Question Oxygen OS 12 Idle Touch Sampling Rate

Search This thread

SillyP

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
In the "touchMultiTest" tool, the touch sampling rate remains 0, untill the finger is moved quite a bit, the resultant feedback is abrupt and inaccurate.

Noticable while sniping in PUBG and scrolling slowly.

This is an extremely annoying issue which was nonexistent in Android 11 older 0xygen OS

This problem is present in all the Android 12 builds of OOS/color OS.

Can others confirm this and bring it to OnePlus' attention?

What can i do to let OnePlus know about this on their "community" app?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-25-01-35-51-42_8a3517aff3d81bd8ce2dccc658266b22.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-25-01-35-51-42_8a3517aff3d81bd8ce2dccc658266b22.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 172

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
Quite possibly the app needs to be updated for the feature to work with newer API

Last edited:

miravision

Oct 5, 2021
1. If you have a thick case on that doesn't let heat out your SOC might throttle
2. If you have a screen protector /tempered glass on, try without it or try RMA

SillyP

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
1. If you have a thick case on that doesn't let heat out your SOC might throttle
2. If you have a screen protector /tempered glass on, try without it or try RMA
Tried all that, i can confirm that this is an issue with OOS 12 and Color OS 12.

All the other Android 12 custom ROMS that I've tried, does not have this problem.

Its an issue specific to OOS 12.

This problem has persisted from way back, since the DP2 (Developer Preview 2) release.

SillyP

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Tried all that, i can confirm that this is an issue with OOS 12 and Color OS 12.

All the other Android 12 custom ROMS that I've tried, does not have this problem.

Its an issue specific to OOS 12.

This problem has persisted from way back, since the DP2 (Developer Preview 2) release.
Upon further investigation, I think it has something to do with the kernel used in OOS 12 builds

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
yes, I have resorted to 11.2.10.10 build, but before I did so, I captured and sent OnePlus a log of what I was facing through the feedback app.

lets see how they respond, they asked me to be patient.

Did you experience the issue I'm talking about?
I experienced a whole lotta jank on all of their A12 builds. I never got around to installing OB3, but I did install the build that apparently broke everyone's data (oddly it didn't break mine). I think OB2 was by far the most stable build they put out for A12.

I tried PA for a bit but I'm a features guy and went back to OOS11.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I experienced a whole lotta jank on all of their A12 builds. I never got around to installing OB3, but I did install the build that apparently broke everyone's data (oddly it didn't break mine). I think OB2 was by far the most stable build they put out for A12.

Now I'm on Xtended. Had to go back to Monet since OOS doesn't use it. Plus a less jank A12 ROM.

SillyP

Oct 29, 2021
OnePlus 9 Pro
Now I'm on Xtended. Had to go back to Monet since OOS doesn't use it. Plus a less jank A12 ROM.
What is "monet" ?

Also im currently on the C.44 build of OOS 12 on my LE2125.

Idk what OnePlus did, but the touch "deadzone" issue is non-existent ONLY in PUBG mobile.....things are perfect there.

But its present everywhere else and in all the other games ( PUBG New State, COD Mobile, etc) ...

The touch "deadzone" issue is undeniably apparent now...

Easily observed when switching between "PUBG New State" and "PUBG Mobile"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Switch back to OOS11 if it's a problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    yes, I have resorted to 11.2.10.10 build, but before I did so, I captured and sent OnePlus a log of what I was facing through the feedback app.

lets see how they respond, they asked me to be patient.

Did you experience the issue I'm talking about?