Question OxygenOS 12 C.44 (Europe) issue with alarm

Search This thread

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello,

I have upgraded my phone to the latest Android 12 update and most things seems ok and not seen the issues that was reported in the previous releases, besides things looks a bit different as I said it seems to run OK for me.

The one "big" issue i seem to have is with the alarm that I can't snooze or turn it off from the lock screen, it plays the alarm at the right time but to turn it off I have to unlock the phone and pull down on the notification bar and then hit disable.

So was wondering if this is working for anyone else OK on the c44 update or not? If it does I might try a factory reset and see if it works after that, but dont really want to have to take a sledge hammer approach after just upgrading the phone.

seelions

Dec 7, 2011
NC & VT
Hi, this is davyleggend and my experience:

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I´ve had my device (EU C44) last night on that wireless charging station and in the morning the alarm started regularly. The screen was on and I was able to swipe the alarm away. Just like before on Android 11.
Thanks, guess i might have to do a factory reset see if it resolve it for me...I guess I might hold of a bit see if they release another update shortly as it does feel a bit like a beta not a final release.

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
Same issua here. Sounds like a small problem, but this is huge problem at 0600 when alarm starts and you try to shut it quickly so your wife doesn't wake :)

Tried to change all kinds of settings, no help.
Clock -> Alarm -> volume and power button - Tried all 3 different settings here, no change. Alarm start, but screen remains black.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Mine works fine. But i'm on ColorOS C.44 (European phone/region)
I Don't like that missing alarm option : Alarm starts even with the phone off". So i set it to Airplane Mode.

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
I facotry reset my phone and it is now working perfectly and I also fixed some other weird issues I have had for a while on Android 11 as well after the upgrade to Android 12.

The only annoying thing was that it didnt restore my SMS messages from my googlebackup which has been working fine for years on previous devices so not sure why that was, guess it did clear out all the old cr*p I had there :)

Reactions: galaxys

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
Well... worked fine yesterday when testing, but this morning phone was black again when alarm started. This is actually bugging me more than it should. Maybe factory reset is the next step. Or maybe I just go back to android11 and update to 12 when 12L comes, hopefully volume control in chromecast works then as promised...

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
Well... worked fine yesterday when testing, but this morning phone was black again when alarm started. This is actually bugging me more than it should. Maybe factory reset is the next step. Or maybe I just go back to android11 and update to 12 when 12L comes, hopefully volume control in chromecast works then as promised...

Me too expereince this bug... Tried factory reset too ... But the issue still remains

Same for me. I had donr s factory reset after the upgrade and faced the alarm issue, had to restart the phone to turn off the alarm. Eventually I reverted back to android 11.

Jump1ng

Nov 23, 2011
UK
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 9 Pro
Guess I spoke to soon as this morning I couldnt disable the alarm without unlocking and then pull down on the notification bar...very annoying please OnePlus can we get a stable release of Android 12 thanks.

davyleggend

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yup, me too when I test it the screen goes on correctly but every morning this don't happen. I'm on c44 eu, wipe data don't work .

davyleggend

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Alarm worked fine this morning let me disable it by swiping.

I guess the point is though for being a "stable" official upgrade it feels far to much like they using everyone as beta testers.
You're right. I found this option (i don't remember if there is in os 11 too but I don't think so) by default is off (turn on for disable). It say "allows you to stop active trace logs when a bug report is initiated" .

In one plus community app when I report the alarm issue they told me to screenshot the time when that happens. This aroused my suspicions so I found this out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220129_092822.jpg
    IMG_20220129_092822.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 105

ArchuX

Oct 3, 2014
Same issue on c.44. I fix it by install Google stock clock.
And also I come from 11 to 12 with clean install. So I think that factory reset will not help.

Last edited:

Kaltcu

Feb 1, 2016
All problems are resolved now and phone works like it should. Alarm is working nicely, I can control volume from phone volume-buttons when casting to chromecast,...
Solution was pretty simple: downgraded back to 11 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have upgraded my phone to the latest Android 12 update and most things seems ok and not seen the issues that was reported in the previous releases, besides things looks a bit different as I said it seems to run OK for me.

The one "big" issue i seem to have is with the alarm that I can't snooze or turn it off from the lock screen, it plays the alarm at the right time but to turn it off I have to unlock the phone and pull down on the notification bar and then hit disable.

So was wondering if this is working for anyone else OK on the c44 update or not? If it does I might try a factory reset and see if it works after that, but dont really want to have to take a sledge hammer approach after just upgrading the phone.
    I´ve had my device (EU C44) last night on that wireless charging station and in the morning the alarm started regularly. The screen was on and I was able to swipe the alarm away. Just like before on Android 11.
    Well, now it works on both clocks: op and google.
    I removed both, reboot, installed and boom, works nice...
    All problems are resolved now and phone works like it should. Alarm is working nicely, I can control volume from phone volume-buttons when casting to chromecast,...
    Solution was pretty simple: downgraded back to 11 :)
    Read about this issue elsewhere. It doesn't happen on my phone.