Overheating issues with regular apps?

Search This thread

best24

Dec 23, 2014
Ive had this phone for a couple of weeks and im a bit disappointed. The battery life is average at best and the stock charger is not a fast charger. But the thing that annoys me the most is that when i use apps like snapchat chrome and YouTube the phone heats up and it feels very uncomfortable. is this normal because i know snapchat is a huge drainer with the camera and all but if i have the app on for even a couple of minutes and maybe youtube and whatsapp in the background it heats up bad and its really annoying. Im not playing any 3d games is this normal?

pikeylfc

Jan 25, 2011
philadelphia
I haven't had any heating issues. I don't use snapchat but I do stream alot on Netflix YouTube and I watch premier League games. As far as my battery goes I get a full day out of it so I'm happy with that

FartyParty

Jan 18, 2017
Absolutely not normal.

Every evening when I go to bed I browse on it, youtube, music, even mutlitasking with the split window feature and some evenings I can browse/watch youtube for hours.

I have never encountered that it gets even slightly warm, same with my previous Sony XZ.

Reactions: pikeylfc

anosis

Oct 25, 2007
SJB, CA
I had mine in the center console on the way to work and it got very hot and also discharged in the 50min from 100% to 84%. There were not specific apps running.

Last edited:

best24

Dec 23, 2014
Absolutely not normal.

Every evening when I go to bed I browse on it, youtube, music, even mutlitasking with the split window feature and some evenings I can browse/watch youtube for hours.

I have never encountered that it gets even slightly warm, same with my previous Sony XZ.

I have usually about 40c at all times should i get it checked out because im afraid theyr just gonna brush it off and say its nothing weird that's what they usually do blame it on the apps.

Bialynia

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I'm not having overheating issues yet, but I did with my Xperia X Performance.

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk

Bialynia

Apr 28, 2010
Chicago
I have no overheating, I was in Italy for 2 weeks and it was HOT, phone ran like a champ. I bought it for the trip since my X Performance would regularly over heat and stop video recording, photos, etc. Haven't had that issue with this phone.

Sent from my G8232 using Tapatalk

Jacerany

Aug 16, 2017
I have also the same problem , when When I play with my phone, When the phone is charging, it will be hot as long as I use it, and it will be hot for a long time, unless i not use my phone

JeremyWeatherford

Aug 10, 2017
Ive had this phone for a couple of weeks and im a bit disappointed. The battery life is average at best and the stock charger is not a fast charger. But the thing that annoys me the most is that when i use apps like snapchat chrome and YouTube the phone heats up and it feels very uncomfortable. is this normal because i know snapchat is a huge drainer with the camera and all but if i have the app on for even a couple of minutes and maybe youtube and whatsapp in the background it heats up bad and its really annoying. Im not playing any 3d games is this normal?

Battery defect or factory defect just compare to the other unit of your friend so that you can figure it out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Absolutely not normal.