Question Owners of the Chinese version who have upgraded to the European.

Search This thread

Nuclear Blast

Aug 3, 2012
Please, everyone who could upgrade your Chinese Mi 11 Ultra to global or European firmware, please describe the sequence of actions:

1) what version of phone you flashed - 8/12/256 or 12/512
2) what soft did you use to unlock bootloader
3) what version of new firmware you choosed - Global or EEA (European)
4) what mode of ref lashing did you use - "three dots" via upgrade menu (recovery) or fastboot

I think this thread will be beer useful for many of us

Thank you

kuba319

• Mar 6, 2012
    I done it today, didnt check my version though before flashing. I updated with the OTA yesterday and flashed the latest stable 12.5. There is safetynet issue with that at the moment due to Xiaomi not certifying it but i fixed it with magisk.

Rom is much better
    can you link which exactly rom you flashed?

jmikepr

• Aug 15, 2019
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    I'm on EE.

Its this one https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...12.5.2.0.RKACNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip/download

And its better as no Chinese text, everything working android auto etc. My news widget isn't freezing and attachments now work fine. I had issues on Chinese rom
    Isn't safety net broken so Google pay and banking apps? Won't be fixed until Xiaomi does something right??

If true I'd rather stay on China ROM until that if resolved. I have no issues at all with my China ROM.

avetny

• Jul 16, 2010
    Private Island.
    Good thread ! We need it for now.

So first version of global rom is not safe !
    I was reading all that 54 pages and I noticed that you have to update your phone software via phone settings. After that it should be compatible with xiaomi Eu rom (flastboot flashing). Also don’t use that miflash...do it
    Via standard command prompt method.

(The XiomiEU Rom is based on a Chinese rom but it have such a big change log is crazy ! Is polished so well that is better than global)

thats what I understood from all that pages....but again I would wait a little bit....

Last edited:
    Reactions: Nuclear Blast

xreactx

Oct 2, 2014
    Good thread ! We need it for now.

So first version of global rom is not safe !
    I was reading all that 54 pages and I noticed that you have to update your phone software via phone settings. After that it should be compatible with xiaomi Eu rom (flastboot flashing). Also don’t use that miflash...do it
    Via standard command prompt method.

(The XiomiEU Rom is based on a Chinese rom but it have such a big change log is crazy ! Is polished so well that is better than global)

thats what I understood from all that pages....but again I would wait a little bit....
    I already updated to the latest OTA; however, I am still left with a Mi 11 Ultra stuck in fastboot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Please, everyone who could upgrade your Chinese Mi 11 Ultra to global or European firmware, please describe the sequence of actions:

1) what version of phone you flashed - 8/12/256 or 12/512
      2) what soft did you use to unlock bootloader
      3) what version of new firmware you choosed - Global or EEA (European)
      4) what mode of ref lashing did you use - "three dots" via upgrade menu (recovery) or fastboot

I think this thread will be beer useful for many of us

Thank you
      I done it today, didnt check my version though before flashing. I updated with the OTA yesterday and flashed the latest stable 12.5. There is safetynet issue with that at the moment due to Xiaomi not certifying it but i fixed it with magisk.

Rom is much better
      Great, congrats! Which firmware did you have before flashing xiaomi.eu?
      How did you go from china rom to eu 12.5 without bricking it?
      By the book. I was updated to 12.0.13, unlocked bootloader with miunlock, then I unpacked the 12.5 EU stable and opened batch file. No issues whatsoever.
      Will you get OTAs after this on global?
      I'm not sure. I just flashed xiaomi.eu ROM 12.5.2 successfully.
      Yeah it's xiaomi eu. It's the Chinese rom modded
      Comrade, with all due respect to your positive flashing result, this branch was created to collect the positive experience of switching from the Chinese version of the firmware (official) to the global / European version of the firmware (also official)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone