Question OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for the OnePlus 10 Pro

Search This thread

S /\ E E D

Jun 8, 2014
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah, I did the quick method as explained above. Next time I'll definitely do the full unpatch and boot, lmao. Now I'm out at least 2 weeks in a pretty dire time, sucks but what can you do.
I had similar issue previously with my old Mi A2 (root, bootloop after OTA)
I never update my 10 Pro if I haven't the Full OTA file especially when we don't have official fastboot ROM + No MSM Tool

Reactions: Prant

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yeah, I did the quick method as explained above. Next time I'll definitely do the full unpatch and boot, lmao. Now I'm out at least 2 weeks in a pretty dire time, sucks but what can you do.
UPDATE: So... uhhh... after returning home from work and trying to put the phone into EDL mode and rebooting it a bunch, the thing actually booted all the way up. I'm pretty sure what happened is somehow after crashing at boot enough it kicked itself back to the other slot? Which thankfully wasn't corrupted in my case.

I was able to do the full incremental update to NE2215_11_C19 (because there's no full NE2215 C19 zip yet), without wanting to maintain root this time. Rebooted, worked and was unrooted. So I downloaded the NE2213 full C19 zip, took the boot from that, patched it, and booted it with fastboot... worked perfectly. Was able to do a Direct Install and now am very happily back on NE2215_11_C19 fully rooted.
I am overly thankful right now for whatever allowed the phone to boot again after booting multiple times into Qualcomm Crashdump.

Reactions: the_rooter

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey how did you get the incremental update on 2215? I cant get it to prompt me. Tried the updater app (from play store) and the settings updater.
It shows up in the Oxygen Updater app for me. It also did show in the System Update prior to the initial crash though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-21-01-08-47-18_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-21-01-08-47-18_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2022-09-21-01-08-39-78_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-21-01-08-39-78_1f7d930ac4546e961acbbe2ed3d9ab7f.jpg
    850.2 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Tilde88

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Have a oneplus 8 pro and was thinking about getting the 11pro. But ive heard their skin is so heavily laden and changed from being light and fast. Any one know anything about this? Kinda makes me pull away from it and go for pixel 7 pro
There's quite a few threads asking just this question.

In short the answer is no you should avoid any new OnePlus devices.

The device you have is superb, you won't get the cameras you've already got, a great performance to power ratio, excellent development on xda, the old (normal) thread style and a vibrant community.

The pixel 7 is a good shout but again it's still not going to be an amazing phone from the information that's available.

My advice, stick where you are and flash Evo X, it really isn't going to get any better than that for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: S /\ E E D

dontbeweakvato

May 16, 2013
St louis
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
There's quite a few threads asking just this question.

In short the answer is no you should avoid any new OnePlus devices.

The device you have is superb, you won't get the cameras you've already got, a great performance to power ratio, excellent development on xda, the old (normal) thread style and a vibrant community.

The pixel 7 is a good shout but again it's still not going to be an amazing phone from the information that's available.

My advice, stick where you are and flash Evo X, it really isn't going to get any better than that for the foreseeable future.
Thanks I only was afraid I'm going to break this op8 and be out a device. Planning contingency

Reactions: dladz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can't wait so installed on stock IN build.smoother experience till now. Sharing of content looks amazing
    Images from Techdroider looks amazing 😍
    Just installed the open beta.
    It's kinda great so far 😅👍
    I agree, any idea what that Chinese writing is when you click it?
    Screenshot_2022-08-16-14-23-46-64_7a5391456ddf15713cd09dfbd75e8325.jpg
    here's my advice for anyone installing this on a rooted device and want to retain root by flashing in the other slot. DON'T!

Flashing this on a rooted device should be fine since it's the full zip, but don't root by flashing in the other slot after OTA. My experience with flashing a new android version and trying to keep root on multiple OP phones have ended up in a soft brick. The only difference here is that we don't have TWRP or unbrick tools to save your ass.

Let the phone update to android 13 and let it boot up at least once or twice before extracting the boot, patching, and rooting.

You're welcome!
    Updated yesterday. Ran EU, updated with IN. No problems so far. Haven't used the phone so much, but I can tell you already that the update is better than ColorOS shait.

Battery also seems stable from yesterday. Over the night, the phone have only dropped few %. Checked the battery just now after 30 mins screentime, and it's down to 90%. (Was 94%), and for my usage it's pretty fair.