Oxygen OS 11 OPEN Beta 2 is out.

the_link_8

Mar 28, 2019
hi, does anyone know how long does it take for the final ota to be release?, i mean how
many beta versions need to be released before that happens?, cuz i am crazy about getting android 11 but i do not want to install the beta Due to the isues that can happen when you are in that program.

smydiehard99

Aug 26, 2020
Hey, hi! hope your'll are doing well.
i just updated my oneplus7pro to oxygenOS11 beta 1 and it reverted my adb command for hiding the status bar.
i tried running the command again but it doesn't seem to be working.
wondering if anyone of you have tried any other command.
thankyou.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
hi, does anyone know how long does it take for the final ota to be release?, i mean how
many beta versions need to be released before that happens?, cuz i am crazy about getting android 11 but i do not want to install the beta Due to the isues that can happen when you are in that program.
There is not an estimated time and oneplus hasn't shared anything about it. It might be a month after the release of the first beta but there is no way to know. There are many bugs that they have to polish so it might take awhile.

Reactions: the_link_8

a g bell

Mar 23, 2011
blackpool
Please can someone confirm data decryption doesn't work with twrp built with latest source ? Yes l am aware it doesn't with the current available twrp but that source it's way out of date.Thanks😁

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
I will try exposed method that did work on previous beta 9... I alos notice that some apps now autoload on start up...
I would advise caution with mods for now, many are not working and others just break things like mobile data. I have tried mods for systemless launchers and they aren't working, quickswitch also is not working , audio mods are not working . Every audio mod that need permissive scripts to work won't probably work so of exposed uses that method it will probably break your data and other stuff. If mods like quickswitch are not even apply a patch to the stock launcher it means they have probably change many things that haven't been updated by the modders for those mods to work.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Does anybody know how to control user apps... Autostart... I don't wont some user apps to start on boot...
Have you tried with command? Anyways you could try this method don't know if it will work on a11 but you can try.

wfred

Mar 15, 2014
Upstate, NY
Please can someone confirm data decryption doesn't work with twrp built with latest source ? Yes l am aware it doesn't with the current available twrp but that source it's way out of date.Thanks😁
According to posts in the OnePlus community the decryption problems have not been fixed. 1+ & Qualcomm came up with a workaround for installing 11, but did not solve the fundamental issues.
No statement on whether or not they'll pursue the fundamental decryption issues. If the workaround proves sufficient to install 11 they might just go that route and ignore 7's flawed encryption.

• Angry
Reactions: 14christ

rob420p

Dec 16, 2013
Bmore
According to posts in the OnePlus community the decryption problems have not been fixed. 1+ & Qualcomm came up with a workaround for installing 11, but did not solve the fundamental issues.
No statement on whether or not they'll pursue the fundamental decryption issues. If the workaround proves sufficient to install 11 they might just go that route and ignore 7's flawed encryption.
Stuff like that will cost them repeat customers me personally if that is how they are going to do it I'll be going back to Xiaomi on my next cell purchase or pixel ether or

Reactions: a g bell

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Disappointing ...
None of the most popular "improvements" brought by Android 11 work.
As we have already stated AOD does not work (on beta 9 it worked perfectly thanks to Exposed mode).
Horizon light (under Ambient display) also doesn't work (at least not for the apps I use, Signal, Viber, Textra, even for missed calls - so the option is totally useless).
Bubbles notification (under Notifications-Advanced), so announced that it was also on Android 10 in Diveloper options, also does not work for any application.
No mode works because it's a new version of Android.
This update brought only cosmetic changes (which are debatable) from the user's side. Under the hood, the changes are probably big, but you can't see that.
I didn't notice any improvement in the camera software. I only noticed that Dark mode also works for individual applications that do not support it nativly.
All in all, quite disappointing for the average user, this is a step backwards. If you are not a developer, I do not recommend updating to this version, the vast majority will be disappointed (especially if you have root and if you are used to using and mate all the benefits of mods you had on previous versions).

If anyone knows how to use Horizon light and Bubbles ... Please correct me and help me to make it work...

Dirty update, from Beta 9. So far, I haven't noticed or experienced any problems or bugs (like some others report on this forum). About phone is as it should be. No freeze or anything. I use OnePlus louncher (also did not find any changes- unlike OnePlus 8, new features such as Google Discovery and new shelve are still not included) and alos I use new beta Nova Louncher 7.0.15 which also worked much better and smoother than previous versions of Nova (because Nova fundamentally changed the code and adapted it to Andorid 10 gestures) so I didn't notice any improvements compared to Beta 9, which one of the users reported here.

Except that NONE of the most wished and withing "NEW" options and thing work, everytthig else is Ok. And for me it's big step back.
Maybe I expected to much form this update. But when you read update log it look so impresive...

EDIT: I find thaht "Do Not Disturb" not working corect for me... Actualy when it's on all calls ring... even if I let only "Starred contacts" to interrupt. Any one have idea how to fix this?

Last edited:

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Disappointing ...
None of the most popular "improvements" brought by Android 11 work.
As we have already stated AOD does not work (on beta 9 it worked perfectly thanks to Exposed mode).
Horizon light (under Ambient display) also doesn't work (at least not for the apps I use, Signal, Viber, Textra, even for missed calls - so the option is totally useless).
Bubbles notification (under Notifications-Advanced), so announced that it was also on Android 10 in Diveloper options, also does not work for any application.
No mode works because it's a new version of Android.
This update brought only cosmetic changes (which are debatable) from the user's side. Under the hood, the changes are probably big, but you can't see that.
I didn't notice any improvement in the camera software. I only noticed that Dark mode also works for individual applications that do not support it nativly.
All in all, quite disappointing for the average user, this is a step backwards. If you are not a developer, I do not recommend updating to this version, the vast majority will be disappointed (especially if you have root and if you are used to using and mate all the benefits of mods you had on previous versions).

If anyone knows how to use Horizon light and Bubbles ... Please correct me and help me to make it work...

Dirty update, from Beta 9. So far, I haven't noticed or experienced any problems or bugs (like some others report on this forum). About phone is as it should be. No freeze or anything. I use OnePlus louncher (also did not find any changes- unlike OnePlus 8, new features such as Google Discovery and new shelve are still not included) and alos I use new beta Nova Louncher 7.0.15 which also worked much better and smoother than previous versions of Nova (because Nova fundamentally changed the code and adapted it to Andorid 10 gestures) so I didn't notice any improvements compared to Beta 9, which one of the users reported here.

Except that NONE of the most wished and withing "NEW" options and thing work, everytthig else is Ok. And for me it's big step back.
Maybe I expected to much form this update. But when you read update log it look so impresive...

EDIT: I find thaht "Do Not Disturb" not working corect for me... Actualy when it's on all calls ring... even if I let only "Starred contacts" to interrupt. Any one have idea how to fix this?
Yes I agree that most of the changes are cosmetic and under the hood, as for modding I guess we would have to wait for devs to adopt this changes in the code and see what they can do, also horizon is working but as you said not for every app and not very reliable, I have WhatsApp and it works just fine it's not the best implementation since it turns on for a short time. Bubbles are working at least for the apps that have updated their code, which at this point are very few, that has to do more with the app then the oos of the phone, that I know of so far it's Google's messages, telegram, fb messenger. For me telegram was working with bubbles but it stopped working after sometime but fb messenger bubbles still work so I think it's more of an app thing since also in customs roms telegram has been acting wonky on bubbles. you also have to enable them by apps basis's since a lot of them have it turned off.

Attachments

anddig

Nov 28, 2020
Hey guys!
I just wanted to recommend not trying to update to this version coming from a OP7T that was previously a TMo variant. I patched it and had O15 running on it, however after the restart for the update I am stuck in a boot loop, after the OP boot screen it kicks me right back. So I would not suggest updating yet if you're coming from a converted tmo variant.

Edit: I just realized I might need to change the boot file?

a g bell

Mar 23, 2011
blackpool
It's strange how the decryption is broken and they can't fix it other devices have the same partition setup and don't have this issue.
Pixel devices have a working twrp with a and b partitions for instance.
I just see it as they don't want to do anything about if it is broken at all or is it a security issue 🤔
Also sadly we don't have anybody interested in developing twrp specifically for the 7t like we did say when the op5 came out but those were different times l guess. Now that oneplus have finally admitted there merge with oppo they will just become another cheap generic Chinese device. My next phone 📞 will be made by Google seeing as OnePlus are imploding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14christ

14christ

Apr 4, 2020
Prairieville, LA.
It's strange how the decryption is broken and they can't fix it other devices have the same partition setup and don't have this issue.
Pixel devices have a working twrp with a and b partitions for instance.
I just see it as they don't want to do anything about if it is broken at all or is a security issue 🤔
Also sadly we don't have anybody interested in developing twrp specifically for the 7t like we did say when the op5 came out but those were different times l guess. Now that oneplus have finally admitted there merge with oppo they will just become another cheap generic Chinese device. My next phone 📞 will be made by Google seeing as OnePlus are imploding.
Couldnt have said it better myself

Reactions: a g bell