• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OWNICE K7 (C970) (TS10) uis7862

Search This thread

mariodantas

I flashed my ownice K6 plus with the deep forrmat file (a71a8002-9cbf-11ea-b64e-578022b8a84a, received from ownice), and now miss the car setting (car infor) app (as attached picture). Does anyone have this app? And could I install this app like normal apps?
That's ALWAYS the same sh*****t with Ownice, their apps go away on deep format, you have to notify them and ask for the apks, they will provide to you !

nnquynh

Jun 14, 2005
Hanoi
Does anybody knows how to remap the power button on K6 plus android head unit? My head unit has 5 buttons on the left, 4 of them are touch buttons (hom, back, vol+, vol-) and can be set up in factory - touch area key. But the 5th power button is a hard button and is currently assigned to mute/unmute sounds. I want to remap this button for power (switch on/of the screen). Ownice customer support tell me to use factory - panel key to remap this button, but it does not work (it seems here you only can remap steering wheel buttons). Advice needed.

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
I tried a red pocket SIM and it was not recognized.
I tried a Boost Mobile SIM and it also was not recognized.
The only SIM that was actually recognized by the HU was the Verizion SIM; but it did not work, of course.
Are there any other details that your friend might have that will enable me to get this working?
FYI: to respond to another response: I have the 4G SIM card slot-on-a-wire that attaches to the back of the HU; I have it routed through my glovebox. So I don't have to detach the HU to change the SIM.
I'm not sure what you mean as 'not recognized'. All sims that I tried showed correct network name and phone number. However, none could register with their network. I have two SIM showing: SIM1 which I don't know where it is (could be virtual or for CDMA?) and SIM2 which is what the external dongle is for.

Going to engineering menu band 2 and 4 are not listed as supported so this probably why it does not register with a network. I believe Band 2 or 4 has to be supported for cellpphone to work in USA.

drisslar

Apr 23, 2021
morocco
Je ne sais pas ce que vous entendez par "non reconnu". Tous les sims que j'ai essayés affichaient un nom de réseau et un numéro de téléphone correct. Cependant, aucun n'a pu s'inscrire sur son réseau. J'ai deux SIM qui s'affichent : SIM1 dont je ne sais pas où il se trouve (pourrait être virtuel ou pour CDMA ?) et SIM2 à quoi sert le dongle externe.

Aller au menu d'ingénierie, les bandes 2 et 4 ne sont répertoriées comme prises en charge, c'est probablement pourquoi il ne s'enregistre pas auprès d'un réseau. Je pense que la bande 2 ou 4 doit être prise en charge pour que le téléphone portable fonctionne aux sim 1 se trouve sur la carte mère

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@mariodantas, I installed Youtube Vanced without root and it's working fine. I believe there are two options for install...for those with root and those without root.

I was thinking about installing EdExposed but I've decided not to. I was able to do enough customizations without rooting my device. Is there anything specific you need EdExposed for?

mariodantas

@mariodantas, I installed Youtube Vanced without root and it's working fine. I believe there are two options for install...for those with root and those without root.

I was thinking about installing EdExposed but I've decided not to. I was able to do enough customizations without rooting my device. Is there anything specific you need EdExposed for?
Hello @mastrv

No nothing more, I'll try YTV without root

But now I'm stuck in boot logo as I did modify the vbmeta partitions by error and I think my unit is DEAD, until someone fdinds me a file to do a factory partitioning (Like the vendor do when he received the boards)

klutzak

Jun 6, 2021
I'm not sure what you mean as 'not recognized'. All sims that I tried showed correct network name and phone number. However, none could register with their network. I have two SIM showing: SIM1 which I don't know where it is (could be virtual or for CDMA?) and SIM2 which is what the external dongle is for.

Going to engineering menu band 2 and 4 are not listed as supported so this probably why it does not register with a network. I believe Band 2 or 4 has to be supported for cellpphone to work in USA.

Can you post screen shots or direct me to exactly where to look within the engineering menu?
I Looked in engineering mode and under 'telephony' I saw 'bandselect' with the following screen. Is this the right place?

Screenshot_20210619-223727.png
Screenshot_20210619-223744.png

teddyddet

Oct 18, 2009
guangdong
Redmi K30 5G
Does anybody knows how to remap the power button on K6 plus android head unit? My head unit has 5 buttons on the left, 4 of them are touch buttons (hom, back, vol+, vol-) and can be set up in factory - touch area key. But the 5th power button is a hard button and is currently assigned to mute/unmute sounds. I want to remap this button for power (switch on/of the screen). Ownice customer support tell me to use factory - panel key to remap this button, but it does not work (it seems here you only can remap steering wheel buttons). Advice needed.
just press and hold for 2~3 seconds to turn on / off the screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please how do I activate 360⁰ camera on k7. After reset it's asking for activation

The seller replied within half a day.
    Sent the missing firmware as of 05.21 as well as the system apps,
    Availability:

You have also sent an exact description of the update. I know you know! But it might help someone else!
    "System Upgrade
    1. Make sure USB Flash Drive type 3.0 or above
    2. Format USB Flash Drive on PC -- Choose file type FAT32
    3. Download upgrade file, unzip the file on PC directory
    4. Copy files from unzip folder to USB Flash Drive root directory
    5. Unplug all USB connected devices, plug the USB flash drive to normal USB port (Do not use quick charge port)
    6. Enter File Manager App to make sure upgrade files in USB Flash Drive
    7. Enter Settings--System--System Upgrade--System Local Upgrade
    8. Choose "wipe data and format flash", then choose "USB" to start upgrading, it takes about 6 minutes.
    9. After enter into the main interface, it starts automatic initialization, wait about 1 minute here untill initialization completed.
    10. Do "Reset" the machine
    11. Install APK files as needed There is a video to show you how to do update :
    After update some system app will be deleted you can download the install file in this "

Thank you for your help!
    I don"t understand why apps go away? Are these apps not included in the firmware? If not, where are these apps stored? I reflashed with the old firmware, but not get this app back.
    In your picture, the application that is installed when choosing your car in the can-bus selection menu
    Hello fellows, Magisk 23 released

I tried to root the TS10 boot image with Magisk 23 but it does not work yet (unit enters in bootloop mode) even if the magisk log says that the image was rooted

Using the same method as for the TS9 firmware
    1-) K_support tool to decrypt the boot image
    2-) Magisk 23 to patch the boot.img
    3-) K-support to crypt the patched image
    4-) USB key (with patched boot image) attached to unit
    5-) Key1 cable to ground and pin in reset hole

---- Flash DONE. ----

but nothing more (bootloop)

I revert the original boot and recover the headunit with no issues

In my very own opinion, I think that there's another some kind of protection after boot that inhibits the firmware to continue loading

Keep searching !
    im new to this, i just got the k7 w/360 cam. do you guys know a way to change whats on the main screen to show something. like dvr on the top left.
    does your HU also take forever to load because it loads the 360 cam? is there a way to disable that?
    I'malso searching a wai to send the 360camera startup to the background

Their launcher is customizable, but only for links located in bottom, if you need more control over the main interface, go to the Play Store and search for car launchers, you have many
    This is my firmware. Can you look for different with yours?
    I'm Korean. It's night and rainy... TT . I can't go out to parking lot.... don't have an umbrella. I will massage to you about firmware i recieved.