Oxygen Theme Discussion

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
ADB with color Windows/Linux!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Windows users only:

1. Open "ansi131.zip" and extract folder x86 or x64 to any folder on your computer.
2. Rigth click on "My Computer" go to propeties> advanced tab> system variables> and add folder x86/x64 to the end of your PATH.

This way when we open cmd/prompt we have to hit "ansicon" before "adb shell" to colors work. If you want install permanently read "readme.txt" file inside "ansi131.zip".
-----------------------------------------------------

From terminal/prompt:

$cd /folder/to/bashnano.zip
$adb push bashnano.zip /mnt/sdcard/
$adb shell

From adb shell:

#mount -o remount,rw /system
#cd /mnt/sdcard/
#unzip bashnano.zip

Backup old terminfo:

#mv /system/etc/terminfo /system/etc/terminfoOLD

Install new terminfo:

#cp -r /sdcard/terminfo /system/etc

Setup Bash:

#cp /sdcard/bash /system/bin/bash_new
#mv /system/bin/sh /system/bin/sh.old
#ln -s /system/bin/bash_new /system/bin/sh

Setup Nano:
#cp /sdcard/nano /system/bin

Exit from adb shell and reboot:

#exit

$adb reboot

OBS: Only thing I could not do was the bash completion feature on windows, only works on linux. I think is only matter of make aliases for, but I dont know how.

Made this reading this threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=537508

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=727566

Useful links:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/howto-linux-unix-bash-shell-setup-prompt.html

http://adoxa.110mb.com/ansicon/index.html

Attachments

Steviebabes

Sep 14, 2010
St Neots
I love the concept and work gone into this and would love to run it, however I need to sync contacts with MS Outlook. Has anyone managed to add a bit of Rosie or got any other work a rounds???
Plaxo have just announced an offering for Android, has anyone tried it on Oxygen??

Steve

Desire running MoDaCo r9

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
I love the concept and work gone into this and would love to run it, however I need to sync contacts with MS Outlook. Has anyone managed to add a bit of Rosie or got any other work a rounds???
Plaxo have just announced an offering for Android, has anyone tried it on Oxygen??

Steve

Desire running MoDaCo r9
I tried Plaxo, it works as long as you do not need your contact pictures synced. That was the reason for me not to use it. Beside of this is it seems to work.

I used a Google to Outlook sync program on my PC to keep the contacts and calendar in my Outlook updated, but it is not a freeware. Today I do not really use Outlook anymore, only Gmail on the browser and my phone.

mikep99

Jan 2, 2010
Up North

Steve

Desire running MoDaCo r9
Try MyPhoneExplorer....

its free and does everything i need it to do.
i also sync my outlook contacts up to GMAIL just to be on the safe side :)

schiznik

Jun 26, 2010
www.schiznik.com
Dude, did you change the colours of the built in power widget? (Yes I know you use the paid version ;))

They're still cyanogen blue on the vertical one, been hunting through the source to change em myself, but can't find them anywhere. Any ideas?

I guess it'll be a bit redundant anyway when adam's finished integrating them into the notification bar :)

Edit, did have a nice screenie but XDA app didn't want to let me upload it :S

1000moths

Nov 16, 2010
Dude, did you change the colours of the built in power widget? (Yes I know you use the paid version ;))

They're still cyanogen blue on the vertical one, been hunting through the source to change em myself, but can't find them anywhere. Any ideas?

I guess it'll be a bit redundant anyway when adam's finished integrating them into the notification bar :)

Edit, did have a nice screenie but XDA app didn't want to let me upload it :S
I never got round to it lol. To be honest with Gingerbread only just round the corner i've not really bothered to do much. I really like the default Gingerb look so once it's out I may tweak it about a bit.

DrDee

Jul 14, 2010
Christchurch
What would be a win for me would be the ability to apply themes as per MIUI.
Fantastic theme support in MIUI which reminds me of Summerboard/Winterboard on the iLame....

Moning2

Apr 4, 2010
I was wondering if it's possible to use the Oxygen lock animation for other ROM's.
I've noticed small differences between the lock animations I've seen but the one I saw in this ROM really appealed to me.

By chance I found a video of this animation so you know what I'm talking about: On youtube: watch?v=MWoQxZs2-Lc
Can't post a complete link due to newbie-limitations.. :rolleyes:

Moning2

Apr 4, 2010
It seems you're right, after watching another video of the Nexus One with a stock ROM with the same animation I'll just wait for my ROM to go to Gingerbread :)

JeffryL

Nov 13, 2010
I really love your work on the 1.0.4 theme. It's great! But the green in the 2.0 theme is not quite my taste. Prefer the blue, it's more fresh.