Overheating Issue (Phone is getting too hot)

Search This thread

Freyelis

May 11, 2014
Oneplus 7 Pro gets too hot even for just gaming a few minutes to a near hour.. I think the issue was the changes made to Oxygen OS because my Oneplus 6T ALSO GETS TOO HOT now using the last few Beta updates, which was not the case in the past (I am certain).. Also a few updates ago made the 6T show the "Phone is getting too hot" message, which DID NOT HAPPEN BEFORE, so definitely something is up.

Also, all background apps have been controlled too (literally restricted every single one and already on force stop)... Still the same, gets too hot.

Even if you factory reset the device, it's still the same, so I definitely think it's the changes they made to Oxygen OS. Compare it to other Snapdragon 855 devices and you'll see that OP heats up more now even with the cooling system.

The Games that I've been playing before that produced minimal heat even in hours of gameplay are now producing too much heat in just a few minutes... This is unacceptable.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon, users can help in reporting and testing.

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Which game? I tested Asphalt 9, phone never gets hot. I'm running latest stable OOS, full stock not modified

Freyelis

May 11, 2014
Which game? I tested Asphalt 9, phone never gets hot. I'm running latest stable OOS, full stock not modified

*Ragnarok M
*Errant Hunter's Soul
Dawn of Isles
*LifeAfter
Mobile Legends
Evil Lands
Extra Ordinary Ones
King of Kings
*Talion
*AxE (Alliance VS Empire)
*PUGM

The games with the * are the games that never gave the previous 6T with no problems, until the last few beta updates... And now those changes are also being felt in my 7 Pro.

The "your phone is getting hot" message didn't come before even hours of gameplay even on MAX SETTINGS, so I'm certain the problem is Kernel-side.

soman.exe

Jul 15, 2018
Oneplus 7 Pro gets too hot even for just gaming a few minutes to a near hour.. I think the issue was the changes made to Oxygen OS because my Oneplus 6T ALSO GETS TOO HOT now using the last few Beta updates, which was not the case in the past (I am certain).. Also a few updates ago made the 6T show the "Phone is getting too hot" message, which DID NOT HAPPEN BEFORE, so definitely something is up.

Also, all background apps have been controlled too (literally restricted every single one and already on force stop)... Still the same, gets too hot.

Even if you factory reset the device, it's still the same, so I definitely think it's the changes they made to Oxygen OS. Compare it to other Snapdragon 855 devices and you'll see that OP heats up more now even with the cooling system.

The Games that I've been playing before that produced minimal heat even in hours of gameplay are now producing too much heat in just a few minutes... This is unacceptable.

Hopefully this issue gets resolved soon, users can help in reporting and testing.
yes I'm experiencing this issue too, it started when I tested my phone on a benchmark app and heated more than usual but from that day after it heats everytime I play PUBG or sometimes even watching Netflix.

Daenjel

Feb 21, 2017
Oaxaca City
Finally more people are experiencing this too, I tried both latest stable AND beta ver. of OOS, and had this heating issue, I even changed the Kernel to see if it'll make a difference but no.
Also, I saw some other people with the same issue on twitter, maybe someone should open an issue on the official OnePlus forums.

_JuSteR_

Aug 26, 2008
Between UK and Italy
Hi there!

A couple of days ago I started noticing that my Oneplus 7 Pro was hotter than usual. Way hotter than usual. So I removed the 2 apps I recently installed. Nothing changed.

Just so you know, I'm using Oxygen OS 10.0.5.GM21BA with XXX NoLimits 10.2 and I haven't touched/updated the rom in weeks.

This morning my device was so hot I had to put it in the freezer.
When I took it out, I the CPU temperature: 40C (104F).
Then I let it rest for 5 min. The temperature rose to 48C (118.4).
So I used it for 10 min (normal use). It was 71C (159.8F).

The battery temperature, instead, varies between 30-ish C and 40-ish C.

I don't think this is normal at all, but I have no idea of what to do.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• freezer.jpg
    freezer.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes I confirm that,My game exits automatically after playing for few minutes & the phone gets very hot

Yes, and I'm also using an unmodified, unrooted fully-stock Oxygen OS.

Tried everything, I think this is kernel-side changes. Hopefully more people especially mobile gamers report this problem.