Question OxygenOS 12 C.48

Search This thread

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch
So how is OOS 12 compared to 11? I've seen mixed reactions with people going back to 11. I'm having some issues on 11, and hoping 12 would fix my issues. Of course, if it sucks or introduces more problems than it fixes, I might as well stay on 11.

Thanks!
For my usage 12 works a treat, but looking forward to 13!😉 I haven't looked back since being on 12 for 3 months...📱

tochmi

Mar 29, 2011
OxygenOS team started to incrementally roll out the OxygenOS 12 - C.48 update for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
OxygenOS 12 C.48 incremental with April security patch will be with us soon.
Change log:
- System - [Improved] system stability
[Updated] Android security patch to 2022.04

Install :
If you are on OxygenOS 12 C.47 you will get incremental update around 150mb. Use Local Update app.
Update C.48 available for me now!

No root, no Oxygen updater: check updates from seetings and voilà!

OnePlus 9 Pro EU version (LE2123)

Still waiting may update...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-17-06-45-23-86_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-17-06-45-23-86_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 81

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
:LOL:
So, after only just 1 hole month, today, 17.05.2022 at 7:15 a.m. i got C.48 European... I got it on system update. On Oxygen update still C.47...
LE2123

Now, 9:40 a.m. got notification about C.48 from Oxygen updater...

Last edited:
Reactions: Effizio01

AndyC76

Nov 24, 2010
Received same update , applying now. OnePlus said it would fix the issues I reported ( phone didn't power on when scheduled, and alarm wouldn't work if phone powered off).

The issues that OnePlus told me would be resolved, have not been fixed.

I'm going to re log this, can you confirm you've got the same issues?

Sheppie

Jan 15, 2009
Behind a screen
Received same update , applying now. OnePlus said it would fix the issues I reported ( phone didn't power on when scheduled, and alarm wouldn't work if phone powered off).

I didn't know Oneplus had this function so I searched for it and set it up. Just now my phone turned off at the specified time and started 15 minutes later, according to the schedule.
I ran this on C48 build that was intended for Oneplus 9 Pro international but my phone is a 9 pro EU version.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: AndyC76

MichalPlays

Nov 5, 2015
Also got the C.48 update today. However, it's kinda glitchy (not good?)

After the upgrade, my German SIM started to glitch the cellular connection. It kinda looks like the SIM was disconnecting and connecting again and again every second.
I though my SIM is broken, so I inserted it to my OnePlus 8 Pro and later on to iPhone 13 Pro Max and on those devices, the SIM was detected and connected to provider without any problems.
My second SIM on that 9 Pro didn't had such problems, after I removed my Spanish SIM. I also tried to remove the Spanish SIM and keep the German SIM inside but the result was the same as with both SIM's.
To be fair, this SIM was purchased 2015 and maybe because of the additional 5G plan, it causes problems but I'll try it out this week and update my comment.
I deactivated the SIM and in 2-3 days I'll be getting the replacement SIM and this will show me if it's a software problem or a broken SIM. Definitely rly strange

Edit:
It was a problem with the SIM card..

Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
They should have just skipped C.48 and went to the next build.

I can tell you that I actually discovered the alarm power on feature when I was at the movie theater this past weekend... Shut my phone off and the alarm powered it on and started blaring... So yeah, I can confirm that works... Last phone I had with that feature (AFAIK) was a Nokia 3390.

Still no 5G on Bell Canada plmn with OP9P, anyone knows where those phones keep carrier information ?

on Android 11 it was sufficient to change carrier_policy.xml but since A12 it's broken...

It's not MBN, i can have whatever mbn and still can't choose 5G

AndyC76

Nov 24, 2010
I didn't know Oneplus had this function so I searched for it and set it up. Just now my phone turned off at the specified time and started 15 minutes later, according to the schedule.
I ran this on C48 build that was intended for Oneplus 9 Pro international but my phone is a 9 pro EU version.

Hope that helps.
Ah glad it worked for you 😊
Still not working for me, I've opened a new case and supplied logs.

Reactions: Sheppie

Sheppie

Jan 15, 2009
Behind a screen
So, after the android 12 upgrade I noticed I have problems with setting the volume of my chromecast player.
When I connect YT/Netflix/Disney+/anything to chromecast on android 11, I can control the volume output of the chromecast, and not the media output of my phone.

However, after the upgrade to android 12, I cannot do this anymore with my regular volume controls. I cannot select the chromecast volume channel so I need to go directly to google home, select my chromecast and control the volume from there.
Sidenote: I've installed the non-root version of Vanced AND the microG suite. It may have an effect on that but even after uninstalling both apps it still didn't work.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi

I'm going to re log this, can you confirm you've got the same issalarm works fine for me on C.47 & i just tested on C.48
Clock alarm works when the phone is off. Phone powers on & alarm rings. On C.47 and now i tested on C.48. Works fine.

Reactions: AndyC76

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Also got the C.48 update today. However, it's kinda glitchy (not good?)

After the upgrade, my German SIM started to glitch the cellular connection. It kinda looks like the SIM was disconnecting and connecting again and again every second.
I though my SIM is broken, so I inserted it to my OnePlus 8 Pro and later on to iPhone 13 Pro Max and on those devices, the SIM was detected and connected to provider without any problems.
My second SIM on that 9 Pro didn't had such problems, after I removed my Spanish SIM. I also tried to remove the Spanish SIM and keep the German SIM inside but the result was the same as with both SIM's.
To be fair, this SIM was purchased 2015 and maybe because of the additional 5G plan, it causes problems but I'll try it out this week and update my comment.
I deactivated the SIM and in 2-3 days I'll be getting the replacement SIM and this will show me if it's a software problem or a broken SIM. Definitely rly strange
I recomand to change youre SIM. Is 7 years old, he goes to school now...

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
This (Ring alarm when the device is Off) is the only option i like & use that is missing in ColorOS.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Does anyone else have problems with Google search on C.48? It just stopped showing app suggestions this morning which is very annoying because it's how I launch apps on my phone. I have tried toggling the apps searching functionality on and off, rebooted my phone, force closed and restarted the app... Nothing seems to fix it and I really don't want to factory reset.

Edit: meh. Got it working on the widget again so I just disabled bringing up search when swiping the home screen. This is the way I always did it before I had a phone with that feature anyway.

Last edited:

holydemon

Dec 9, 2020
Can't install this update to my 2123 through both new system updater and old system updater i installed with apk. Always got stuck at 39% and says "update can't install" any solutions to this?

r0ni3

Oct 8, 2014
Same problem!
I removed magisk... The phone boot fine but update dont work

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-19-21-57-10-94_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-19-21-57-10-94_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OxygenOS team started to incrementally roll out the OxygenOS 12 - C.48 update for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro.
    OxygenOS 12 C.48 incremental with April security patch will be with us soon.
    Change log:
    -
    System - [Improved] system stability
    [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.04

Install :
    If you are on OxygenOS 12 C.47 you will get incremental update around 150mb. Use Local Update app.
    Only for India atm...
    NA and EU will follow soon...
    So how is OOS 12 compared to 11? I've seen mixed reactions with people going back to 11. I'm having some issues on 11, and hoping 12 would fix my issues. Of course, if it sucks or introduces more problems than it fixes, I might as well stay on 11.

Thanks!
    For my usage 12 works a treat, but looking forward to 13!😉 I haven't looked back since being on 12 for 3 months...📱
    So I've set notifications on at Gmail sync and sent an email from another account, this appears ( top left of screen )
    How's SIM and other functions? And can you keep the phone rooted after update by installing magisk to inactive slot? I am tempted to do it but have some doubts about keeping it rooted.
    Don't do the switch to ColorOS. It's really not meant for global/EU/IN customers. Since I have a single SIM device I had to root and flash a build.prop edit to get mobile data working and COS is even more aggressive with closing background apps than OOS is so I missed a lot of notifications. Then if something goes wrong and you have to factory reset, the phone doesn't come with Gapps by default, so you have to manually go and find the Play Store APK on APK Pure and install it manually to get all that back. It also took me a few hours to set up notifications for all of my apps after I reset because by default they're all turned off and even after I did all that, the AOD still didn't wake for them.

There is all kinds of babysitting going on too like an app scanner that won't let you install certain APKs without a HeyTap account so you have to sign up a new account on Oppo Cloud on a PC and then put that into the phone.

If you want to try it, be my guest, but you will probably end up flashing back. The phone isn't recognized as the original variant by the MSM Tool anymore either after you flash ColorOS so if you brick it you'll have to flash the Indian 9 Pro MSM and then download the OTA for your region and do the local upgrade to get back to regular firmware.

As for your question about root, I would think the inactive slot method would work, I haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't.