• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Overheating/Battery drain with wireless Android Auto

Search This thread

eXelium

Jul 9, 2009
Hello All,

I am kind of furious right now.
Did couple of trips with my Mi 11 Ultra using Android Auto wirelessly.

When I am not charging the phone it gets warm or really warm and works fine.
Only issue then is the battery drain which is more or less a 1% a minute.

While charging the phone on the 18W induction charger or using a QC charger with a cable the phone overheats.
It's hot to the touch. It displays multiple "overheating" popups. Screen is really dark too.

Normally I can't feel any heat from the phone under normal use. Using cameras makes it a bit warm as does gaming but AA just kills it.

Does anyone use Android Auto regularly with Mi 11 Ultra? Are you experiencing similar issues?

themissionimpossible

May 12, 2008
Try using an old-style 5V 2A charger, not QC.
Preferably don'use a wireless charger.

Anyway, using wireless Android Auto and a cable charger is a nonsense, then use Android Auto connected by cable to the car stereo.

Battery drain is just why wireless Android Auto till now has had only few implementations by car manufacturers...

Last edited:

eXelium

Jul 9, 2009
Try using an old-style 5V 2A charger, not QC.
Preferably don'use a wireless charger.

Anyway, using wireless Android Auto and a cable charger is a nonsense, then use Android Auto connected by cable to the car stereo.

Battery drain is just why wireless Android Auto till now has had only few implementations by car manufacturers...
I don't think using wired AA is an option in BMW :(

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Hello All,

I am kind of furious right now.
Did couple of trips with my Mi 11 Ultra using Android Auto wirelessly.

When I am not charging the phone it gets warm or really warm and works fine.
Only issue then is the battery drain which is more or less a 1% a minute.

While charging the phone on the 18W induction charger or using a QC charger with a cable the phone overheats.
It's hot to the touch. It displays multiple "overheating" popups. Screen is really dark too.

Normally I can't feel any heat from the phone under normal use. Using cameras makes it a bit warm as does gaming but AA just kills it.

Does anyone use Android Auto regularly with Mi 11 Ultra? Are you experiencing similar issues?
Consider yourself lucky!

Most people here can't even get AA to work on this device 😂😂😂

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
I use it in my pocket sometimes for Google maps navigation when riding a motorcycle and it gets hot 🔥

If you change the 5g to 4g it stays noticably cooler

eXelium

Jul 9, 2009
I use it in my pocket sometimes for Google maps navigation when riding a motorcycle and it gets hot 🔥

I blocked 5g since I had the phone :(

Some sites tell that Mi 11 Ultra got an update to fix overheating issues at the end of July. But last EU Rom update was in June. FFS Xiaomi give us the updates!

Reactions: speedtripler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I blocked 5g since I had the phone :(

Some sites tell that Mi 11 Ultra got an update to fix overheating issues at the end of July. But last EU Rom update was in June. FFS Xiaomi give us the updates!