• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General OxygenOS 11.2.8.8 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

Search This thread

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Recently rooted my 9 Pro, been trying to reset to stock. Get a device corrupted error if I try to relock the bootloader. And the OS I used is from One Plus website. OTA update doesn't work either. Any idea if Oxygen updater will fix it and when they'll get 11.2.8.8 ?
You need to flash stock boot image in fastboot. There is a thread with 7.7 boot image here at top of thread. Once you do that you should be able to lock which will wipe your device or just wipe without locking. That should get you to 💯 stock.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
I got this update today. I do incremental, because i'm not root-ed.
For me everything goes very good, like i did before.
European model, european os.

Shooter7889

Mar 24, 2019
FLORENCE
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
You need to flash stock boot image in fastboot. There is a thread with 7.7 boot image here at top of thread. Once you do that you should be able to lock which will wipe your device or just wipe without locking. That should get you to 💯 stock.
Yes I'm facing same issue. Everything seems fine except I cannot click power button to lock screen, or take screenshots. Rebooted several times. Rooted, but never faced issue like this bcux of that.

Samuel Holland

Jun 26, 2013
lake charles
Yes I'm facing same issue. Everything seems fine except I cannot click power button to lock screen, or take screenshots. Rebooted several times. Rooted, but never faced issue like this bcux of that.
Sorry to hear that, I can remember a while back on the 8 pro and a few Pixels, it seemed like every time or just about every time I updated, I'd have to wipe my device for one reason or another. Now if that doesn't fix it then I guess it would be custom ROM time.

Shooter7889

Mar 24, 2019
FLORENCE
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
Sorry to hear that, I can remember a while back on the 8 pro and a few Pixels, it seemed like every time or just about every time I updated, I'd have to wipe my device for one reason or another. Now if that doesn't fix it then I guess it would be custom ROM time.
I updated 2nd slot to see if that helped.. Didn't.. But I figured out why.. Not sure why but the awesome DE-Throttling mod the guy from other thread created was causing the problem..for me anyway. I deactivated that and power button is back to normal.

Reactions: Samuel Holland

Haunt3r

For those curious about throttling in this update, it's still present:
Screenshot_20210721-103506.jpg
with TPD enabled
Screenshot_20210721-103707.jpg

Initial run after disabling via tasker task
Screenshot_20210721-103937.jpg

Second run after disabling and force closing chrome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you please explain to mw what is a throttling?

Oneplus, in their infinite wisdom, decided to throttle (scale back the performance) of the processor when certain apps were used, not allowing the app to take full advantage of the processing power. This can cause delays, lag, or general slowness of said apps. If I remember correctly (I may not) there's something like 300 apps that Oneplus throttles.

Not only did they do this, but they tried to hide it, too.

If the Pixel 6 is a good phone, I'll be jumping ship. I've loved OP but this kind of crap (and no OIS on the OP9) infuriates me.
    For those curious about throttling in this update, it's still present:
    Screenshot_20210721-103506.jpg
    with TPD enabled
    Screenshot_20210721-103707.jpg

Initial run after disabling via tasker task
    Screenshot_20210721-103937.jpg

Second run after disabling and force closing chrome.
    Looks like they're rolling out 11.2.8.8 for the device : OxygenOS 11.2.8.8 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro - OnePlus Community

Not seeing anywhere that it will get a full build, which is unfortunate since it's a PitA to update with an OTA when rooted and having a ton of mods.

Edit:

Changelog from forum in case you don't want to bother clicking the link:

• System
    Updated Android security patch to 2021.07
    Fixed known issues and improved stability

• Ambient Display
    Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed by Snapchat & Bitmoji, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you ( Path: Settings - Customization - Clock on ambient display - Bitmoji )

• OnePlus Store
    An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
    Im downloaded and installed this update through my rooted op9pro, but after first boot my power button do not lock my phone instantly its just show me power off and restart menu.
    No option to lock my phone, just wait to display sleep time..
    Ladies and gentlemen...I have removed a whooping 12 posts because none of them are relevant to this thread... and I will not do that again...

Please remember that this is a discussion thread on a specific ROM...not a names calling or personal attack thread... Do think about our rules before you post.

If you see some posts which do not meet XDA Rules, report them quickly to ask moderators to take action on the comment and/or the user. Thank you for your help.

Jerry
    Forum Moderator