cant go due to lock down, after geting help from another,he tried google and downloaded firmware from sammobile G935SKSU1DQG1 which is old like using a new and then changing to low,,and the shop guy told me last time itself never update device as it cant be done due to cheap board and another version,
later he tried doing downloade mode and tryung to odin firmware...which brought more probs i guess.. evening aftr trying this was the message

odin mode
download speed: Fast
product namE SM-G935S
current binary: CUSTOM
system status: OFFICIAL
frp lock: On
secure download: Enabled
warranty void: 1 (0x0400)
rp swrev: B2 k1 s1

now its
odin mode
prod---------same like upper
current binary :samsung official
system stats; official
rp swrev:B:2 K:1 S:1

tried 2 3 firmware but dont knw... i really want help guys,,it will be really appreciated,,will it wipe my data to factory?isit possible to backup?
pls i need it as soon as possible ...i am staying in united arab emirates,sharjah

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    Coming from a Note 4, this thing feels great (but Note 4 was nice). This is an upgrade in everyway, except for no S pen, which i did not use too much. This phone should last me a while, lovin it.
    My Verizon S7E will be 4 years old this weekend (4/10/20). Looks brand new, runs smooth as silk (once I rooted and debloated it), and has never given me one ounce of trouble. The only thing that wore out was the charging cable and that is not the phones fault. I will continue to use this phone until it finally kicks the bucket.

God help me then, for I have no idea what will be a worthy replacement as I have no use for all the gimmicky crap being offered these days (another topic entirely).

Viva la S7edge!
    First phone in ages that got me realy exited, and after a week of usage,, still amazed!

LOVE IT !
    It's with a slightly (very) heavy heart I write this one. My S7 Edge will soon be retired and replaced by a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S, which went on sale today and I picked up a Fan Special Edition for £200 delivered. It's true that we truly do live with our phones and my device has been through thick and thin with me, both in life and the phone-world.

I'm aware this thread hasn't been replied to since May 2018.... that's almost 2 years.... and the fact it's been so long and my overall love for this device has only wavered briefly, just shows how special this device was/is.

I was lucky enough to get my S7 Edge just a month or two after it came out in 2016 for the measly sum of £350 (the best £350 I've probably ever spent). Friend of mine got one from work but as an iPhone user, simply couldn't adapt and as such, unlocked it and sold it to me, for the price Music Magpie (a shady recycling firm in the UK) offered him.

Other than the Nexus 4, I'd never really owned a premium flagship, but even the N4 wasn't really a premium flagship. The N4 was a flagship yes, but there were corners cut to achieve that great price (I think I paid £319 for it brand new on the day of release). I got my S7 Edge setup, and realised I had the real deal. Everything was perfect on this phone. Class-leading camera, insane speed, a perfect screen and a true killer in the phone world.

Early on, I suffered the purple strip down the right hand side which many of the early models suffered. Samsung were gracious enough to replace the screen for free, despite no proof of purchase or warranty documentation.

My life went through a bit of turmoil in 2017 and 2018 and yet the one dependable thing I could rely on was my S7 Edge. It never failed. I took it abroad on work trips, holidays and football away day tours and it took a bit of battering.... case on yes, but it was dropped and thrown about a bit (it once fell out of my pocket and fell down the steps of the Crystal Palace away stand ... and still survived).

In 2019, I tried to use adopted storage with BlackDiamond after a factory reset but after a few months I started to feel like maybe the S7 Edge was nearing the end.... little did I realise the lagginess, bugginess and crashes were pretty much entirely caused by the adopted storage (imo). So with one last roll of the dice, I flashed Galaxy Note Fan Edition ROM and opted against adopted storage. Since then, it's felt like a brand new phone. Never lagging. Never struggling my every day needs and I had no plans to get rid of this phone. I would have happily used it for another year until 5G finally became a necessity.

Sadly, all that changed a few weeks ago. Not sure whether it was dropped or just had finally given up but the OLED screen began flashing badly and has only been getting worse since. It can be used only on full brightness otherwise the screen flickers intensely and even on full brightness one half of the screen is very temperamental. Tried to hold on, but I decided it's time to retire it and make it a very trusty backup phone.

So, the S7 Edge is on it's final weeks till retirement. It'll be a sad sayonara to the best phone I've ever owned (by miles...)