Oxygen OS 11 OPEN Beta 5 is out.

Search This thread

Wimmme

Nov 9, 2012
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Does anyone know when beta 5 is coming out?
It works fine but the camera is starting to irritate me.
I can install the stable version but then everything goes back to factory settings.
I have done this enough lately, so I'd rather not do it now.
This. I am in exactly the same position. Can 't flash official over it since the build date is older than beta4.
Or an updated version of the official version.
Restoring banking, payment, idendity and authenticator apps is a real PITA

Reactions: vitozappa

pedritopl

Apr 3, 2015
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Pixel
To my great regret, this did not help solve the problem either. The problem is still present ... after 6 hours of reinstalling and resetting all applications and restoring the backup. Any other suggestions ?
Does it have some thing with root, magisk? I have only "Sistemles Host" modul on... And I use GCam... Maybe some problems there? Or with any other app...?
Sorry to hear that. I really hoped it would be an universal fix for all affected, as for the person who originally reported this solution on OP forums. Sorry, I don't have other ideas as my camera works properly since the beginning.

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
Sorry to hear that. I really hoped it would be an universal fix for all affected, as for the person who originally reported this solution on OP forums. Sorry, I don't have other ideas as my camera works properly since the beginning.
I roll back on OB2... And now all work fine... Will wait for OB5... Stranege thing is that I try to roll back to 10 and go for stable 11... And camera was fc as well as on beta3 and beta4... So I roll back to EU variant last beta android 10 (because my phone is HD1903), and then to ob2 (last one with no camera problem)... and now it's look ther is only one version of beta... only global... even I download and flash EU beta. For me... now on beta 2 everythong is normal. I don't have any problem.

Last edited:

Wimmme

Nov 9, 2012
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
What method did you use to update? Anything I try indicates it's going to wipe data.
I think it's not possible. OB to stable will always wipe. Not only data, it even formats the partition so you loose all local stored files.
But I did it anyway, camera issue was bothering me too hard.
Took the same path, download via Oxygen updater, local upgrade. But in my case, HD1903 EU version, OB4 was a global version and now it's a EU version again, maybe that's causing the wipe?

HKSpeed

Apr 3, 2012
Los Angeles
I think it's not possible. OB to stable will always wipe. Not only data, it even formats the partition so you loose all local stored files.
Took the same path, download via Oxygen updater, local upgrade. But in my case, HD1903 EU version, OB4 was a global version and now it's a EU version again, maybe that's causing the wipe?
That makes sense. I only use global betas and updates on my HD1907.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
Looks like while I keep Widevine L1 with Beta 4, I lose it with 11.0.0.2 (when updating to 11.0.0.2 straight from 10.0.0.16). (I'm talking about locked bootloaders now, I don't know if you can unlock BL and keep L1 with beta 4.) Is this expected behavior? Has anybody experienced differently?
I haven't relock my bootloader but have test global stable oos 11 and ob4 and widevine is working fine even on the different custom roms I have tested it still active. Remember to root and hide magisk for it to activate in case you don't have it yet, that simple step might help you.

Wimmme

Nov 9, 2012
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Looks like while I keep Widevine L1 with Beta 4, I lose it with 11.0.0.2 (when updating to 11.0.0.2 straight from 10.0.0.16). (I'm talking about locked bootloaders now, I don't know if you can unlock BL and keep L1 with beta 4.) Is this expected behavior? Has anybody experienced differently?
Unlocked bootloader, 11.0.0.2 HD1903 EU version, rooted, Widivine L1. Upgrade formatted data so very clean install 😅

ontwykende

Feb 25, 2017
And... Did it fix your camera problem?

Top Liked Posts