OWNICE K7 (C970) (TS10) uis7862

Search This thread

mariodantas

Hi fellows, maybe I'm in the wrong section of the forum to post a question:

I have a OWNICE K7 TS10 HeadUnit and I see that the unit is taking too much time to get GPS signals, I tried with another unit (and the same antenna) and it works very well, but not with the OWNIKE K7

Does anyone have the same issue ?,

Does anyone know how to fix it ?, specific app ?, firmware related ?

Thanks in advance

nick1964

Jun 2, 2020
Italy
Hi fellows, maybe I'm in the wrong section of the forum to post a question:

I have a OWNICE K7 TS10 HeadUnit and I see that the unit is taking too much time to get GPS signals, I tried with another unit (and the same antenna) and it works very well, but not with the OWNIKE K7

Does anyone have the same issue ?,

Does anyone know how to fix it ?, specific app ?, firmware related ?

Thanks in advance
Download GPS TEST.
Connect the radio to internet, open gps test, settings, clear and update AGPS, wait 2-3 minutes and restart(not shut down and open, I reset, restart).
After the radio it's ON again, open gps test (car in open place, no garage, need to see well the sky) and wait.
At the begining you"ll see 2-3 satellites, minures passing the number increase.
After this operation, the next time the radio "fix" 10-15 satellites in 10-15 seconds.

mariodantas

Download GPS TEST.
Connect the radio to internet, open gps test, settings, clear and update AGPS, wait 2-3 minutes and restart(not shut down and open, I reset, restart).
After the radio it's ON again, open gps test (car in open place, no garage, need to see well the sky) and wait.
At the begining you"ll see 2-3 satellites, minures passing the number increase.
After this operation, the next time the radio "fix" 10-15 satellites in 10-15 seconds.
Oh great instructions fellow, I'll check it tomorrow morning

Many thanks for your tip

l981982

Dec 15, 2016
Try to Install this app

Drivers Widget - Speedometer​

and add widget to home screen.
This will keep the gps running all the time.

Reactions: mariodantas

mariodantas

Problem solved, I enter the engeneering mode, SGPS app and set it to custom (and let default values) instead of GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU default option

I tried with other options (GPS+BD2+GLONASS, etc... and it idin't work well)

Using default option the GPS seems to warm quicly and catch 13, 15, 18 satellites quickly (2, 4 max 5 before chaging options)

FYI: These people from OWNICE also leave RADIO area settings pointing to CHINA, I bought it to be used in france.

Meaning that the unit hasn't been pre-configured to be used in the customers'country

My opinion: Chinese people want money money money money money, that's all

nigella87

Jul 16, 2018
Problem solved, I enter the engeneering mode, SGPS app and set it to custom (and let default values) instead of GPS+GLONASS+BEIDOU default option

Using default option the GPS seems to warm quicly and catch 13, 15, 18 satellites quickly (2, 4 max 5 before chaging options)

FYI: These people from OWNICE also leave RADIO area settings pointing to CHINA, I bought it to be used in france.

Meaning that the unit hasn't been pre-configured to be used in the customers'country

Hi... I bought the same product you use...
I have the same problems...
Wouldn't it be rude to ask how to get into engineering mode???

Reactions: mariodantas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The seller replied within half a day.
    Sent the missing firmware as of 05.21 as well as the system apps,
    Availability:

You have also sent an exact description of the update. I know you know! But it might help someone else!
    "System Upgrade
    1. Make sure USB Flash Drive type 3.0 or above
    2. Format USB Flash Drive on PC -- Choose file type FAT32
    3. Download upgrade file, unzip the file on PC directory
    4. Copy files from unzip folder to USB Flash Drive root directory
    5. Unplug all USB connected devices, plug the USB flash drive to normal USB port (Do not use quick charge port)
    6. Enter File Manager App to make sure upgrade files in USB Flash Drive
    7. Enter Settings--System--System Upgrade--System Local Upgrade
    8. Choose "wipe data and format flash", then choose "USB" to start upgrading, it takes about 6 minutes.
    9. After enter into the main interface, it starts automatic initialization, wait about 1 minute here untill initialization completed.
    10. Do "Reset" the machine
    11. Install APK files as needed There is a video to show you how to do update :
    After update some system app will be deleted you can download the install file in this "

Thank you for your help!

I don"t understand why apps go away? Are these apps not included in the firmware? If not, where are these apps stored? I reflashed with the old firmware, but not get this app back.
    In your picture, the application that is installed when choosing your car in the can-bus selection menu
    This is my firmware. Can you look for different with yours?
    I'm Korean. It's night and rainy... TT . I can't go out to parking lot.... don't have an umbrella. I will massage to you about firmware i recieved.