• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OWNICE K7 (C970) (TS10) uis7862

Search This thread

mariodantas

Little story about my Ownice K7

Trying to get root privileges on this super encrypted firmware, I accidentally flashed a bad vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor partitions and this put my unit in BRICK mode

The unit shows only my car logo, no more no less

Tried to flash the original firmware by the KEY1 to ground method = no boot
Tried other firmwares from Ownice = no boot

Tries everything = no boot

I ask for help to manu supplier in china and "VOICI" the results

Question: Hello, I have a problem with my TS10 unit, and need to boot the unit in USB PC mode to flash the vbmeta partitions back

Answers fom china:

1-) Supplier 1: Ok I will send you a new radio apk with french frequencies by default

2-) Supplier 2: Yes you can put key1 to ground and reflash tour firmware

3-) Supplier 3: We will NEVER SHARE TO PUBLIC the way to put the card in boot PC mode

Final result: The unit is going to the trash bin

The only supplier that "understands" my question was Supplier 3, and the answer was (not expected but...) clear, NO WAY

Thhe other supplier must have very bad translators

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
Little story about my Ownice K7

Trying to get root privileges on this super encrypted firmware, I accidentally flashed a bad vbmeta_system and vbmeta_vendor partitions and this put my unit in BRICK mode

The unit shows only my car logo, no more no less

Tried to flash the original firmware by the KEY1 to ground method = no boot
Tried other firmwares from Ownice = no boot

Tries everything = no boot

I ask for help to manu supplier in china and "VOICI" the results

Question: Hello, I have a problem with my TS10 unit, and need to boot the unit in USB PC mode to flash the vbmeta partitions back

Answers fom china:

1-) Supplier 1: Ok I will send you a new radio apk with french frequencies by default

2-) Supplier 2: Yes you can put key1 to ground and reflash tour firmware

3-) Supplier 3: We will NEVER SHARE TO PUBLIC the way to put the card in boot PC mode

Final result: The unit is going to the trash bin

The only supplier that "understands" my question was Supplier 3, and the answer was (not expected but...) clear, NO WAY

Thhe other supplier must have very bad translators
If I saw your message, or even this message board, it would give me a pause about buying anything based on TS10/Topway platform. However, being new to Android HU scene, I'm curious if other HU platforms do let you do what you're asking TS10 vendors to help you with?

Myself I do hope that, at least, TS10 can be rooted so I have a control over my unit.

Reactions: mariodantas

Fonda53

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know what this icon in the right corner of the screen indicates?

Attachments

• 20210624_224856.jpg
    20210624_224856.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 23

Fonda53

Jan 20, 2015
Does anyone know how many CAN BUS decoders can work in a car at one time?
Due to the towbar, one was already installed. I was wondering if it might be bothering the Ownice CAN BUS. My radio still doesn't give me any info about the car.

Fonda53

Jan 20, 2015
Has anyone met these yet?
I saw them on the Ownice youtubeos broadcast, but I couldn’t find them anywhere!

Attachments

• 20210624_221434.jpg
    20210624_221434.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 22

firstbob

Jun 4, 2021
From electronics point of view - it depends on CAN bus drivers in use. I've read that max number of CAN bus devices could be more than 110. You can have only one decoder connected to the HU, however, it should be of no consequence to have a towbar decoder connected to the same CAN bus as well.

sergente78

May 1, 2021
I have a question for the expert: ownice k7 has only 3 usb ports of which one port is reserved for fast charging. accessories for ownice k7 are ADAS CAM USB, DAB + USB and TMPS USB. if i want to connect all the accessories, do you think it is possible to connect a 2-port split usb to a usb port of the radio and insert both accessories on a single usb port? i wrote to ownice but i get no reply. THANK YOU

mariodantas

I have a question for the expert: ownice k7 has only 3 usb ports of which one port is reserved for fast charging. accessories for ownice k7 are ADAS CAM USB, DAB + USB and TMPS USB. if i want to connect all the accessories, do you think it is possible to connect a 2-port split usb to a usb port of the radio and insert both accessories on a single usb port? i wrote to ownice but i get no reply. THANK YOU
Yes it works !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please how do I activate 360⁰ camera on k7. After reset it's asking for activation

The seller replied within half a day.
    Sent the missing firmware as of 05.21 as well as the system apps,
    Availability:

You have also sent an exact description of the update. I know you know! But it might help someone else!
    "System Upgrade
    1. Make sure USB Flash Drive type 3.0 or above
    2. Format USB Flash Drive on PC -- Choose file type FAT32
    3. Download upgrade file, unzip the file on PC directory
    4. Copy files from unzip folder to USB Flash Drive root directory
    5. Unplug all USB connected devices, plug the USB flash drive to normal USB port (Do not use quick charge port)
    6. Enter File Manager App to make sure upgrade files in USB Flash Drive
    7. Enter Settings--System--System Upgrade--System Local Upgrade
    8. Choose "wipe data and format flash", then choose "USB" to start upgrading, it takes about 6 minutes.
    9. After enter into the main interface, it starts automatic initialization, wait about 1 minute here untill initialization completed.
    10. Do "Reset" the machine
    11. Install APK files as needed There is a video to show you how to do update :
    After update some system app will be deleted you can download the install file in this "

Thank you for your help!
    I don"t understand why apps go away? Are these apps not included in the firmware? If not, where are these apps stored? I reflashed with the old firmware, but not get this app back.
    In your picture, the application that is installed when choosing your car in the can-bus selection menu
    Hello fellows, Magisk 23 released

I tried to root the TS10 boot image with Magisk 23 but it does not work yet (unit enters in bootloop mode) even if the magisk log says that the image was rooted

Using the same method as for the TS9 firmware
    1-) K_support tool to decrypt the boot image
    2-) Magisk 23 to patch the boot.img
    3-) K-support to crypt the patched image
    4-) USB key (with patched boot image) attached to unit
    5-) Key1 cable to ground and pin in reset hole

---- Flash DONE. ----

but nothing more (bootloop)

I revert the original boot and recover the headunit with no issues

In my very own opinion, I think that there's another some kind of protection after boot that inhibits the firmware to continue loading

Keep searching !
    im new to this, i just got the k7 w/360 cam. do you guys know a way to change whats on the main screen to show something. like dvr on the top left.
    does your HU also take forever to load because it loads the 360 cam? is there a way to disable that?
    I'malso searching a wai to send the 360camera startup to the background

Their launcher is customizable, but only for links located in bottom, if you need more control over the main interface, go to the Play Store and search for car launchers, you have many
    This is my firmware. Can you look for different with yours?
    I'm Korean. It's night and rainy... TT . I can't go out to parking lot.... don't have an umbrella. I will massage to you about firmware i recieved.