Overall love

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Yes, yes, it's possible to love a phone. Heck, you sleep next to it, don't you? Rate this thread to indicate your love for the BLU R1 HD, all things considered. A higher rating indicates that the BLU R1 HD is an incredible phone that you enjoy tremendously. You love it. :eek:

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

tuco2015

Sep 14, 2015
Build quality is pretty good and it is nice size. I don't game and for the things I do it is more than fast enough. I actually wanted a sub 5" phone but there really is any decent Android devices for less than $300. At $60 I am not overly concern with updates either since it is cheap enough to replace. There a phones that cost many times more that will get the same amount of updates. Better battery life than my Nexus 5 (which is not hard), decent camera, fairly stock android. Downside, other than the able to root, probably won't get any real updates or get custom roms.

jasonmerc

Dec 14, 2012
www.ixquick.com
This is my new primary device. I've never had flagship devices (besides the S3 I bought a year ago) so I may just have low standards for what to actually expect from a phone, but I love this R1 HD. You can't beat this thing for $60, let alone the non-subsidized $110 price, especially considering the community that's growing around this phone. Look at what we've accomplished in the first month. This could become the next S3.

Reactions: Thomaslm800

Thomaslm800

Sep 11, 2016
NBNY
New Daily Driver

Probably the best phone I've owned to date. I've had LG G2, iPhone 5s, and Galaxy s5 (rooted & ROM'd). The R1HD replacing my s5. I bought the 16gb Prime R1HD not expecting a whole hell of a lot, but once I rooted and de-bloated it, damn what a phone. Stripped down to damn near stock android, some features of touchwiz I do miss, and the NFC but Other than the camera quality (that is actually better than the s5 other than action shots and I have an actual camera for that.) I have nothing to complain about. $60 and you get so much more phone for that. Worth every penny. After 14 hours of heavy use(booting to recovery and all that many times) still had 10% before I hit the bed @ 3am and today after moderate use for 15 hours still have 60% battery left. Truth be told I haven't done much 3d gaming on it but for everything else this thing is the tits. Great build quality, great screen, multitasking a breeze. I Can't wait for whats in store for this phone. I felt I needed to contribute to this community for how much it has helped me over the years. I just want to say thanks. Cheers.

witheld9

Jun 29, 2014
Build quality is fantastic and performance leaves little to be desired. I regularly get 24+ hours of moderate to heavy usage before requiring a charge.

But, it doesn't have ambient display and the camera is so bad that it's not even worth taking pictures of things with it. Even my old Moto G 1st gen took better pictures.

But the main problem is, it's kind of really ugly. It's a flat brick of a rectangle with no attempt at design. So I can't love it.

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto X4
Samsung Galaxy A50
Build quality is fantastic and performance leaves little to be desired. I regularly get 24+ hours of moderate to heavy usage before requiring a charge.

But, it doesn't have ambient display and the camera is so bad that it's not even worth taking pictures of things with it. Even my old Moto G 1st gen took better pictures.

But the main problem is, it's kind of really ugly. It's a flat brick of a rectangle with no attempt at design. So I can't love it.
Did you take the plastic off of the lens? Mine takes far better photos than my Moto G first gen ever could.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

waingro808

Apr 23, 2013

What do you mean ambient display? Hey, it's better looking that the Moto G4 Play!

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto X4
Samsung Galaxy A50
What do you mean ambient display? Hey, it's better looking that the Moto G4 Play!
Ambient display is a feature in lollipop and later for AMOLED displays that shows notifications on the screen. It's generally not used with LCD screens as they require the entire display to be lit as opposed to only get pixels being used in AMOLED displays. Very similar to Moto display.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my new primary device. I've never had flagship devices (besides the S3 I bought a year ago) so I may just have low standards for what to actually expect from a phone, but I love this R1 HD. You can't beat this thing for $60, let alone the non-subsidized $110 price, especially considering the community that's growing around this phone. Look at what we've accomplished in the first month. This could become the next S3.