Oxygen Theme Discussion

ouglouck

Aug 1, 2010
Khazad-dûm
I've been really looking forward to it ever since the leaked blurry shots ha ha, and now that I've had a good look through the user manual it looks killer, there's a dump over on the N1 forums I think.
I think some people will probably be disapointed by Gingerbread look as it does not differs so many from Froyo.

However, I like the new black theme, and especially the look of the keyboard (I know it's stupid to say that, but anyway I like its look). Also I feel the icons are more smooth. Still hard to say as the few pictures we have are not giving us enough to apreciate / judge the new look of it.

For now and for me, I will be glad to see the changes, and will be happy to test it when time comes.

Also, the Oxygen standard theme does quite looks close to Gingerbread I think. But that was pointed out by Adam somewhere in the Oxygen thread if I good remember.

Sarcasticly, I would like to see people opinion once they come to the point of realising that the stock Android theme does now looks as the Oxygen theme... :)

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I think that gingerbread is quite a departure myself, I never really took to the default theme front 2.2 and below, it never sat well with me.

I too am looking forward to the keyboard ha ha!! I saw it in the user manual and was like "ooh shiny"

I use a HTC IME Revolution themed keyboard atm, fits quite nicely with 1000moths theme

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
I have created a simple FancyWidget skin for the Oxygen theme that imho fits quite nicely with it and i thought i'd share it :). I'm also trying to create a matching dock but the gradient banding is driving me crazy (as you can see it looks HORRIBLE..). Anyone knows how to circumvent that somehow?

Attachments

Reactions: djsooty

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I have created a simple FancyWidget skin for the Oxygen theme that imho fits quite nicely with it and i thought i'd share it :). I'm also trying to create a matching dock but the gradient banding is driving me crazy (as you can see it looks HORRIBLE..). Anyone knows how to circumvent that somehow?
Nice work, the fancy widget looks great but I'm exclusively a Clockr man.

I like the dock, it looks good, I'm just thinking that it'd complete ny layout I've been working on!

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
classical-gas.blogspot.com
To fix banding, in photoshop export to 'web and devices' and make sure its a png-24. Hope that helps.

Gas

felipe25

Jul 27, 2010
Serre les Sapins
background tab in white doesn't work. I see only numbers in dark color ?

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
Fix Oxygen lock screen and change to old boot animation!

Thanks to user ClassicalGas I could fix lock screen on Oxygen 1.0.3 Themed version.

EDIT: You do not need to do all this! Just read ClassicalGas post below mine

So I made a tutorial showing all I did to fix, also how to include old boot animation to new builds.

All we need:

1. dsixda Kitchen: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246
2. Daneshm90 apkmanager: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695701
3. update-oxygen-1.0.3-signed.zip: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=829734
4. Files attached.

OBS: never use quotes!

1- Create 2 folders on your Desktop: "AndroidKitchen" and "Apkmanager".
2- Extract content of "dsixda_Android_Kitchen_0.110.zip" to "AndroidKitchen" folder.
3- Extract content of "apk_manager_linux_4.7.zip" to "Apkmanager" folder.
4- Copy "update-oxygen-1.0.3-signed.zip" to "~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/original_update" folder.
5- Go to terminal/prompt:

$cd ~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/
$./menu

6- Now we are on dsixda Kitchen menu:

* hit "1" (set up working...)
* hit "enter"
* hit "1" again (to select oxygen ROM)

Will ask if we want to convert "updater-script"

* hit "3" (do nothing)
* hit "enter"
* hit "n" (if you hit "y" here you will get a error but dont worry just hit "enter")

Now we are back to menu, leave open.

7- Open other terminal/prompt: (windows user open as admin)

$cd ~/Desktop/Apkmanager/
---------------------------
Linux users:
$sudo chmod +x Script.sh
---------------------------
$./Script.sh

* hit "y" (clean out all)

Now we are on Apkmanager menu, leave open.

8- Open any file explorer and go to "~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/WORKING_DATE_HOURS/system/framework/" folder and copy "framework-res.apk" to "~/Desktop/Apkmanager/place-apk-here-for-modding/" folder.

9- Back to Apkmanager menu on terminal/prompt:

* hit "1" (extract apk)

dont close!

10- Changing boot animation:

a. Open "attached_files.zip" go to "boot-images" folder and extract "android-logo-mask.png" and "android-logo-shine.png" to "~/Desktop/Apkmanager/out/assets/images/" and replace these 2 files.

11- Fixing lock screen:

a. Open "attached_files.zip" go to "drawable-hdpi" folder copy and replace all files on "~/Desktop/Apkmanager/out/res/drawable-hdpi/" folder.
b. Open "attached_files.zip" go to "drawable-land-hdpi" folder copy and replace all files on "~/Desktop/Apkmanager/out/res/drawable-land-hdpi/" folder.

12- Back to Apkmanager menu on terminal/prompt:

* hit "2" (wait a litter bit)
* hit "3" (zip apk)
* hit "1" (system apk)
* hit "17" (quit)

13- Copying files to kitchen:

a. Open any file explorer and go to "~/Desktop/Apkmanager/place-apk-here-for-modding/" folder and copy "repackaged-unsigned.apk" to "~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/WORKING_DATE_HOURS/system/framework/".
b. Remove your old "framework-res.apk" from "~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/WORKING_DATE_HOURS/system/framework/" and rename "repackaged-unsigned.apk" to "framework-res.apk".

14- Back to dsixda Kitchen menu on terminal/prompt:

* hit "6" (zipalign all apks)
* hit "y"
* hit "enter"

we are back to menu

* hit "99" (build)
* hit "enter"
* hit "x"

15- Open any file explorer and go to "~/Desktop/AndroidKitchen/OUTPUT_ZIP/" folder and copy "signed_date_hours.zip" to your SD card and flash.

I did this and I have no problems at all.

And many thanks to:
"dsixda" for kitchen .
"Daneshm90" for apkmanager.
"ClassicalGas" for point me how to correct lock screen.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: KBanause

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
There is a far easier way to fix the lockscreen bars and boot animation and all you need is 7zip. I don't have a computer handy to go through the process but if you have a copy of the correct files just copy them into the framework-res.apk file.

Gas

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
There is a far easier way to fix the lockscreen bars and boot animation and all you need is 7zip. I don't have a computer handy to go through the process but if you have a copy of the correct files just copy them into the framework-res.apk file.
Thanks Gas for point me that! Any way I learned a lot today making this!

rover.prince

Jul 7, 2010
www.zodage.com
I wish if someone could guide me to edit the xml file as I wish to edit the detail in xml files.

framework-res.apk----->res------>layout

I am using windows 7 and xml files open in unknown ASCII language. I wish someone could give me a clue to this work. As many things are in xml to be edited for colors etc.

ClassicalGas

Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne
I wish if someone could guide me to edit the xml file as I wish to edit the detail in xml files.

framework-res.apk----->res------>layout

I am using windows 7 and xml files open in unknown ASCII language. I wish someone could give me a clue to this work. As many things are in xml to be edited for colors etc.
You need to decompile it with apktool. Apkmanager is a more friendly front end for it.

This decodes the xmls.

Then you can edit the xml with anything.

Gas

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
Could someone upload the Oxygen stock wallpaper? Searched through the zip but I can't find it and it doesn't seem to be in any of the Wallpaper selections :(

KBanause

Jul 27, 2010
Munich
Thanks to user ClassicalGas I could fix lock screen on Oxygen 1.0.3 Themed version.
And thanks to you I was able to fix it in my theme :)

I found out that apktool has made the gray graphics lighter while decompiling them. I copied your files into my framework-res.apk to be sure to have the right ones in it. But after I decompiled it there the original graphic is darker than the one apktool has produced.

Maybe this information is useful for anyone who wants to create themes. I will add it to my tutorial.